Skip navigation

*NEW* Milton Keynes Meet 03/11/09 New location

Back to the top

*NEW* Milton Keynes Meet 03/11/09 New location

Spudfingers said

brucieboy said

….you heard me…  :shhh:

:tlc:   <——- me trying to sooth ant5 pain after he forgets that bumper!!!

Dohhh, Guys Ive got some bad news……… :(

Cant make the meet next week. :banghead:

I have just been told to loose myself at work for a week or two "Garden leave" so as the misses is going to Cyprus to see friends i have just got a flight so im going on hols in two days time. :D

Brucie…. do you want me to drop the bumper off, PM me.

Can i please please please be included in secret santa, get Rajan to pick my person out of the funks hat

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top

nickl said

Ha ha ha ha ha lol u lot make me laugh alot sometimes, the way you all go on! Glad you had a good holiday spudzilla and zambo, any more news on the car yet mate?

Zambo is off to go and take shots of the work in progress now (15:30Hrs).  The head has arrived back so I think they may be grinding valves but not sure how far they are going with the work… he's going to update us in a bit.

Ant no worries mate I'll stick your name in the funks hat.  What's this gardening leave?  In my line of work thats the dreaded R word???  8O …. you OK mate?

Back to the top
Oh and the latest Secret Santa list is as follows (let us know before Tuesday if you'd like to join in):-

Secret Santa

1. Spud
2. Lessy-Jim
3. funk-star
4. Nickl
5. Phill
6. Studs
7. Zambo
8. Ant5
9. Brucieboy

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

Ant no worries mate I'll stick your name in the funks hat.  What's this gardening leave?  In my line of work thats the dreaded R word???  8O …. you OK mate?

Just had a round of redundancy and found out that i am ok. Although i will be taking over someones contract who will be made redundant although i have to wait until they are told, I cant go to the job now as it will be obvious that they are next to go…. Does that make sense  :dontknow:

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top

nickl said

Ha ha ha ha ha lol u lot make me laugh alot sometimes, the way you all go on! Glad you had a good holiday spudzilla and zambo, any more news on the car yet mate?

yeah good news m8 thanks for askin, head was back today his started building it back up, was watchin him for a bit puttin new valve stem seals and valve seals, lots being done and decoked, new cam belt,tensioners, rubber that bolts on bottom of carb and to inleti, reseated valves and a few bit inside the inleti manni a rubber…..lots of rubbers everywhere so should run nice cant wait, hopefully it will be running and home monday but if not should be tues latest so will hopefully hav her for tues meet :dance:

your caddy runnin fella??

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

GOLF MKII DRIVER - ex took it

GOLF MKII GTI 16V - scrapped

JETTA MkII GTI 8V LMT EDTION

Back to the top

ant5 said

Spudfingers said

Just had a round of redundancy and found out that i am ok. Although i will be taking over someones contract who will be made redundant although i have to wait until they are told, I cant go to the job now as it will be obvious that they are next to go…. Does that make sense  :dontknow:

good to hear ya still got ya job fella woo sounded a bit close for you? makes perfect sence :wink:

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top

ant5 said

Does make sense mate.  Just glad you, P and Claire are going to be ok.  You've even got a holiday out of it  :lol: .  I really do feel for people being made redundant at any time… but with no jobs and so near xmas it's heartbreaking… saw a few factory units shut around our estate in last couple of months  :(

Back to the top
Pm'd you ant eater!

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
Caddy or cabby zambo?!!!!

Caddy is fine mate, although I won't be making it to the next mk meet as I have an interview th following day so will be spending the evening doing final preperations!

Fingers crossed!

Get poppa funk to pull me a name out of his stinky hat for the secret santa! :wink:

Back to the top

nickl said

Caddy is fine mate, although I won't be making it to the next mk meet as I have an interview th following day so will be spending the evening doing final preperations!

Fingers crossed!

Get poppa funk to pull me a name out of his stinky hat for the secret santa! :wink:

What time's your interview?  What job you going for mate?

Back to the top

nickl said

Fingers crossed!

its got half a roof so its a cabby m8!!  :lol:

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
Interview is at 10 o clock next morn but I have to get to Stevenage in rush hour so I will be leaving my house at 8 30 am, it's a job as a communication officer for herts police constabulary! It's a 2 and a half hour interview with a maths, English and role play exam!!?! So I will probably stuff up at some point! Although staying positive about it, it is a very long and hard route to take to get a new job!!

Don't insult the caddy zambo, it'll never b a hairdressers wagon- stig of the dump me!! Catch me if you can!! :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :wink:

Back to the top

nickl said

Don't insult the caddy zambo, it'll never b a hairdressers wagon- stig of the dump me!! Catch me if you can!! :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :wink:

ha ha your right its not quite a cabby its a poor mans cabby, its for someone thats a hairdresser drop out!! :lol:  :wink:

good luck wiv the job bruv, fingers crossed for ya :wink:

you get the job you'l be able to buy ya self a real car with all that extra money you earn :lol:  :lol:

seriously tho good luck m8

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
Iv already got another car mate- seat leon cupra……changing it to an Audi s4 avant beginningof next year- just so my weekend car is not as quick as my daily runner!

I bet you'll end up seeing the light and buying a caddy too zambo- you all know it's the way forward- funkstar seen the light and maybe crossing over!!!  :wink:

Back to the top

nickl said

Iv already got another car mate- seat leon cupra……changing it to an Audi s4 avant beginningof next year- just so my weekend car is not as quick as my daily runner!

I bet you'll end up seeing the light and buying a caddy too zambo- you all know it's the way forward- funkstar seen the light and maybe crossing over!!!  :wink:

i would never say no to a caddy m8 i wanted one for carrying my mountain bikes in :wink:

wot you doin drivin a seat leon…. are you an avon lady? :lol:

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
Funnily enouh that was the original reason I bought a caddy- only I can't do that now because A) there is no tray floor,B) if you put weight in the back the rear arches sit on the Tyres and the wheels won't go round!!

I'm driving a leon cupra because I always wanted a mk4 gti as a daily driver then I learnt that the leon cupra has a 180bhp engine and more or less the same transmission as an Audi s3 rather than a mild 150bhp you get in a mk4 gti with a lesser transmission unless you buy a 25th anniversary mk4 gti or newer- which as it goes in 2012 my step dad is selling his tornado red 25th anniversary silly low mileage and garage stored to me- along side an audi s4 avant which the Missus will use and my caddy weekend toy!! :mrgreen:

Back to the top
My French trip got postponed so can make this now woohoo

Secret Santa

1. Spud
2. Lessy-Jim
3. funk-star
4. Nickl
5. Phill
6. Studs
7. Zambo
8. Ant5
9. Brucieboy
10. dubboy

Banner

Back to the top
10 for secret santa.  Excellent!!!

Looks like it's going to be a good meet!!!  TOMORROW BOYS AND GIRLS!!!

Back to the top
woop de woop!! may have to rock up with a diiirty car, if i dont get time to wash her!! should be good though, how about doing some photoshoots of the cars? and maybe a video parade lap round the car park etc??  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top

brucieboy said

woop de woop!! may have to rock up with a diiirty car, if i dont get time to wash her!! should be good though, how about doing some photoshoots of the cars? and maybe a video parade lap round the car park etc??  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Sounds good to me.  Got new battery for the camcorder…. just a matter of finding which box I put it in lol… all the boxes are labelled but there's hundreds of them (mostly Alaine's clothes and shoes and stuff  :roll: ).  Anyone got a decent camera as our digi one is poop?

I'll try and get any video up by Friday as we're busy unpacking and decorating and have no internet at home yet (hopefully tomorrow - Tuesday).

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.