Skip navigation

Slippy8v's Syncro now with MOT

Back to the top
E-Bay win Brickwerks exhaust cover arrived today quick clean down and nice and shiny needs a small tweak to fit the syncro but can’t see any big issues,wee job for the weekend

Back to the top
looks good job , always good to have something shiney!
meant to say pics in the snow look great ,lovely part of the country where they were taken !

Back to the top
That would up in gods country where the airs clear and the sun nearly always shines

Last edit: by slippy

Back to the top
Lovely jubbly.

Back to the top
Picked up a pull out step during the week, took it apart cleaned it down and gave it a few coats of primer before being sprayed tomorrow.

Back to the top
Spent this afternoon tweaking a Brickwerks stainless exhaust cover,not made to fit a syncro but with a few bits removed got it to fit,this is just a temp fit as i have a few more mounting points to drill in the sump guard,but looks fine to me.

Back to the top
Picked up a lower South African grill on E-Bay they where being sold as slightly marked so got at a good price,

before

and after

before 

and after

Back to the top
New polished alloy badge, well why not.

Back to the top
Picked up a rivnut gun on E-Bay and some inserts tried it out on the exhaust cover,good job just need to fit 3 inserts in the sump guard then ready to fit.

Back to the top
Oil change on the syncro no issues with sump plug, now a lot quieter, also got the stainless exhaust cover fitted just need to reposition 1 hole.

Back to the top
from someone whos not a fan of grey interiors per say, this is some serious attention to detail! youve covered stuff so well, it looks like a stock interior option! rear engine hinged section in particular looks factory! looks great mate! so with all the insulation, sound deadening and carpet, is it a lot quieter in there? i have a bay and am looking at the interior and how to reduce road and engine noise. was the flashing you used expensive? can you give any details on the brand and price etc?

cheers mate, love this thread!

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
brucieboy I used flashband bought in B&Q very cheap as you can see in the build thread only needs to be in part of the panels as it stop’s the noise resonating through them, also got the insulation in B&Q again cheap but you must use hi temp spray glue, if you use anything else it will eventually come off. lots of other van owners use the same stuff, has made the van very quite to drive.

http://www.diy.com/departments/evo-stik-grey-flashing-tape-w75mm-l10m/35413_BQ.prd

http://www.diy.com/departments/bq-loft-insulation-l75m-w600mm/182139_BQ.prd

Back to the top
Soft dash trim arrived and fitted today

Back to the top
thanks for the info buddy :)

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
Needed a wee VW fix so fitted some table leg brackets under the R+R bead seat to keep the table leg nice and tidy.

Back to the top
Salvaged some curtain rail from a van being broken and had just enough to do behind the driver/pax seat and top and bottom of tail gate just need to get the curtains sorted

Back to the top
Took the syncro out for a run to a local vintage car and tractor show at Springhill House Co Londonderry

He kind of fits right in

Back to the top
A little bit more storage added

Back to the top
Alway like to do a bit of skip diving now and again,was driving past the house of one of my wife’s friends who is moving house and spied a skip in her driveway and sat on the top was the seat foam for a folding seat/ bed so stopped and asked if I could have it, must say got a strange look when I asked if I could poke in her skip lol should be able to cut the 4" foam to suit the rear R+R in the syncro.  Stripped the covers off and 2 fit the rear section perfectly, just need to get the seat and back sections then get them covered.

Back to the top
With the R+R bed down it is clear that to be on the safe side I would need to fit some sort of drop down leg, so picked these folding table legs up,perfect for my needs just need cut to length.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.