Skip navigation

Smudger's 20vt Project A.K.A Patsy. (Update 07/06/2015 Got the love back)

Back to the top

Smudger's 20vt Winter 2012 Project (UPDATE 23/12/12)

Cheers Smudger  :thumbs:

Back to the top

Baggie82 said

Cheers Smudger  :thumbs:

No worries dude you're welcome.

Had a quite eventful day yesterday working on the car, managed to get the read beam and fuel tank off and started to rebuild them both. Also took the rear suspension off and freed up the coils and fitted the helper springs. Should be all back together next week.

Have ordered all the fuel hose and clamps etc ready for fitting that next Sunday.

Will upload some pics later on.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Beam go okay? If you've started stripping beam did you manage the clamps for arb ok? 

Back to the top
Beam came off the car easily with no snapped bolts mate.  :cool: Plenty of Plusgas was used though to lube it all up.

The clamps for the ARB were already on there as were done a few months ago but the outer ones were an absolute nightmare to get on and took an age and needed two people. The inner ones were fine.

:thumbs:

Back to the top
Lots of mole grips were used to get my outer ones back on  :lol:

Don't think back end of my car was ever touched, and I mean ever! 

Back to the top
Mine had, had some bits replaced. Just glad the beam came off first time of asking. New one on next week.

Back to the top
Great build will set myself a few moments to read all the data laters… Keep it up 👍

Back to the top
Cheers mate  :)

Back to the top
Ok a few pics as promised. Not as many as usual as most of the work is going on under the car.

Anyway here's an up to date shot of the engine bay. All that is missing now is fitting the expansion tank, fit maf holder when it makes it from the USA and a few other odds and sods. Note the P Clip we installed to hold up the pipework in place. :)

Refurbed beam ready to fit on Sunday with rear disc conversion once the bearings arrive.

Quick shot of the rear suspension after we took both sides off and freed them up.

More next week before a week off for Mothers Day

Back to the top
Coming along nicely, Bet you cant wait to finish it :D

Back to the top
Looking good Smudger. Impressive work. Keep the updates coming.

Back to the top
Cheers guys, I am bursting to get it all finished and mapped and give it a good clean. :)

Back to the top
looking gud m8. is that the speedo coming across engine?

Back to the top

peterg60 said

looking gud m8. is that the speedo coming across engine?

Yes mate although I think it may need adjusting slightly.

Back to the top
ive run my behind the raintray then out behind the servo fits nicely and hidden. has yours got a hole where raintray is. in your pitcure by the tank

Back to the top
Engine bay looks stunning mate, Top work man!! won't be long now. :)

Back to the top
Ok update time. Managed to get a fair bit done today but was hindered with the rear brakes by not having the right bits. I'll let the pics do the talking though……

MAF holder finally arrived from the USA.

All fitted up…………….

GTI tank all fitted back up.

Rear beam back on as well..

Started to build up the rear disc conversion but am missing one or two bits which I hope to acquire by next week.

Fuel line setup installed with fuel filter…

Comments welcome as always.

Smudger.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Looking superb smudger.

Wish I had the talent and know how :-)

Not long til its on the road :-)

Back to the top
Loom is the major hurdle to get through next after the finishing off the rear of the car then it's odds and sods, MOT and mapping and she's a good'un

Back to the top
Engine bay looks tidy Smudge, really liking that. Can't be much left to do now?

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.