Skip navigation

Project dylan, sold.......

do you think the colour of my project is over the top?!?!?

yes its too bright! {-} [36 votes]
no it looks lush!! {-} [61 votes]
not fussed really! {-} [47 votes]
This poll is closed. You cannot vote unless it is reopened.

Back to the top

Project dylan, up for sale .........15/12/12

Lovely colour mate!

Not into bodykits at all but each to their own

Back to the top
not having a good day today!!! i  have managed to ge the wiring loom swapped over from car to car, witch was ok, then i went about swapping the screen over, and managed to crack it!! :banghead:  :banghead:  then i though ok no problem so i ordeded a new one , problem sorted, then as i was covering the donor car up witht e tarpaulin, i managed to drop my mobile in a bucket of rain water :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:   just got off the phone to O2 who are guna replace it for me, but im stuck without a fone now until monday!!! rant over!

Mk1 Jetta (Jessie) build thread here
 View topic: Jessie the mk1 jetta (pd conversion) lots of pics!! - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

T25 westfalia camper, 2.2 Subaru powered

vw touran   1.9 tdi remap, Bbs rep wheels , lowered, bla bla bla……… Wife's car
2013 Vw amarok 2.0bitdi, work truck…….  www.jsgarageaberystwyth.co.uk  

Back to the top
sounds like my week

monday       ill all day throwing up ect
tuesday       diesel pump goes on my van ?190 rebuild
wednesday  loose 3 phase at work for the week loads to do
thursday      mini doesnt start battery dead

friday im staying in bed all day :wink:

Back to the top
hey all,
didnt manage to get much done today as i was changing a turbo on my mates seat ibiza 20vt, but i did manage to get the wiring loom swaped from car to car, dont quite know what im guna do with all the original engine loom though,might just cable tie it up somwhere and leave it alone! wana keep it tidy but dont wna loose any of the wiring that i might need for the megasquirt. anyone got a good wiring diagram for a 1980 golf cabby gti? the haynes manual wiring diagram is poo!!
my g/box is finished too, my mate has picked it up for me today from liverpool, its had new 1st gear sincro hub, 2nd gear sincro hub, 2nd gear bulk ring, diff planet gears, and all seals and bearings. needles to say it was knackered!!
thats all for today but its being mopped tomorrow so more shiny pics tomoz nite!

View topic: Jessie the mk1 jetta (pd conversion) lots of pics!! - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Back to the top

jamiegolf said

anyone got a good wiring diagram for a 1980 golf cabby gti? the haynes manual wiring diagram is poo!!

The diagrams in Haynes are exact copies of the original VW items  8O

You will not find better , bigger maybe but not better .

As for the loom , you will be surprised what you do not need [in the engine bay] but as you say leave it till your megasquirt arrives .

Cheers ……………….

Back to the top
i took my old 8v engine loom out just cut it then realised i needed the water temp wires oil wires ect lol

cable tie it up under the dash  :wink:

Back to the top
hey all!
had a bit of spare time on my hands today, ive had my gearbox back this week and finaly got it mated to the engine. ive put a big order in at my local vw dealer for things like rack boots, gear change boot, stearing rack end, and loads of little bits and bps. i also managed to get the front arch liners fitted today and i got the fuel pump, tank filler neck and accumulator all removed from my donor car, its a shame that i need a later style tank otherwise i would have had it all fitted today!! I also found out that i have a brand new fuel pump fitted to my car too!! thats a bonus,  :lol: i will take some pics tomorrow of my progress!

Back to the top

Back to the top

foxymk1 said

y r u useing a later style tank pal?
because the early style tank doesnt fit!! the early one has 2 straps holding it in, and the later one uses 5 bolts to bolt it in. and my shell is a 1987 and the change was about 1983. after 1983 the injection models came with a lift pump in tank too.

Back to the top
just thought i would let you guys know that its being mopped today so it should be nice and shiny later, pics to follow!!

Back to the top

pete_n_mel said

lookin good jamie, hope its all down hill for ya now mate.

still after that hood cover if youll part with it too

pete

ye ive still got it pete, ive got 2 acctually one black and one blue

Back to the top

Back to the top
thanks foxy  :y:
i will update this thread soon, i havent had much time recently to do anything to the car,what with decorating the nursery and building blody flat pack wardrobes and drawers!! :banghead:

Back to the top
how far ya got jamie?? nice weathers on its way lol

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

Volksaction F

Back to the top

pete_n_mel said

how far ya got jamie?? nice weathers on its way lol

well then, i have got all the windows in, all the stick on trims around the screen and on the B pillars inside are all stick on firmly!! the donor car has been totaly stripped now and the shell has gone :cry:  :cry:  every last nut bolt and grommet was removed!! i have had the bootlid back from the bodyshop and is now totaly smoothed of all its badges and lock. the new screen is (hopfully) being fitted this week then its only the roof left to fit and then its watertight!! i can then get on with the interior and the dash. i will post some pic up later as im at my perents house at the mo.

Back to the top
well guys its been a while has it not?!?

i had my new screen fitted today :cheer: hood is fitted, all windows are in and fitted,carpet, soundproofing and dash going in this weekend then guna sort the loom out :roll: guna get all the lights and stuff sorted and then once thats one im guna drop the engine in and get it wired up 8) pics coming soon, sorry for the delay guys been really busy

Back to the top
hmm get it running asap :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

bens_cab said

hmm get it running asap :lol:  :lol:
u guna cum up 2 wales to map it for me then ben?!?!?
weekend break? :wink:

Back to the top
well theres an offer  :lol:

see how it goes i may be available for a couple of days when your ready to fire the old girl up :wink:

also can you refrain from posting without pics :mrgreen:

Back to the top
i havent got any pics to post!!!!! my digicam in knackered!! im guna pinch my mums tomoz and get some pics up tomorrow, well as soon as i have got the dash clocks and all the lights and stuff working then i wil put the lump in, so it should be in next weekend and get it plumbed in, then start on the wiring :twisted:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.