Skip navigation

My project

Back to the top

1982 gti

Good work so far…nice to see someone else tackling a re-spray by them self too ;)

Jamie

Back to the top
Nice work on the paint man!! Fair play to you :thumbs:

Back to the top
Cheers lads. Just waiting for a dry sunny winters day.

Back to the top

wots the best was of modding manifold to clear stearing column.?

Back to the top
Just caught up on your thread. Great panel fit, the shell looks really tidy and ready for the final paint ;)

I'm loving the period speakers!! They look like a pair a mate of mine had in his S1 5-door about 25 years ago!!  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Yeah I love the speakers as well hairyarse, I had a set in my first car in 1987, Mazda 323 1.5 Gt. Just need a graphic equaliser now haha.

Back to the top
Hi majeka.

No idea why I haven't seen your thread before, but that mistake is now rectified  :lol: read the lot and your work looks amazing. Can't wait to see the finished paint job  :thumbs:

And Malcolm is right, that exhaust looks perfect.

Matt

Back to the top

few small bits shot blasted and painted just need mk2 16v 9" servo and master cylinder if anyone can help???:ocf_emoticons__eusa_doh:

Last edit: by Majeka

Back to the top

well i think thats all my bits and pieces refurbished apart from rear fuel tank and beam. Need car back and i can start putting her together.  Also received nice parcel from vw heritage bumpers spoiler and carpet  :ocf_emoticons__icon_biggrin: Can't bloody wait……

Last edit: by Majeka

Back to the top
parts are looking nice, time to re-assemble  :thumbs:

matt

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

well it finally got painted. 

Back to the top
love the work - sorry if I missed it but what paint did you use? - and what spray equipment ? (air fed mask, extractor etc)

Back to the top

Back to the top

ready for home thank f###. 

Back to the top
looking great  :wub:

Back to the top
2 pack paint m8, hvlp gravity fed gun full face respirator with multi purpose canister and a couple inline extractor fans veedubjay.

Back to the top
Brilliant, always loved those wheels.
There are too many online users to list.