Skip navigation

my Mk1 20v 1.8t k04 hybrid dyno results 16/08/2015

Back to the top

Mk1 20vt Megasquirt attempt (and it runs woop woop )

JonP said

I told you we don't need bolts and that the k04 is stud mounted………….

I'll go and get the studs this morning :)

Back to the top
ask for the exhaust manifold stud to.

Back to the top

JonP said

ask for the exhaust manifold stud to.

That's on order already ;)

Back to the top
needed a bigger intercooler so brought 1 last week. fitted it all up fits nice just need to make my boost pipes now. nearly there now :)

Back to the top
have you put your interior back in yet? how does the centre consol fit over the gearshifter?

Back to the top
havent put the centre console back in yet will do that next week. i dont think it will fit as my shifter ive mounted on top and moved more towards the handbrake. if it was mounted underneath then centre console should fit

Back to the top
finding the cable route underneath is pretty tight, so selecting gears seems hard work rather than smooth

Back to the top
Looks good Pete, very nice mate.

I'm going to try and get the turbo to inter cooler pipe a bit lower than yours and try to hide it.

Back to the top

JonP said

finding the cable route underneath is pretty tight, so selecting gears seems hard work rather than smooth

ontop it feels nice and smooth. i used silicon lube on inside of cables

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Looks good Pete, very nice mate.

I'm going to try and get the turbo to inter cooler pipe a bit lower than yours and try to hide it.

my are 2.5 inch they huge cant really hide them  :mrgreen: . brought a vice today so gunna start cutting trmorow

Back to the top
too cold n garage only stopped a few hours fitted all oil/water lines fitted downpipe fits like a glove fitted turbo support bracket and started to make my boost pipe and intake pipe. made a 2.5inch intake for turbo just need a nice big cone filter now.

time to go and get drunk now i think i leave the car alone now till the new yr  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Nice work Pete. Good to hear the downpipe fits so well. I see what you mean now about how close it is to other things. HOT !!!

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Nice work Pete. Good to hear the downpipe fits so well. I see what you mean now about how close it is to other things. HOT !!!

you want to see how close k03s is!

Back to the top

JonP said

smudger1980 said

you want to see how close k03s is!

when i had my ko3 downpipe on it was like 3mm from gaitor . any track abuse would of melted that for sure

Back to the top
well engine is complete now just got to tight the boost pipes back in and wait for air filter.need to tidy up a few things . downpipe in fits great mk2 16v rad in with a bit of modding of the black plastic bits slim line fan in. just got to get some mineral oil tomorrow and oil filter and go for the big start up. i have to break in engine first due forged rods new piston rings. will update if it goes bang :)

Back to the top
Good luck Pete fingers crossed for you mate.

Back to the top
yehhhhhhhh it runs again. well happy now i can see the light. no bang no fires no leaks turned straight of the key. as i rebuilt engine with new rings and rods i used some 20w50 mineral oil . fitted my oil pressure gauge spark plugs out and primed the engine for about 10 key turns had pressure on gauge. fitted spark plugs plugged in ecu had my brother with a bucket of water standing by :). primed the fuel pump and few turns and boom no bang no fire just a mad whistle noise from turbo . the rentless manifold with the 3 inch downpipe just sounds unbelivable. kept the revs at around 2000rpm for about 20mins let it cool and dropped oil and filter no metal from the sump thanks god. time to get it ready for m.0.t  and get it mapped heres a little video i made rev happy. only with downpipe atm going for full custom exhaust next week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsQRcrrpmVs

Back to the top
congrats!

Back to the top
congrats!!! M8

Back to the top
thanks all

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.