Skip navigation

Mk1 Golf driver - FOR SALE - see classifieds

Back to the top

Winter project - Mk1 Driver

Your Driver looks spot on - love it. 

Back to the top
Hi Folks,
Small update and some pics :thumbs:.
Radiator has been leaking for some time, so I've bought a new top fill rad and new rad cards, which are now fitted together with new thermostat and housing as it was very rusty. I've also renewed all coolant hoses with blue replacements. I also drined the entire system and jetted through before re-filling with VAG coolant :).
I've also replaced the rocker cover gasket as I had the rocker cover shotblasted and powder coated satin black :).
Next job was the exhaust manifold, which gave up very suddenly whilst out on a drive. Turned out that a previous owner had done some unusual welding to the gushet of the pipes, and then wrapped in exhaust bandage :(.
Eventually after much internet searching, I purchased an Ashley 4:2:1 ms competition manifold which arrived 2 days after purchase. The changeover was a real pain, as the manifold bolts to the cylinder head had all seized solid. After about 6 daily individual sprays of WD40, I got them all to release. In the end, I had to drop the entire system from its hangers, to repair botched attempts to intermediate flanges and reducer pipes, which prevented the system from fitting. Much head banging and bruised/cut knuckles later :ocf_emoticons__BangHead:, the system was back up and running. I can't afford to replace the rest of the system at present so only the manifold has been done for now :).
Next on my list is the suspension, not only struts and springs though, as all the bump stops and brackets look past their best, and will be done at the same time. I'm going for Eibach lowering springs and Bilstein sports shocks I think, still saving so watch this space :thumbs:.
I've also finished re-trimming my interior and fitting re-furbished campaign steering wheel and Alpine head unit and CD changer in the glovebox :).
This is combined with Vibe speaker upgrades in cabrio door pockets and MB quartz rear shelf co-axials. I'm very pleased with the sound quality, won't win any prizes, but it more than suits me :thumbs:.
Anyway, time to stop rambling on and upload some current photos and as usual, and comments would be very welcome.

Cheers and Merry Christmas and a happy new year to anyone reading this

David

:thumbs:

1991 Golf GTi Rivage - Show Car 1983 Golf driver - Restoration Project

Back to the top
Please tell me those are rolls of red carpet at the front of your garages, rolled out to honour when your MK1's come out?  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Amazing work. Would love to do this to my Mk1!

Back to the top
lovely build so far! keep it up!

Flick r - Flickr: ErosUK's Photostream Insta g r a m - @MK1_TOBY

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Please tell me those are rolls of red carpet at the front of your garages, rolled out to honour when your MK1's come out?  :cool:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: With a trumpet fanfare.

Back to the top
Cracking work as usual Dave, glad your still within budget 😳

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Of course they are Andy  ;)

Back to the top

dal said

Hairyarse said

Of course they are Andy  ;)

Good man!  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Massbad69 said

Cracking work as usual Dave, glad your still within budget 😳

Budget you say, what the blazes is a budget ?????  ;)

Back to the top

Back to the top

Massbad69 said

:lol:

Cheers Chris, here's hoping  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Do you know the paint code of this colour?

Back to the top

scott123987 said

Do you know the paint code of this colour?

Sorry mate no, other than its an original vw colour called Regatta blue metallic

Back to the top
Just read this whole build… Top work man! My arches had prbably 10% of the rust yours did, and I ended up cutting the whole arch off on both sides!!  After seeing your build I really wish i'd have just repaired the small bits that neded doingnow lol!!  :P

Good luck with the sale.. f you decide to drop it by a grand let me know :D

Wanted: Front Bumper, DESPERATELY NEED A DRIVERS WING!

MY Build Thread

My Facebook Build Page #Project83

Back to the top

Alfie said

Just read this whole build… Top work man! My arches had prbably 10% of the rust yours did, and I ended up cutting the whole arch off on both sides!!  After seeing your build I really wish i'd have just repaired the small bits that neded doingnow lol!!  :P

Good luck with the sale.. f you decide to drop it by a grand let me know :D

Thanks for the build blog comments dude.

I'm not likely to drop my asking price to £3k man, given that inclusive of car purchase price, I've spent in excess of £10k !  :(

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.