Skip navigation

Mars Red Tintop @ VAGE 2017

Back to the top
Dropped my tintop into Laharts VW on friday for the week to help promote our Ireland Tour next weekend. Some pics of it on display.

Looks well mixing with the newer stuff.  :thumbs:

IMG_3797.JPG IMG_3797.JPG IMG_3797.JPG IMG_3797.JPG IMG_3797.JPG

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Looks sweet Hugh. ;)

Back to the top
Your mk1 looks as stunning as ever Hugh, and at home in the showroom just as it would have when new.  I'm sure it will get lots of attention, probably a lot more than its modern counterparts. Centre caps all lined up - nice.

Back to the top
Thanks Mark & Dave.  :thumbs:

Well spotted on the cap centres - my ocd kicking in again.  :$  :$  :$

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
I'm sorry Hugh but i have done a sex wee over alot of pages but mostly 8 and 9……..that delivery of plated parts is just  :wub: :wub:really enjoyed every page of this…..hopefully will get onto mine again soon……its looking sorry for itself at the moment sat in the garage  :( :(awesome build and great attention to detail :thumbs:  20150713_151158.jpg

Back to the top
Thanks buddy for the comments. If I can do it anyone can…look forward to seeing progress on your own and if I can be of any assistance drop me a message. 

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top

Shughy said

Thanks buddy for the comments. If I can do it anyone can…look forward to seeing progress on your own and if I can be of any assistance drop me a message. 

top man Hugh…….needs to be more of this kind of behaviour amongst enthusiasts

:thumbs:   :thumbs:

Back to the top
A few pics from our mk1 weekend activities in Kilkenny.

IMG_3941 (Copy).JPG IMG_3941 (Copy).JPG IMG_3941 (Copy).JPG IMG_3941 (Copy).JPG IMG_3941 (Copy).JPG IMG_3941 (Copy).JPG IMG_3941 (Copy).JPG IMG_3941 (Copy).JPG IMG_3941 (Copy).JPG

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Haven't updated this thread for a while…

Still have the tintop!

Being doing a few bits and still a few more to do.

Sold the BBS RM's as couldn't keep air in them and bought these for a slightly different look. What do you think?

IMG_2503.JPG IMG_2503.JPG

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Oh yeah! You know I have a soft spot for Ronal's Hugh!

Back to the top
Hugh
The Ronals will look great on your car. Keep up with the quality work and Keep those pics coming.
Andy

Back to the top
I love Ronals too ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Ok so another little update on this wee motor - decided to go back to the bbs rm but with a slight twist on the gold centres. They are mint and new centre caps really finish them off.

I also put the arches and side stripes back on, instantly it made such a different to the look and stance of the car - so I guess they were made for it.  :thumbs:

Off to Dubshed in Belfast this weekend - should be good.

Few pics of the car detailed - inside, under the bonnet and outside! IMG_3727.JPG IMG_3731.JPG IMG_3734.JPG IMG_3737.JPG IMG_3742.JPG IMG_3743.JPG IMG_3747.JPG

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Car looked great at the show

Credit to you  :thumbs:

Back to the top

GavFitz said

Thanks Gav -  I was looking out for you - did we chat?

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
So the tintop picked up a top twenty award at Dubshed 2017 - needless to say I am delighted and the response and feedback on the car was great.

Just a few pictures…

IMG_3753.JPG IMG_3755.JPG IMG_3760.JPG IMG_3765.JPG IMG_3770.JPG

Thanks to Adrian & Paul who journeyed North with me for the weekend.  :thumbs:

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top

Shughy said

GavFitz said

Thanks Gav -  I was looking out for you - did we chat?

No I was looking out for you beside you car but didn't see you, no cars in the show myself just popped up in Clio Williams  :ninja: so parked outside !

Back to the top
Lookin stunning as per usual Hugh … unfortunately didn't make Dubshed this year just too much going on .. congrats on the award 🥇 first of many this year I'd say 👌🏻👌🏻
      Take care buddy talk soon …. 

91Jreg Sportline (now gone) For now 88 Ereg Mk2 16v (monza blue ) (now its gone too)Numerous mk1 tintops I  should never have sold 😰  Oh and a TDI  Touran as a daily ….latest toy mk5 Gti (showing my age) had to go serious money pit ,now cruising a Caddy Van

Back to the top

golfman16 said

Lookin stunning as per usual Hugh … unfortunately didn't make Dubshed this year just too much going on .. congrats on the award 🥇 first of many this year I'd say 👌🏻👌🏻
      Take care buddy talk soon …. 

Thanks mate. I was on the look out for you. Will link over the show season no doubt. Mind yourself. 

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
i am so glad you put he arches and stripes back on  :)  :thumbs:  eleventy million times better  :lol:  :lol:
looking awesome sir!! love the seats ;)

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti
1994 golf vr6 - gone but not forgotten
2005 mk5 gti family wagen

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.