Back to the top
Wonderful work Hugh !!

It looks absolutely superb  :wub:

Hopefully I will get a car in that condition 1 day  :lol:

Back to the top
Wow!  :wub:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Top Top work  :thumbs:
cheers
baz

Back to the top
No matter how hard I clean my engine it still does not look like this - excellent work, can't wait to see it in the flesh.

Back to the top
Thanks Guy for the comments - all packed now for Dubshed in the morning. Hopefully not too much rain.  ;)

Amazing what you can get into a tintop boot!  :thumbs:

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Engine bay looks amazing, well done  :thumbs:

Matt

Back to the top
Now I have seen it in the flesh so to speak, looks totally amazing congrats Hugh,hope u had good trip home.

Back to the top

ivortheengine said

Now I have seen it in the flesh so to speak, looks totally amazing congrats Hugh,hope u had good trip home.

X2, definitely was worth the wait, time, effort and patience you put in Hugh.

Back to the top

pazwaa said

Engine bay looks amazing, well done  :thumbs:

Matt

Thanks Matt.  :thumbs:

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top

Oldschoolcool said

ivortheengine said

X2, definitely was worth the wait, time, effort and patience you put in Hugh.

Thanks Chaps - nice comfy spin home on sunday eve - got in after 10. Engine ran sweet with plenty of onlookers and beeps of horns etc. Few pics coming…

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Some of my Dubshed Pictures from the weekend… Did 390 miles on the engine and running sweet.

Got a lot of complimentary feedback on the car, seats and the engine bay…  :thumbs:

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
You must have the patience of a saint to prepare all the wee bits for cleaning and painting. It looks truely fantastic, loving the zinc plating.

About the cover that goes over the steering boot, do you think it would be easy enough to fit that with the engine and everything else in place? It looks like a very worthwhile addition.

Back to the top

Mcdubber1 said

You must have the patience of a saint to prepare all the wee bits for cleaning and painting. It looks truely fantastic, loving the zinc plating.

About the cover that goes over the steering boot, do you think it would be easy enough to fit that with the engine and everything else in place? It looks like a very worthwhile addition.

I don't know if I have the patience of a saint but I don't rush things - slow and steady and all that.  :)

Yes I'd say it would - the heat boot folds out almost flat and is the thickness of about 2mm. I cut the thread or stitching back slightly to get a snug fit on the boot. the two fasteners snap together and it hasn't budged after the 400 mile trip I did between saturday/sunday. I also have a heat shield bolted unto the manifold and its also wrapped and heat painted too.  :thumbs:

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Hugh I've a little challenge for you, a bit like Top Gear and lets face it there's a job up for grabs so you just might be in with a chance! :thumbs:

So here it is, take a long weekend and come over to Vienna, Austria and sort this out!

Untouched since to day it was put together at the factory, well apart from servicing.
All the beer, Schnapps and Schnitzel you can handle.

Can't say fairer than that!  :lol:   :thumbs:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Thanks Mike. I'm checking out flights ask we speak.

Bit of a problem getting the engine crane on as hand luggage at the moment.  :lol:

Nothing wrong with the original look either.  :wub:

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top

Shughy said

Thanks Mike. I'm checking out flights ask we speak.

Bit of a problem getting the engine crane on as hand luggage at the moment.  :lol:

Nothing wrong with the original look either.  :wub:

Yes we Crane!   :lol:

Original is great, that's the way it should be but yours looks a tad better than mine!  :thumbs:  :lol:

I love what you've achieved my friend, it is simply mind blowing I only wish I had all of your skills.  :wub:

In fact I'd live Happly with 25%!  :thumbs:

A flight to Austria still stands anytime your ready for a visit.  :thumbs:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top

Shughy said

Mcdubber1 said

I don't know if I have the patience of a saint but I don't rush things - slow and steady and all that.  :)

Yes I'd say it would - the heat boot folds out almost flat and is the thickness of about 2mm. I cut the thread or stitching back slightly to get a snug fit on the boot. the two fasteners snap together and it hasn't budged after the 400 mile trip I did between saturday/sunday. I also have a heat shield bolted unto the manifold and its also wrapped and heat painted too.  :thumbs:

Thanks for that I think I may just purchase one of those for a bit of extra heat protection. When I was in there doing the rack boots I noticed the boot was split slightly so I might just do the lazy easy fix and wrap one of those boots around it  :lol:

Back to the top
Shugy mate you care is awesome.... I intend to one day own a beauty like this one...

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

allana13 said

Shugy mate you care is awesome…. I intend to one day own a beauty like this one…

Thanks allanna.  :)

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Looks really good mate :)

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.