Skip navigation

Mars red Series 1 Mk1 golf Driver G60

Back to the top

golf1980's 1980 golf driver G60

Saw this at the AGM - very nice, and those newly polished wheels look great.

Back to the top
new wheels will look sweet rich

83 MK1 GTI G60 85 MK2 GTI 20VT 2004 SEAT ALTEA 2.0 TDI SPORT

Back to the top
Sorry if you've already mentioned this but could you tell me what gearbox/ driveshaft/shifter/ clutch combination you've used.
I've currently got a 4T road change box but seriously considering going cable change

Back to the top
This looks awesome, will look sweet on those wheels!  :wub:

Back to the top

golf1980 said

Spilz said

Looking good dude!
thanks mate. you going to edition38?

Just noticed this mate, Nah I'm going to VW Action, can't beat a weekend at Santa Pod!

Back to the top
Love this car :thumbs:

Back to the top
i had such a buzz seeing this car at e38 in person... real credit to you Rich

Back to the top
Saw this at edition! Awesome looking car and soo good to see it in the flesh after reading all this about it! 
Cracking job!!

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Nice work on the badge  :cool:

thanks :) i've been meaning to do it for ages but just never got round to it until now

watson said

Saw this at the AGM - very nice, and those newly polished wheels look great.

paul_h said

new wheels will look sweet rich

Ronnie85 said

This looks awesome, will look sweet on those wheels!  :wub:

redpetemk1 said

Love this car :thumbs:

16vseries1 said

i had such a buzz seeing this car at e38 in person… real credit to you Rich

DEWYGTi said

Saw this at edition! Awesome looking car and soo good to see it in the flesh after reading all this about it! 
Cracking job!!

thanks guys :) honestly means a lot. i hope the new wheels look as good as i imagine they will!

MR_LONG said

Sorry if you've already mentioned this but could you tell me what gearbox/ driveshaft/shifter/ clutch combination you've used.
I've currently got a 4T road change box but seriously considering going cable change

im not too sure to be honest. o2a gearbox rebuild with quaiffe lsd. that much i'm certain about.
100mm driveshafts. hydrolyc clutch. standard corrado shifter tower. i did have a cable shift conversion from a 16v ibiza but didnt use it in the end. sorry if that is not much help! :(

Back to the top
Can't believe I missed you at E38 lol, but worse, I can't believe this time last year I promised myself i'd be driving up with you to E38 this time! How wrong could I have been lol…

Next year….  :lol:

Wanted: Front Bumper, DESPERATELY NEED A DRIVERS WING!

MY Build Thread

My Facebook Build Page #Project83

Back to the top
Sorry I missed you too Alfie. I was probably sleeping outside my tent. The nights were long and by Sunday I was too sleepy. My phone battery was dead by the Sunday too. Don't worry about your car. It is better to take time and do it right. We'll drive to a show together one day. me, you and tristan in a nice convoy :D can't wait! no rush though

Back to the top
Like this look alot. Very nice.

Mk1 Lahsa green, BBS RM, Mk1 Silver Campaign, Mk5 GT TDi, Audi A4 Avant S Line

Back to the top

golf1980 said

no rush though

Don't say that lol, I'll never it done with that attitude :lol:

Wanted: Front Bumper, DESPERATELY NEED A DRIVERS WING!

MY Build Thread

My Facebook Build Page #Project83

Back to the top
Finnaly managed to go through most of your Thread, AWESOME read, really like the attention to detail and the various sets of wheels  :cool:

Back to the top

barney1102 said

Finnaly managed to go through most of your Thread, AWESOME read, really like the attention to detail and the various sets of wheels  :cool:

thanks mate :) it is a bit of a mission to get through Lol.
it is best to just look at the pictures i recon  :thumbs:  :lol:

well i havent driven the car since edition38. i think the timing is out :( it has been driving funny. either that or the woodruff key is damaged on the crank. i hope not. i havent driven it and when i did i didnt give it any beans. it will be getting trailered off to get inspected and have some engine work done.
i have spent some money on engine parts. now i am poor. when it is done, it will have been re mapped and should go very well! i can not wait. i'll post up some pics of the bits when they arrive! i am very excited!!  :ocf_emoticons__clap:   :ocf_emoticons__eusa_dance:  :ocf_emoticons__clap:

Back to the top

mk1turbo said

Like this look alot. Very nice.

thanks buddy  :wub:  

Back to the top

Back to the top
here is a pic of me arriving at edition38 in 2007

and here is the same car at edition38 2013

It is crazy to see how much it has changed. I can't believe it is the same car. It basically isn't though! Lol. Looking back at how it was brings back good memories. It has been such an awesome car over the years. I can't wait to get it mapped!

sorry for posting loads of pics. i am a sad git and i have litterally hundreds of them.

Last edit: by golf1980

Back to the top
Don't be sorry mate, it's an awesome car. Hats off to you :)

Back to the top
Looks great!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.