Skip navigation

Jamie's MK1 Gti Tintop Project ...Miami Blue :D

Back to the top

2.0 16v to go in

Amazing looking car Jamie, how my car looks in my dreams  :thumbs:

Possibly a daft question, but what does the oil catch tank do?

Matt

Back to the top

pazwaa said

Amazing looking car Jamie, how my car looks in my dreams  :thumbs:

Possibly a daft question, but what does the oil catch tank do?

Matt

:D thanks ….on the 9a/kr  block there is a crankcase breather on the front big 32mm thing …Its supposed to run into the airbox  I didn't have the pipe and its hard to find so fitted breather filter on it oil soon started coming out though …so fitted a catch tank to catch the oil coming out seems to be doing okay so far :)

Jamie

Back to the top

figti said

Very Nice Golf… Enginebay Pics availeble? Cheers Kevin

Posted at work…

Sorry about that guys I deleted some out of my photobucket as I was running out of room didn't realise some where on here will have to post some more.

Back to the top
What specs are your wheels and tyres please? Sits really nice

Back to the top
Hi Chris …wheels are rare Adula mesh im not sure on the Et but they are 15x7"  5x100 so have 15mm adapters ..tyres are 165/50/15 ..It doesn't scrape atall even on full lock I do have about 3deg of camber on the back though …Hope this helps :)

Thanks

Back to the top
Hello guys thought id update you all … been busy with work. I haven't done much to the golf but that's about to change is she will be going away in the garage for winter soon , need to replace the camshaft oil seal first …plan to get the suspension sorted aswell as the cheap coilovers on it are spoiling driving it …going to get some top mount risers and some better coilovers . any recommendations ? was looking at Gaz adjustable damping ones :DIn the mean time I have been busy most of the year working on a old Renault Estafette that I turned into a wedding ice cream van for Treats on a tricycle. It was very rusty had to do lots of welding.  Bodywork had so many dents it was unreal been a real challenge but im very happy with the end result making me think about doing classic car resto work more really enjoy it starting to get good at the paint work too now  .

.Let me know if anyone needs any paint work doing :)Few pics of the renault estafette

Couple of the golf at the Oh so retro show this year

Lastly thought id share a wintery picture I took of the golf recently

I Really did want to get the mk1 golf annual meet this year but I was on holiday at the time next year I shall :)Hope you all have a good Christmas

Thanks Jamie

Last edit: by mk1 Jamie

Back to the top
Nice work matey.

Just read from start to finish. Excellent work!

Can I book mine in for a re-spray with you please  :lol:

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top

borednow said

Nice work matey.

Just read from start to finish. Excellent work!

Can I book mine in for a re-spray with you please  :lol:

Thanks mate appreciate it, loved doing it really makes me want to do another looking back through pics maybe something air cooled …one day :)

Yeah sure let me know when your ready and we will sort something out

Thanks Jamie

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.