Skip navigation

Driver, to 16 valver, 2017 rebuild!

Back to the top
Ouch - Nightmare!

Did you cry? I think I would have!

Glad to see you are in good spirits though, straight on the case to get it repaired!

Back to the top

mark83 said

:oops:  :tlc: at least you hadn't fitted the grill trims.

can't wait to see the england flag bonnet fitted  :wink:

Yeah did'nt what to mangle the trims, the bonnets cool, got some ideas for temp paint job :wink:

AL_Mk1 said

Ouch - Nightmare!

Did you cry? I think I would have!

Glad to see you are in good spirits though, straight on the case to get it repaired!

Nearly lol!

Yeah strange i'm actually locking forward to fixing it up/working on it again 8O  :D  it's a bummer but it's done now, so just get fixing it like, i'll get some pics up soon.

Cheers

Pete.

Back to the top
here was my bad boy when the bonnet was on :P

gotta love the rat look :)

booze and boredom, the greatest mix :)

Back to the top
red pete, i live 2 mins from volksmania, so let me know if there any bits you want me to see if they have got / take off for ya.

best of luck getting the car back on the road, and feel free to come along to next bristol meet, seems to be quite a few of us in bristol and surrounding area now :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Is this engine still for sale? Is the head a gf head? (Combustion chambers in the bottom of the head) cheers. Please phone. Pretty urgent. 07808741364. Thanks

Back to the top
pete you know my mate!

just saw your mk1 smashed up on his facebook :P

small world :lol:

Back to the top
Hows it going ?? Any more pics of the damage ??  :(

Real golfers don't play with clubs

Back to the top

richyhill said

red pete, i live 2 mins from volksmania, so let me know if there any bits you want me to see if they have got / take off for ya.

best of luck getting the car back on the road, and feel free to come along to next bristol meet, seems to be quite a few of us in bristol and surrounding area now :-)

Cheers richyhall, i'm sorting some wings, and lights, and a new front panel at the mo, and yeah spoke to mixerman about a Bristol meet, maybe even come down in a dented old mk1 lol!

Matt_golf1272 said

Is this engine still for sale? Is the head a gf head? (Combustion chambers in the bottom of the head) cheers. Please phone. Pretty urgent. 07808741364. Thanks

Pm'd you boss.

mixerman said

pete you know my mate!

Whos that?!

Nothing escapes face book!

Gold-mk1 said

Hows it going ?? Any more pics of the damage ??  :(

Need to get the mk2 out the garage and get the mk1 in, then I will update with some progress.

I've just insured my mk2 golf c for daily duites and have mot booked this friday, as I have no car :lol:  Tho the auto choke maybe
Toast? Got it lowered on ebay special coilles and the pls that where on the mk1, see below pic, btw thats not me posing, but mixerman may reconise him as the bonnet collector lol!

Cheers again,

Pete.

Back to the top

redpetemk1 said

mixerman said

pete you know my mate!

Whos that?!

Nothing escapes face book!

tom skuse mate :) i ride with him… well.. he rides with a old best mate and i ride in the same park lol. hes slowly getting to know me :P

Back to the top
I know Skuse….he's down stairs in the workshop lol!

Small world for sure!

Back to the top
haha sound :P i just looked round your build thread and saw a sneaky bmx in a few pics.. i take it ur a rider too then :P

Back to the top
Yeah, tho not a lot this year really, have been for ages but not that good really lol!

Back to the top
lol nor me!

i did when i was a kid. i was riding when i was in school but i gave up for nearly 4 years. just got back onto it all but im crap again… and now i got a tendon problem in my fingers so riding really hurts!

you should get down warmley one day with skuse and stuff :) problem is.. when hes riding i just wanna sit and watch :P

Back to the top
Cheers my mate. Once again. Nice car.

Back to the top
Right, some more progress on fixing the modified front end :roll:  :lol:  It's been pretty cold lately but i've got the old wood burner pumping out so it's pretty warm in the garage.

Cut out the mangled slam panel top part, and start to inspected how much stuff i've bent/runied! Luckly under the bonnet is ok apart from the rad.

Turns out both inner wings were bent inwards by about a inch, so with hammers, bits of wood and steel as "dolleys", and G clamps, I managed to get it pretty straight again. Also used some G clamps to pull the front panel back into shape ready for some filler.

Drilled out the spot welds on the new front panel and removed the slam panel bit, and offered it up. Then followed lots of clamping bits up, lining the lights and grill up, and pulling the inner wings back where they should be.

Then I got a pattern wing, (I know I should use a geniue wing, but it was quicker to get hold of), and welded up the trim holes and bare metal'd the inside and zinc etched primed it. It took a few hours to fit, as usual….but in the end it fitted quite well.

I then got mixerman's donated bonnet, (thanks agian :D ) and welded in the washer jet hole from the old one, it seemed to have a mk2 one, possibly a cab one?

Also the inner part of the bonnet around the rubber adjuster bung on one side was a bit rotten, so I used the old bonnet again for that.

New wing test fitted, colour match is good to.

Mocked up the front end with grill and lights etc, and its nearly there.

Need to get it all in position and check everything lines up/fits, and then I can whip it apart, and weld the slam panel in, and seam seal, underseal etc.

I really miss driving it too, love the 16v :D

Cheers for looking.

Pete.

Back to the top
looking good  8)

Back to the top
gonna be perfect again :wink:
keep going on…

82 Golf 1.8 20VT
My Project

Back to the top
I've just read your whole thread through and was GUTTED to see you had a prang dude  :( . Seeing all the work you've put in to her i don't doubt for a second that you'll do a great job fixing her up again. Good luck with everything and i'll hopefully see you and her at some shows in the future  :D

Dave

1983 Golf 1.3 driver

Back to the top

Back to the top
Thanks people :D

Going to start to tack the slam panel in, and check gaps, alignment etc.

Oh and the tax ran out this month, that did'nt last long lol!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.