Cabby Gti

Back to the top
Thanks mate.

IMG_0833.jpeg

IMG_0835.jpeg

IMG_0836.jpeg

IMG_0834.jpeg

Back to the top
Thanks mate got doors painted happy enough with the finish . I have to repaint p.s quarter panel it has a run and too much orange peel. Overall I'm happy with the finish. Not much left to paint putting it back together without damaging the finish should be interesting 

Back to the top
Yes that's the stressful bit of a build, watching everything you do near the paintwork..

Keep the updates coming  :thumbs:

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
Thanks mate 👍🏻I got rid of the run and repainted the 1/4 panel came up really well .this time no runs and no orange peel . Figured out I was holding the gun too far away from the panel hence orange peel . Mixed up too much paint so luckily I had prepped and primed the bumpers earlier so I managed to paint the front bumper with the excess paint . Hoping to get everything painted this week

IMG_0858.jpeg

IMG_0857.jpeg

Back to the top
IMG_0861.jpeg

Back to the top
Used up last of the paint I had mixed and painted the bumper will have to give it another coat though 

Back to the top
IMG_0878.jpeg

IMG_0877.jpeg

Back to the top
Doors fitted not easy to do by yourself  especially with fresh paint . I didn't damage them so happy enough. I  fitted the wings  loosely need to fit bonnet at the weekend. Toppiup fluid for roof so that works now. Radiator is leaking at the bracket that bolts to the front panel 🤷🏿‍♂️Struggling to get first gear . Linkage I reckon. Brakes are dreadful fitted bigger servo and new master cylinder while back along with g60 brakes Goodrich hoses. Have bled them twice🤷🏿‍♂️Might have wire brush discs . 

Back to the top
Howdy folks, I'm reassembling the cabby I seem to be missing some grommets or something from the grill area ?does anybody know what missing?  IMG_0908.jpeg

Back to the top
IMG_0912.jpeg Top right hand side and bottom it holds the light surround in IMG_0913.jpeg

Back to the top
Could somebody tell me where this strap goes? It has Velcro on it . Thanks  IMG_0909.jpeg

Back to the top
It's on the tonneau cover 

Back to the top
On grill is little plastic caps.. I did have some made a few years Go , will look see if there's 2 left.  They cover the screws. . The straps off tonneau stick to below parcel shelf when fitted.  Or if like me can get then to stick due to old velcro repayment/ shelf then just put a loop of bungee through both and secure . Keeps it nice and tight.. stops any risk of tonneau catching wind.

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting

Back to the top
Some pictures for you, (For some reason I could not write anything on tapatalk. )

Back to the top
Thanks folks you're very good. I think I have couple of those plastic things myself I just wasn't sure what fitted in the holes. Thanks again guys for your help 👍🏻

Back to the top
More painting today and yesterday. I painted the front wheel arch kit , the mirrors , number plate plinth the front bumper got a final coat I also painted the rear bumper which I primed yesterday. I had to repaint the boot lid as I missed a bit on top edge plus. I scratched it.

IMG_0950.jpeg

IMG_0947.jpeg

IMG_0944.jpeg

Back to the top
More pics.

IMG_0949.jpeg

IMG_0945.jpeg

IMG_0946.jpeg

Back to the top
IMG_0943.jpeg

IMG_0951.jpeg

Back to the top
Fitted  boot lid and  rear bumper this evening . There's a black plastic plinth on this boot lid . Original boot lid was shot. . Is this an aftermarket piece ?  IMG_0967.jpeg

IMG_0966.jpeg
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.