Good it's being painted though  :cool:

Back to the top
Nice  :thumbs:

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top

Brad. said

Thought you wanted this beam on your way down here  :lol:

Good it's being painted though  :cool:
 Forgot all about it tbh mate O_o I'll grab it next time if that's ok?

Back to the top
No problem matey, it's not in any way  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Hi all,

Small update on bits and bobs I've been buying lately in readiness of the car coming home sometime soon(hopefully).

I have decided to go for an enclosed air filter as I've heard some good things about them, I also like the look in the bay! This is the biggest version CDA do, 80mm in/outlet. Also got a 1M length of duct.

Bought some braided fuel line, I was advised to buy the teflon PTFE type, I did have an issue where it attaches to the fuel rail, as you can't use jubilees on the teflon pipe. I managed to get round this with some 'weld on' AN-6 fittings which I tig welded to the ends of the fuel rail, I'm not much of a tig welder(especially on small stuff like this) so we'll see if it holds out.

Also got myself a VR6 3" maf housing and fitted the AGU sensor.

I also bought a Bosch 044 fuel pump as an option. I know the k-jet pump is sufficient but I like options lol

That's it for now peeps, I'll hopefully hear some news from the painters this week.

Back to the top
Posh so and so using AN  :lol: 

I use any excuse to get tig out haha, saves getting burnt to crisp  :ninja:

Back to the top

Brad. said

Posh so and so using AN  :lol: 

I use any excuse to get tig out haha, saves getting burnt to crisp  :ninja:

Might as well go the whole hog mate, push the boat out!! :lol:

Not done much tig tbh mate, never really needed to.  I'm buying an AC/DC set some time soon though so I can start making my own parts.

Back to the top
Coming along nicely Andy :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Bling-bling  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
fancy tigging up my fitting on my fuel rail?

Old dubs never die, they just get lower

Back to the top
nice options andy  :lol:

Back to the top

dik-van-dub said

fancy tigging up my fitting on my fuel rail?

TBH mate, I would wait and see if mine holds out, like I said I haven't done much tig. It does look like its got a good hold but haven't pressure tested it yet.  O_o

Neil20vt said

:thumbs:
nice options andy  :lol:

:thumbs:   :lol:

Back to the top
It looks great sure it'll hold  :thumbs:

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
Another small update peeps :cool:

I had to go to Birmingham for work this morning so called in to the painters on the way back. My car was in the paint booth being prepped for some OEM stonechip before he paints it Mars Red. I'm well pleased with the work he's done so far, I know it's taken forever but it'll be worth it.

He reckons he'll have the car finished in a couple of weeks :party:  :party:

Here's a few pics, these are all I got, hopefully he'll send some more when it's finished

Jon the painter got my ecu stage 2 remapped and immob removed so picked that up today as well. I managed to bag some 360cc Red Top injectors for the K04 set up as well…

I have now ordered the Wavetrac Diff which is on it's way as we speak and will have that fitted hopefully before the car comes home. The ring gear bolts and install kit came in the meantime..

Here's a bit info on the wavetrac diff, I can't get my head around what it's all about, all I know is that it was recommended to me by someone who knows his shizzle on the subject and he reckons it's the best one out there. I did a bit of digging to find the best price for these, so if anyone is interested let me know.

http://www.wavetrac.net/

Andy.

Back to the top
Nice one Andy, you must be well pleased with that so far - and 2 weeks - that would be awesome!!  :cool:

This may sound a daft statement but his spray booth looks really tidy (many don't!) which is a good thing.

Top marks I reckon  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
I'm well chuffed mate. Yeah it's pretty clean in there tbh. He lines it with whatever that cloth is, and replaces its it every job. I know he does a lot of high end cars as well, so likes to keep it nice. There was a lovely 911 in there today, I was 'well jel' lol.

Back to the top
Great news Andy, she'll be home soon then the exciting re-build can begin  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Too right Matt, can't wait bud😁

Back to the top
Don't forget to let me know  :) beam awaiting

Back to the top
I'll let you know Brad.  I would have arranged for Saturday but I didn't know I'd be passing till the night before, then I was up at 4am and away to Brummyland.

I should be down in the next couple of weeks :thumbs:
There are too many online users to list.