Skip navigation

83 Gti set to get full resto

Back to the top

My 83 Gti set to get full restoration

Oh the fuel filler neck brings back fond memories!  :o  :lol:  Good idea with the ring and well done for minimal distortion  :thumbs:

I love that copper trick, if there's ever a prize for toppest top tip then it goes to Graham Yomp no question! I know I'll be using it many times

Look forward to seeing the door skin done. Top work - you just have to get a move along now  :lol:  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Cheers, yeah me too mate lol :lol:

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Oh the fuel filler neck brings back fond memories!  :o  :lol:  Good idea with the ring and well done for minimal distortion  :thumbs:

I love that copper trick, if there's ever a prize for toppest top tip then it goes to Graham Yomp no question! I know I'll be using it many times

Look forward to seeing the door skin done. Top work - you just have to get a move along now  :lol:  :thumbs:

I know mate, the pressure is on lol :lol:

Back to the top
Everything is looking superb mate.

Glad you got a paint shop sorted out.

Not long now then till the initial test drive  :ocf_emoticons__lmao:

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
Cheers, Ian. Test drive is still a little bit away lol. You know how it goes mate :)

Back to the top
Update time and it's a good one! Tomorrow morning the car goes off to the paint shop, I've been waiting sooo long for this time to come it's unreal! :party:

Got a 2.5 hour drive to Sheffield in the morning to drop her off, seems quite a distance for a paint shop but I can't find anyone decent local.

Been fixing the n/s door this week as the outer skin was knackered from previous repairs etc

Frame cleaned up and prepped

Skin on

Not sure if the door has moved with the welds but it seems a bit tight at the top.

Rolled her outside for the first time in a year :)

Been putting her back together tonight ready for transit, she's looking a bit more like a car again!

That's it for now peeps, I'll get some more pics in the morning when she' s on the truck  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Nice update mate, good luck with the paint job hope everything turns out just how u hope :)

Click on the link below to see my mk1 16v project

http://vwgolfmk1.org.u…-16v-project#post_1081899

Back to the top
Pretty exciting news Andy! Will be good to see her painted :thumbs: . Has the body shop given you an indication on how long it will take?

Back to the top
Cheers lads :thumbs:  I think he's going to have the car about a month or so, Jimi.

The guy who is painting it owns the car below, he knows his stuff!

Back to the top
Definitely is safe hands then  :thumbs:  saw that car in performance vw mag, it's a stunner  :cool:  :wub:  :cool:

Back to the top
Yeah seen that car at edition last year and ultimate dubz last week, also spoke to the bloke on edition 38 forum sounds like a top bloke def knows his s**t his build thread is unreal!!

Click on the link below to see my mk1 16v project

http://vwgolfmk1.org.u…-16v-project#post_1081899

Back to the top
Look at you Andy, a once rusty shell now has doors and bonnet and wheels!! And getting painted by a vw legend  :thumbs:

So pleased for you, can't wait to see it in colour.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Thanks Matt.  :thumbs:

It feels great to have the car in the paint shop at last, I followed her down this morning.  Jon is going to have the car for approx 6 weeks which will give me time to refurbish a few parts.

Had a good look over his mk1 as well  :wub:
 :wub:  what a corker, I've definitely chosen the right place to get it painted.

Here's a few pics from today :)

On her way

Here's a pic of 'The Beast' and Jon went and parked his mk1 next to it :lol:

Jon is going to send me pics as he goes, happy days.

Back to the top
I told you to use Jon eh  :cool: glad your happy with the choice I might pop up and have a nosey around at your golf  :lol:

Back to the top
Yeah, cheers for the heads up Brad! Jon seems a sound bloke and knows his stuff. I just love his car.  :wub:

Back to the top
He is sound man, except when he bugs me of mines done yet  :(

Haha, you may have seen or just missed matts lovely swallowtail today

Back to the top
Seen it mate, Miami blue one yeah? was a beauty! :wub:

Back to the top
Yeah that one. Was my good friends til last year  :wub:

Back to the top
Not a bad advert for his company, have that mk1 parked outside  :lol:

Back to the top

pazwaa said

Not a bad advert for his company, have that mk1 parked outside  :lol:

Definitely Matt, the people that did drive past yesterday were breaking their neck to have a look at it!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.