Skip navigation

VW ACTION, SANTA POD 29th - 31st Aug 2008

Back to the top

VW ACTION, SANTA POD 29th - 31st Aug 2008

We'll bring our banner

Back to the top

debs said

We'll bring our banner

excellent, I've got my berkshire one too..

the more the merrier

Back to the top
Steve, OK will bring gazebo and flag. Kim has the banner from the Leeds show, so any extras will be great.

Not planning on bringing the horsebox unless the weather turns. Will be cruising up in my Bug and GTi.

Banner

Back to the top

dubboy said

Steve, OK will bring gazebo and flag. Kim has the banner from the Leeds show, so any extras will be great.

Not planning on bringing the horsebox unless the weather turns. Will be cruising up in my Bug and GTi.

Sounds good mate, looking forward to seeing this bug..

Back to the top
sorry peeps probably a bit late notice but i'm not gonna make it to action. All my mates are going to E38 so i'm going there instead. Have a good one anyway. :D

Back to the top
i didnt make it, got to m6 about 15 mins from home, and heard a clunk clunk noise then bang and loads of smoke, bottom end gone

berts a legand he told me at the last midlands meet that the engine sounds like the bottom end is about to go.

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
Gutted for you Ans :cry:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Gutted for you Ans :cry:

:cry:  :cry:  :cry: really sad i didnt make the last major show of the season,

tell you what though gives me a good excuse to do a engine conversion.
 :mrgreen:

hhhmmm 16v or G60

:dontknow:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
cheers for a blinder of a weekend guys got home at 4pm  :lol:  :lol:  only took 2 hours 15 minutes so well happy

had a great time saturday night what a buzz :wink:  :lol:

Back to the top
Yay! Good to hear you made it back fine and I had a not-too-bad journey too, leaving at around 3:30pm, the worst traffic was leaving site and then a steady journey home, in the damp/spray/rain etc. Wot a miserable Sunday so lets focus on Saturday!!!!

The weather on Saturday was great, mostly hot and the sun beating down on us, really summery. Unfortunately there were a higher than average proportion of track downtimes (for strange reasons….) which meant there wasn't that much strip action, so Ben and I were only partly able to assess what we were up to in the evening VW drag demo show.

Many thanks to Brian Burrows for allowing us to run on Saturday night, it was great to be able to be part of this and also flying the flag for Mk1 Golfs. We didn't disappoint, my best time was 14.39 and Ben's best was 14.4x so we were well in the 'pack average' and certainly not last as we feared! Remember these are some of the best of european VW drag racers, with many Belgians and other nationalities too.

I ought to mention (because I'm sure ben will) that he won our only head-to-head, with a really good run, and I had a little difficutly and missed a gearchange (oops!) what's also gutting is that looking at the times up to that point 1) I would have beaten Ben and 2) possibly I'd have set a new PB too. Oh well….

Then we hit the funfair including the dodgems. These were really busy so we only had one go on them but maximised our time to blatantly ignore the rules and there were plenty of head-on bumps and a little bit of T-boning too (or was that just me???) Then Jay and Warren went on the most hugest tallest ride I've ever seen, I was scared looking at it and I've still no idea how they had the bottle to do it - scary ride!!!

We also hit the disco and admired the dub chicks who'd made an effort with the 'pyjama party' theme, lots of them using the analogy of "less is more". I didn't dribble too much, though.

So, what a great show - not quite the attendance and craziness of last year, but not far off. Definitely recommended! All I need to do now is unpack everything….

Back to the top
alright guys! i got home fine - surprising really compared to the last time i tried to drive home from the pod! those webers drank a substantial amout of juice tho i dont think warrens cruising speed helped matters!! i didnt even get a chance to hammer it up the strip either due to the non stop drizzle all day! ah well always next time! good to meet some new friends and thanks to lawsy and wendy for letting me have a few of their cans and burgers i owe you for next meet guys! also good to meet toyotec who put silly forced induction ideas in my head that ive been pondering about on the journey home hehe you get bored with no radio and twin carbs barking down your ears for 3 hours!
ps paul stop lying about that missed gearchange! lol only jessin! both your cars were looking ace up the strip and you did us proud against all those mental aircooled motors. good for both cars to get home in one piece too with gearboxes intact!
this shows gonna be a definate for next year possibly my favourite of this year

Back to the top
glad you had a good time dave

i was also driving home thinking of things toyotec had said about bigger turbos and longer gears hmm

the guy knows his stuff unlike some of these keyboard mechanics  :lol:

i would have put faster times down but when you race a bug then a camper that flys of the line and i mean fly  :lol: its kinda off putting my run against paul was pay back for last year when my door popped open :mrgreen:

next year will see the unvailing of a maybe a new toy or a more modified cabby watch this space :lol:

Back to the top
Evening All

Thanks for a good weekend, even though i am now officially shattered……

So will upload pics tomorrow.

Off to bed now. :shhh:

Back to the top
Got back earlier on, depends which way you look at it, but lady luck shined on me on the way home, as I pulled on the drive at home with a flat tyre. Well I thought it was lucky, as it meant I could change the tyre in the garage rather than in the rain  :mrgreen:

Good drive home Dave, just thought we'd do a check on how well yours is running  :wink: was looking forward to seeing you get down the strip today, ah well, how long till GTI Spring Fest?

Congratulations to Scot and Amy who won today in the show n shine  :cheer: , was really nice to meet the two of you :angel:

Here's my photos of Edition 38 and VW Action, though VW Action photos are nearly all campers, as the wife wants to see more of them  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

bens cab

Back to the top

ben cab

Still no Paul-c  :lol:

Back to the top

found him

found him . pushin his car lmao

Back to the top
I'm sorry I missed this weekend after putting my name down for the stand. I spent 3 weeks getting my car ready and the head has gone again on friday. I didn't have any means of letting people know.

I still need to christen my new camping gear so I will be keeping my eye out for the next show.

Once again sorry.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Here's a couple of pics I found, after browsing the internet for a bit:

Back to the top
that pic of us on the strip in excellent :lol:  :lol:

There are too many online users to list.