Skip navigation

16v engine in a MK1 by paul-c

Back to the top

Re: 2.0 16v turbo

16v engine in a MK1 by paul-c

turbonitis said

it looks great, well done. I am also doing the same but don't know which way to go. don't want to make a wrong choice. if you know so much is there chance i can call you and have a chat? send me a text on 07772255014 and i will call you back, the best time is about 6.30pm i would be very grateful if you can help as i don't know to much about doing my conversion being waiting to long (2 years) with shell fully resprayed, had a 16v empty engine bay HELP

Just post a question if you're unsure of something, loads of people have done the 16V conversion so they'd be able to help you out. Which bit are you stuck on?

Back to the top
i know youve covered the topic but i just cant digest what water pump and alternator you used in the end  :dontknow:  i was think of swapping the water pump off the mk1 !!! also i wanted to use the oil cooler off the mk1 !! how did you go about this ??? did you blank off hoses ???
  cheers

Back to the top
We put 9A enigine in mk1 golf with my colleauge, but we have problems with fuel pressure. Fuel system from passat have a two pumps - one in the thank. But pump from passat is to big to put them into the thank from mk1. So we use fuel pump from mk1 GTI, but fuel pressure is to low.
paul_c which kind of fuel pump do you use?

Back to the top

Need a part help

Hi can anyone help me im trying to find a alternator mouting braket for my mk1 convertion to mk2 16v golf?

Thanks
James

Back to the top

lipek81 said

We put 9A enigine in mk1 golf with my colleauge, but we have problems with fuel pressure. Fuel system from passat have a two pumps - one in the thank. But pump from passat is to big to put them into the thank from mk1. So we use fuel pump from mk1 GTI, but fuel pressure is to low.
paul_c which kind of fuel pump do you use?

You're using Mk1 GTI pump?  Should be fine.  Are you using Mk1 GTI tank and Accumulator as well?

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
hi paul im stuck on the double pulley configuation
which 1 am i removing this one

Back to the top
no, the other one

Back to the top
so just unbolt it from engine and buy new belt

Back to the top
I'm sure its detailed……you unbolt and remove the power steering pump and brackets, use a different water pump pulley and only fit the belt for water pump - alternator - crank. HTH

Back to the top
ok cheers

Back to the top
Got a few question hope u can help  i took my power steering pump of my abf engine, is nesseary to take the pullys of the crank and then change water pump pully 4 a single pully? What if left on can they cause damage. Also when it comes to bending fuel lines where the best place to grab them to bend the lines, could i just cut them of at the drivers side and join rubber lines cheers

Back to the top
Very nice!

1979 S1 MK1 Golf L FOR SALE! http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=101471
1970 VW Beetle 1600 Twin 34 ICT\'s - Betty
1973 Marathon Beetle - The Moll\'s

Back to the top
hi paul, just read this thread for the 10 time and was just wondering what the final bhp was ?? just doing this conversion myself after my first attemp at wiring my kr ended in an engine fire on its maiden voyage lol just brought a 9a so off i go again :)

cheers

Matt

Back to the top
Quick question for ABF people, what hose are you using on the metal pipe cooling pipe on the side of the engine to the heater rad valve?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.