Skip navigation

aparently this is a campaign

Back to the top

aparently this is a campaign

mk1john said

good point arron, i'd like to know how it works.

presumably someone can just create a new account.

if the IP address was blocked someone could just use another computer.

I agree, good point and have often thought it…

IP address cant be blocked as a lot of people use different IP addresses, take you, you log on at work at home etc..

So somehow must be able to just create another log in…

Paul, how do you police that then???

Back to the top
Hasn't been a reply on the matter yet!

If I get banned i'm gonna becomeeeee

MAX POWER!

orr

Mk1_ArronII

'83 1.5 Gx (picture coming soon)

Back to the top
thanks for that i shall get those names under different email addresses now. :lol:

have you seen my thread regarding the 1.5 auto for ?395 arron.
down in nottingham but a damn good price.

Back to the top
Yep I looked mate, It does look good but it's just not what im after.

I wouldnt like a 5 door and i'm not at all keen on the auto box, with only being 18 I guess you could say i'm still learning to drive, and think it would be beneficial to stick with manual gear changes.

Thanks mate

Back to the top
Sure, if you're banned its possible to reregister but you'd need another email address. So you'd need to go through the hassle of setting up another "disposable" address. Even if you're on DHCP we can know who you are from looking at the IP address range and IP addresses you've used in the past. But no system is perfect and its circumventable.

The problem comes when you start posting anything more than vague or trivial details about yourself and your car, for example location, pictures of car, contact details if you're buying/selling parts, links to eBay adverts, etc etc so a 'banned' member trying to get round the system will only really get a small proportion of the benefits and value in participating in the club. And of course, if you were a to join as a member, we'd see the full name and address on the Paypal transaction.

Also writing style would somewhat give things away. So there's a number of methods of finding people who try to circumvent the rules and there's no set techniques, there's a number of others I haven't mentioned too.

If someone managed to circumvent the ban, came on as a different name, with a different email address, differnet location, different car, wrote in a different style and stuck by the rules, as far as I'm concerned they're a different person.

Back to the top
:lol: well to be honest, if the bans are for only a couple of months then it's better just to do the time isn' it lol

But if it was a full time ban, it would be worth setting up a new account, only takes 2minutes.

Anyway. Thanks Paul..

An hopefully i'll never get a permanent ban

Back to the top
just got back from volkspares and thier systems lists my car as an import

Back to the top
so its a campaign in all but a digit then, as i said before, my mate had a copper braun mettalic import and that was A reg and had every single campaign extra

wooders does yours have little black plastic strips with 2 screws holding them to the metal just below the rear side windows just above the 1/4 panels to hold the seat belts out the way when the seats folded down? as that is what most imports seem to have on them

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top

Topoftherange said

so its a campaign in all but a digit then, as i said before, my mate had a copper braun mettalic import and that was A reg and had every single campaign extra

wooders does yours have little black plastic strips with 2 screws holding them to the metal just below the rear side windows just above the 1/4 panels to hold the seat belts out the way when the seats folded down? as that is what most imports seem to have on them

not to be too specific eh?

Back to the top
yes

Back to the top
Campaigns are UK-only option, so imports cannot be Campaigns (officially). However, the Pirelli edition, which was sold on the continent, is very similar. So similar that the original Campaign register allowed them onto their list.

Back to the top

paul_c said

So similar that the original Campaign register allowed them onto their list.
is that past tense?

Back to the top

wooders said

paul_c said

So similar that the original Campaign register allowed them onto their list.
is that past tense?

Yes, because the Campaign register merged into the Mk1 Golf owners club, and around a year ago the definition was clarified, due to more information coming to light. The original campaign register still exists, as a subset of the car register here. Its data comes from self-declaration of whether your car is a Campaign or not (eg by filling in the "Special" field in the database).

Back to the top

wooders said

Isn't that what I said ages ago :roll: lol

Back to the top

Skipback said

Topoftherange said

not to be too specific eh?

:dontknow: Nothing wrong with having knowledge about something is there? unless you know different :dontknow:

Pirelli editions had colour coded arches and bumpers though, lets not forget "campaign" only refered to the sales drive to get rid of the last mk1`s by adding ALL the optional extras as standard, although the German spec cars came with green glass and all those bits anyway.
dunno what the fuss is about, its NOT a seperate model anyway, just a late chassis number and extras so regardless of where it came from or what chassis number it has its still a late model car

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top

Steve_Matthews said

wooders said

Isn't that what I said ages ago :roll: lol

possibly. my memory is selective though.

Back to the top

Topoftherange said

dunno what the fuss is about, its NOT a seperate model anyway, just a late chassis number and extras so regardless of where it came from or what chassis number it has its still a late model car

yup. she'll be advertised as an '83 mk1 gti. no more, no less. she's a good car and i think the new owner will probably be more concerned with wether she's a decent mk1 than what colour/wheels/model and so on. i know that would be my view.

Back to the top

wooders said

Topoftherange said

yup. she'll be advertised as an '83 mk1 gti. no more, no less. she's a good car and i think the new owner will probably be more concerned with wether she's a decent mk1 than what colour/wheels/model and so on. i know that would be my view.

I dunno, you might get someone buy it 'coz it's a genuine Atlas Grey Mk1 - they are like hens teeth!

Back to the top

Steve_Matthews said

wooders said

Topoftherange said

I dunno, you might get someone buy it 'coz it's a genuine Atlas Grey Mk1 - they are like hens teeth!

Its not Altas Grey though - its Bright Yellow!!!! Apparently it only looks grey.

Back to the top
it's daffodil sunrise, not yellow.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.