Skip navigation

Watsons Yellow 1100 in Practical Classics?

Back to the top

Watsons Yellow 1100 in Practical Classics?

Looks like Watsons fab bright yellow '79 Golf in this months Practical Classics article about non-hot hatch versions of 70s/80s hatch backs. Very nice.

The Renault 5 in the article is very similar to my first ever car (mine was a 10 year old P-Reg not N) but it was bright yellow like the Golf. I also had a red 205. Spooky.

How scary is this, cars that I grew up with are now classics  8O

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
my first car was a renault 5…and in canary yellow …and it was a p reg. 8O
How weird is that?? ill scan some old pics of it if i can find some. had gear lever coming out of dash and rolled around like an old boat :lol:  :lol:

oh, and i had a black 205 gti  :lol:

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Mine had floor change and rolled that much that it felt like it might end up on two wheels or its roof. Cost £50 and had Fred Flintsone floors.

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
Keep your eyes peeled for the 'Buyers Guide' in Classic Car Weekly, should be next week or the week after.

The 2 page spread is all about the running, parts, insurance etc aspects of the cars.

Dan

Back to the top

Early-1800 said

Mine had floor change and rolled that much that it felt like it might end up on two wheels or its roof. Cost £50 and had Fred Flintsone floors.

de je vu, mine cost £50 too!!!. spent the same again on filler and yellow paint. drove down to newquay in it( i live in halifax) and back, 40mph max all the way :lol:  :lol:  :lol: it gave up the ghost just round the corner from home, timing belt snapped i think. :cry:  :cry:

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

Back to the top
waddya think? I remember it was called lewey cos of the reg number :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

Back to the top

Dano said

Hummm, think of the tree sap!!! :lol:
:lol:  :lol:
Thats the first thing I remembered when I looked at the pic after all these years( near Warwick Castle 1986 ) The bloody sap or is it aphid poo ? all over the car, took some right getting off.
 And we didnt have jet washes in them days, just a bag of dust and a rolled up newspaper… :lol:  :lol:  :wink:

Happy days.

Back to the top

Photos courtesy of Rory Game, Neil Campbell and Practical Classics magazine.

Back to the top
Forgot to say have a look on the Practical Classics website for a behind the scenes look at the making of the feature.

Back to the top
check the guys grin while he's driving your car watson!! he's lovin it! the guy in the Renault 5 doesnt seem as happy tho! HAH!!

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
Well spotted Brucie  :lol:

Back to the top
Congratulations Dave, i did spot it when i was at tesco.

For a moment i thought you must have sold the car.

Good to see a familiar car in the magazine.

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.