Skip navigation

Cab roof handle needed

Back to the top
Hi all, wanted to know where best place is to purchase a o/s Cab roof handle as mine has snapped, also I have lock system on mine would it make a difference if an earlier one was fitted. Thanks in advance.

Back to the top
The passenger side has a lock to prevent unwarranted opening ot unlatching in those "OH Jesus" moments when you are spirited driving and your passenger sees their life flash before their eyes.

The Drivers side doesn't, the handles Lock or not locking can go on either side, as the RHD and LHD handles are swapped for the sides the passengers ride in.

They were Available at VWheritage, as well as www.cabrioworld.com a while back but be warned of Sticker shock.  Which is why when I run across one at a wreckers (breakers to you) I grab them, never hurts to have a spare.

To prevent that in the future (going forward) Grease and oil them occasionally.  Use never-seize on the screw that hold them to the frame.  If you break or strip a screw, left handed drill bits make short work of getting the threaded bits out.  Just use the next size smaller of a bit and a reversible drill.

Lastly, be sure to lower your rear quarter windows down about 1 inch prior to latching the top, this way your frame isn't using the glass as a Pivot point and possibly binding the top as it is being latched.  Once latched roll the window up.  Old rusty handles and a full up window don't bode well for these critters.

I have a how to in the archive section on how to remove them, Click the signature link and look for the body/exterior section

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Hi Briano1234, Thats wot i thought , i understand its new anyways I will have to wait until 1 comes up cheaper than that, as there is few other things I need as well so may get them in 1 go from someone breaking one on here. Thanks any ways
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.