Skip navigation

What did you do to your MK1 today?

Back to the top

At least granny got her own cabby too refitted the duckbill spoiler to mine in place of some after market narrow one and ordered stainless steel bolts for it as don't like the rusty ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Had a new front pipe fitted today by local independant tyre/exhaust centre. I couldn't believe how much better it sounded and had forgotten how much a new exhaust smells so I just HAD to take it out for a brisk 40 mile round trip to ensure all smelly stuff had burnt off!;)

Back to the top
Well it's taken 5 years! Now have number plates for my LHD Young Line GTi ! Body work to be done soon and a new Blue Mohair hood! The to be taken to Spain! Are there any other Young Lines in the UK? I have seen them in France and Spain image.jpeg

1992 Red 'Sportline' LHD from France now in Spain,
1991 White' Young Line' GTI LHD from Germany that I can not take to Spain because of Brexit!😒

Back to the top
Fitted;

- New top grab handle catcher (stopping the arm rest from popping out!)
- Fitted new window liner, nice new felt 🙂

image.jpeg

1990 - Cabriolet GTI 1.8 (DX)

Back to the top
renewed the Glove Box securing latch/catch & sorted the spring for keeping the Glove Box open… took out the vent to get access to the spring, gave it a good clean too - 29 years of dust, cleaned the drivers side too, why not :cool: Not a lot to do to get everything working as it should… ummm i think that's it come to think of it.. Ordered Waxoyl to clean & protect underneath, rims being refurbed in 2-3 weeks & as Jurgen Klopp would say- Boom!! thanks for the pics Briano1234 in the Help section.

Back to the top
Yesterday, finally had my last outer scraper seal delivered.. hooray!! originally ordered 17th July for full set, inners & outers, 1 short on initial delivery near the end of July, & 1 was too short for 1 of my inners, so received that at the AGM :thumbs:… the outer which i didn't have, chased up & found out it got damaged in transit!!! so another had to be sent! got it yesterday & fitted it too :$ what do they say about waiting??? :lol: 

Back to the top
New brakes everywhere! New beck/arnley drums+inners, duralst pads and cheapo rotors (planning a 10.1 swap soon) as well as a new beck/arnley master cylinder.

Back to the top
Finally got around to starting my false shelf boot install to house the hifi neatly !

Have got most of the stereo upgrades I'm after over the past 12 months, so just a case of starting to pull it all in and make good :)

1990 - Cabriolet GTI 1.8 (DX)

Back to the top
Took the Cabby to it's first judged show… The Great Canadian VW Show…

Received a very unexpected 1st place for Cabriolet (all yrs)

bronze_zpsa6ede075.png

Back to the top

Put a cassette holder in my cabby to give her that final touch if you like.. Celebrate her 29th Birthday being released on to the land of Britain..

Back to the top
Deandubya  

Dean it's hard to tell from this photo but are those stretch seat covers you've got on the front seats?

Screenshot_2016-08-27-07-40-44.jpg

If so they look good mate!  :thumbs:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
image.jpeg

I blew the dust off it… 

Back to the top
Today took yuppie flu back to garage for clutch cable issues...repair plate and sawing through gearbox mount.. so plate refitted...could do with a steel one to allow weld. New cable and kit..and now planning to weld gearbox mount.. new intank pump fitted... with new filter.and some new headlights with brighter bulbs. Sure had loom but not sure which hiding place it is in.

On the drive
T25 Diesel…sameoldblueshiŁ (currently under resto)
Rocco gt2….1990 secret 2…(currently under resto)
Mk4 99 1.8t indigo blue Gti with 43k miles
Caster 93 clipper JH Green cabby
Snowy 91 GTi White cabby( sat waiting for inspiration)
Myvalver 89 GTi Grey mk2 16v
Yuppy Flu 91 GTi Flash Red Sportline

Golf mk1 owner's club on Spotify

Mk1 golf owners club playlist: Golf mk1 owner's club playlist - YouTube

Back to the top
Fitted a NS B pillar seal yesterday… bit of fun, but as always, trial & error (& the printed off the 'how to… from chortle :thumbs: to give me a head start)… winding up the window to get the seal lined up i found to be the best way of lining up/connecting the seal in the rear quarter - which i felt was the hardest part… other than that pretty straight forward.

OLD SEAL

REPLACED SEAL

Back to the top
Well in past few days... uprated headlights and bulbs...still need to fit uprated loom. Fitted tank lift pump..still have buzzing from relay so guess inline pump issue.. drove to leeds and back with dog sticking head outta the window. Steady 140miles round trip on hottest september day for ages. Car running fine steady 75mph and still a bit left with ragtop down.

On the drive
T25 Diesel…sameoldblueshiŁ (currently under resto)
Rocco gt2….1990 secret 2…(currently under resto)
Mk4 99 1.8t indigo blue Gti with 43k miles
Caster 93 clipper JH Green cabby
Snowy 91 GTi White cabby( sat waiting for inspiration)
Myvalver 89 GTi Grey mk2 16v
Yuppy Flu 91 GTi Flash Red Sportline

Golf mk1 owner's club on Spotify

Mk1 golf owners club playlist: Golf mk1 owner's club playlist - YouTube

Back to the top
Cleaned all the ash and soot off the cars after the huge fires here in Spain! Battery died in the Sportline, so drove our Peugeot Partner to Euro Tyre in Javea to get a new battery and the battery in Partner failed!! What are the odds on that! Thanks to the guys at The Garage Javea, all sorted. Lots of interest in the Sportline when out and about spotted a  Golf Cabriolet MK1 1800 Quartett **100% ORIGINAL 10.300 KMS for sale for € 24,990!! Better keep polishing mine! Just off for drive along the coast today 24 degrees at the mo and getting warmer! cheers

1992 Red 'Sportline' LHD from France now in Spain,
1991 White' Young Line' GTI LHD from Germany that I can not take to Spain because of Brexit!😒

Back to the top
Cleaned it… Again, damn white cars image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back to the top
Call me OCD but i bought a Glove Box Stop buffer… i know i know. also bought some door trim panel liners, those plastic poppers when you remove your door cards/trims.. one was broke so replaced it. Got them off NK Automotive on eBay - from Greece. Also a quite a few months back cleaning my lights with window cleaner i must have pushed too hard on the 1 spotlight & broke the plastic adjuster. Managed to source 2 a while ago - just been stuck on the side in the kitchen by my pile & the past 2 weeks soaking outside (undercover) in plus gas to loosen them up. Vice & pliers did the trick. :lol: so the sun was shining today so out i went.. popped the bonnet, disconnected the spotlights & unclipped the grille, took it out & unscrewed the damaged adjuster. Cleaned back of the spotlights, treated the plastics & whole grille to some Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber protection. Also clay barred the top valance & underneath & the front panel.. then gave it all a wax. :thumbs: Replaced the adjuster on the spotlight, hooked the grille back in & reconnected spotlights. Looks better & an excuse to take it for a spin to find a level bit of tarmac with a garage/reflection to line up the spotlights :thumbs: sorted. 

Back to the top
Had a real bad spell of weather round me lately kept me busy haha! Satisfying seeing her all cleaned up though!

Back to the top

I had a rubbish week at work so to my 1.6 gti through the the lanes as if I was 20 years old again. My one is having full paint next year so not a pristine version like some but oh so enjoyable. Fell better now

There are too many online users to list.