Skip navigation

What did you do to your MK1 today?

Back to the top

Fitted new bonnet struts. (Well pleased with result) got electric areal working, and rear fog light. Gunked  the engine, washed and leathered it. Pu new locking nuts on wheels. Pushed the switch for elec Windows,lots of times. Still not working!!

Back to the top

C5ffy said

Fitted new bonnet struts. (Well pleased with result) got electric areal working, and rear fog light. Gunked  the engine, washed and leathered it. Pu new locking nuts on wheels. Pushed the switch for elec Windows,lots of times. Still not working!!

Hi,

Would love the see the new boonet struts in a picture? Where did you get the kit and was it easy to install? Keen on doing this myself but haven't got round to it as yet.

Craig.

1990 - Cabriolet GTI 1.8 (DX)

Back to the top
Taken snowy out for a ride.. Tuxford retford (gogo juice shop) home..woo hoo !! Drives..although slightly concerned about the damp patch on my jeans…It wasn't that exciting  :$ also I was worrying at gogo juice shop, last time I took 1 of my cabbies I forgot to lock the fuel cap.. 25 yrs it had been with car..now somewhere on A1.

On the drive
T25 Diesel…sameoldblueshi£ (currently under resto)
Rocco gt2….1990 secret 2…(currently under resto)
Mk4 99 1.8t indigo blue Gti with 43k miles
Caster 93 clipper JH Green cabby
Snowy 91 GTi White cabby( sat waiting for inspiration)
Myvalver 89 GTi Grey mk2 16v
Yuppy Flu 91 GTi Flash Red Sportline

Golf mk1 owner's club on Spotify

Mk1 golf owners club playlist: Golf mk1 owner's club playlist - YouTube

Back to the top
Fitted new 4-2-1 manifold now I need to figure out what to do about my catalytic converter and lambda sensor........ Any suggestions???

👉2001 Citi Golf Sonic Edition 1.6i 100bhp👈

Back to the top

Junk the cat for a piece of tube and drill a hole to weld a lambda boss on to it

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top

CraigSherriff said

C5ffy said

Hi,

Would love the see the new boonet struts in a picture? Where did you get the kit and was it easy to install? Keen on doing this myself but haven't got round to it as yet.

Craig.

Hi mate. Leave it with me, I will get some pics sorted. Got the struts on eBay. I will find you the item number and get back to you.

Back to the top

lhasadreams said

Junk the cat for a piece of tube and drill a hole to weld a lambda boss on to it

Would love to but because my car is a 2001 import from South africa I don't think it would pass the emissions…

Back to the top

Lee Mardell (2) said

lhasadreams said

Would love to but because my car is a 2001 import from South africa I don't think it would pass the emissions…

I wonder if the Citi Golfs built for export were differently equipped than the local (SA) models. We only got catalytic convertors and Lambda sensors in the last three years of production (2008 - 2010) when the management system was changed from MP9 to MPi…

1983 Golf GT 2.1 16V with throttles/1978 Golf LS 2.1 ABF with throttles/2008 Citi Storm 1.4i/2007 Hyundai Getz - my daily

Back to the top

Torker said

Lee Mardell (2) said

lhasadreams said

I wonder if the Citi Golfs built for export were differently equipped than the local (SA) models. We only got catalytic convertors and Lambda sensors in the last three years of production (2008 - 2010) when the management system was changed from MP9 to MPi…

I thought all the convertible models had cats? It so annoying because a free flow would be wicked with my new manifold. 

Back to the top

Only a few very late cabbys got cats, my wife has an L reg Sportline and that has a standard DX setup without a cat.
You do not need a cat to pass the MOT. As long as it meets the emission standards set for your year then it will pass.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top

lhasadreams said

Only a few very late cabbys got cats, my wife has an L reg Sportline and that has a standard DX setup without a cat.
You do not need a cat to pass the MOT. As long as it meets the emission standards set for your year then it will pass.

Cool, well my mot is in January so I'll get a straight pipe with lambda boss and fingers crossed! Cheers for help 👍

Back to the top
FB_IMG_1450610724268.jpg
Replaced  the  voltage  regulator on the  alternater  , 

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top

C5ffy said

CraigSherriff said

C5ffy said

Hi,

Craig.

Hi mate. Leave it with me, I will get some pics sorted. Got the struts on eBay. I will find you the item number and get back to you.

Hi Mate - any joy with this :) Looking to treat myself for Christmas. Cheers.

Back to the top
Hi……sorry for delay the item number on eBay is..http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/391326396846 .. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back to the top
Sorry........just to add. I run a tap where the bolt on the wing was. The bonnet bolt no prob. I had it all fitted within ab hour. Good luck.

Back to the top

C5ffy said

Sorry……..just to add. I run a tap where the bolt on the wing was. The bonnet bolt no prob. I had it all fitted within ab hour. Good luck.

Cheers mate - looks bob on.

I can see instructions with the item, guess it's super easy and straightforward providing you have a decent drill to make the pilot holes?

When fully extended, is there ample work space to work underneath the bonnet? Nervous about it whacking me on the head!   :lol:

Back to the top
Sunday.
Amazingly the weather was dry. We had to go see santa and what better way than in a mk1!

tmp_30151-20151217_111228-854268825.jpg

Back safely in the garage can and dry

1982 3 Door - 'BRO' - gone to pastures new
 1990 Clipper Cabriolet - Jet green metallic

Back to the top

Unityneil said

Sunday.
Amazingly the weather was dry. We had to go see santa and what better way than in a mk1!

Hi mate,

What seat are those? I'm looking to do the same in my car as its a similar colour! Cheers

Back to the top

Unityneil said

Sunday.

:wub:

Follow me on Instagram, scottyr_mk1golf

Back to the top

Lee Mardell (2) said

Unityneil said

Sunday.

Hi mate,

What seat are those? I'm looking to do the same in my car as its a similar colour! Cheers

the rear is the original retrimmed in red leather. I welded in the headrest mounts to the stripped frame. The fronts are  "not the originals" but are retrimmed in the same red. ;)

Thanks for the kind comments

1982 3 Door - 'BRO' - gone to pastures new
 1990 Clipper Cabriolet - Jet green metallic
There are too many online users to list.