Skip navigation

What did you do to your MK1 today?

Back to the top

Awesome interior! I Need mine doing wish huddersfield was closer, mine has just passed its mot last week!  :thumbs:  Just need a horn push a washer bottle grommet and a seepdo cable :-) if anyone has these particular things lying around please let me know! 

Back to the top
Great interior but I think I would burn me bum on it here in Spain! Stunning look! Great car! Enjoy!!  :thumbs:

1992 Red 'Sportline' LHD from France now in Spain,
1991 White' Young Line' GTI LHD from Germany that I can not take to Spain because of Brexit!😒

Back to the top
Thants looks sweeeeeeetttttt!!!!

Follow me on Instagram, scottyr_mk1golf

Back to the top

Dano I bet this interior gives you a moment !!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Very nice! 

But as expected, black window winders!! Brown with chrome inserts are the holy grail !!  :lol:

Back to the top
C:\fakepath\IMG-20150809-WA0000.jpg
Went out yesterday on its maiden voyage! Great experience and nice weather for the top to be down saw another cabriolet out enjoying the weather too! Many more drives to be had can't wait to take it to shows 

Back to the top
C:\fakepath20150810_154353.jpg Took Car No3 Out To The River Bank. . Refitted steering wheel repaired horn.. rewired the washer jet and stuck a pin down the nozzle. Fitted new battery.bled the hydraulic roof. Fitted new grommet for accelerator cable .dumped dirty radiator water ,cleaned sensor and bottle.fitted another seat to drivers old wants refurbished

Last edit: by Kenneth Cartwright

On the drive
T25 Diesel…sameoldblueshiŁ (currently under resto)
Rocco gt2….1990 secret 2…(currently under resto)
Mk4 99 1.8t indigo blue Gti with 43k miles
Caster 93 clipper JH Green cabby
Snowy 91 GTi White cabby( sat waiting for inspiration)
Myvalver 89 GTi Grey mk2 16v
Yuppy Flu 91 GTi Flash Red Sportline

Golf mk1 owner's club on Spotify

Mk1 golf owners club playlist: Golf mk1 owner's club playlist - YouTube

Back to the top
Took my baby to Bodytone repair shop after someone jumped on and slid down the bonnet. :'( 

Kirsty "Percy" 

1988 Clipper called Ruby

www.boogiewookie.com

Back to the top
Bought some new clean number plates, exhaust rubbers and wishbones. Going to fit and remove the FARB this week ahead of VW festival at the weekend

Back to the top
Finished refurbing the front calipers, flushed the brake fluid and fitted stainless braid flexis, stops alot better now.

1985 Cabriolet GL

Back to the top
Mines been of the road for 10 ish years so got it on the ramp at work ad checked her over nothing to major required brakes and brake hoses all round and a few brake pipes , dropped back axle down and welded up the chassis and inner sill in that area , welded up both inner arch / sill ends , tried to get hew running which she did but needs a car spacer/ gasket as it's perished and sucking in air !! Ow and pulled o/s rear arch trim off as arch repair and rear valance is required so plenty done plenty to do hopping to get it all done and mot'ed in the next couple of weeks all being well

Back to the top
Passed MOT

After 2years off the road, rebuild  and engine swap…………

Another Mk1 is back on the road !!  C:\fakepath\image.jpg

Back to the top
Good effort that looks really nice mate ,
Noting done on mine today just been ordering parts lol pads , discs, cylinders, 4 brake hoses , exhaust rubbers, timing belt kit , carb gasket/ flange caliper seal kit and I'm sure a few more I've already forgotten  O_o costing me a small fortune best not tell the wife  :lol:

Back to the top
Polished him up, put alarm on and all the on locks on the Sportline, put cover on him, tucked him up in 35 degrees and told him I would be back to play sooooon. Off to Gatwick and the rain/cold now! :'(  :'(  :'(  O_o

1992 Red 'Sportline' LHD from France now in Spain,
1991 White' Young Line' GTI LHD from Germany that I can not take to Spain because of Brexit!😒

Back to the top
Placed my new radio in the dash and a molding for the boot.

Back to the top
Managed to break  1 running car..so now have 2 cars end to end both not firing up.  :$  green one was working white one not.. Whilst waiting for parts to arrive I thought I'd swith ignition leads and distributor cap from green to white see if that would fire him up.. nope.  On returning leads back and the cap to the green machine he no longer starts….. fxxkin nightmare. 
62 views (4 Mb) 65 views (4 Mb)

On the drive

Back to the top
Been busy again new cam belt cam seal and water pump , fuel filter plugs cap and arm points n/s/f brake pipe and hose o/sf hose and brake disc caliper removed for rebuild , now staring osr wheel arch replacement will post some pics up of that is I get chance someone was after so help so might help them out so busy busy busy

Back to the top
Well.. After 23 years my car is finally going to need a little restoration to the front suspension. I have kept the car clean and dry for the 10 years I have owned it, but I am guessing most of what you can see in this pic is inevitable over time given that I haven't owned it from new.. Otherwise it would have lived in my nice warm central heated garage and only been wet once a year for its annual wash… So… I did a little fettling..

I stripped everything down, replaced the cv joints and front wheel bearings while I was at it and had the calipers media blasted and are at the electroplating company as we speak. I am going for that absolute stock as new look..

As you can see, the hub assembly had lost its paint and had surface rust so off it went to the media blaster and after a few coats of high temp spray paint…..

The brake guard was gently sanded where there were speckles of surface rust, then zinc oxide primer and tough black satin spray..

As you can see, the shock absorber was also stripped and painted, the spring done in gloss black tough black. I stuck dum dum over the green paint marks while I painted it so it keeps that original look..

New nuts where possible.. Where not possible, the guy at the electroplating company restored them for me.

New brake hoses too.. Just waiting on the calipers back.. Very happy so far.. Please ignore the original wax oil under the arches, it looks like areas of black dirt but it is in fact the original wax oil. I will give under the arches a tickle up when I have finished the suspension..

Back to the top
Mot, fail….

but only on a fog lamp and cv boot clip :D

Back to the top

Kenneth Cartwright said

Managed to break  1 running car..so now have 2 cars end to end both not firing up.  :$  green one was working white one not.. Whilst waiting for parts to arrive I thought I'd swith ignition leads and distributor cap from green to white see if that would fire him up.. nope.  On returning leads back and the cap to the green machine he no longer starts….. fxxkin nightmare. 
62 views (4 Mb) 65 views (4 Mb)

Haha what a complete fool….I managed to reread some info regarding not setting up as per Haynes  and follow what was done by last service.. I was 1 place out on the distributor leads. Even after marking them..  The green machine is alive… 

On the drive

There are too many online users to list.