Skip navigation

What did you do to your MK1 today?

Back to the top

What did you do to your MK1 today?

RichardHall said

finished putting the 6th layer of detailing glaze on the car then just came inside and saw the weather forecast for Sunday !

The rain will just fall off your car now Rich  :lol:

:thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Sorted a few electrical gremlins, water leak and adjusted tracking and camber. Just need to fix horn and the ready for MOT. 

C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg

Back to the top
Cleaned washed polished lol C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg

Back to the top
Restored my rear bumper!

Been going through "poor boys trim restorer" like nobody's business recently, trying to get a bit of life back into my plastics. It's pretty good but seems to fade after a few days. 

Purchased this gear and got it through the post yesterday:
C:\fakepath\image.jpg

Seems to have worked quite well:

C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg

Back to the top
Excellent, keep us updated on how the finish lasts please. If it's made by Eastwood it's usually good stuff but a bit pricey.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Will do Richard. It wasn't cheap but they claim it will last 7 years +!

Back to the top
Fitted a smaller chin spoiler as fed up off breaking my deeper one.

Back to the top
Well I must be honest absolutely bogger all.  :$

Having just spent the best part of two weeks in and out of Hospital after an operation I'm taking a weeks holiday fly Fishing in the Alps.

So in about 7 hours from now you'll find me here! 

Four of us in this lodge on the lake, does it come any better.  :lol:

The only downside is I had planned to take my Mk1 with me and my Wife the 4x4 with our dog and stuff. 
But as the weather is looking a bit ify with from time to time some heavy thunder storms I've decided to leave him at home. 

Which is a great shame because the photo opportunity is massive, see first picture! 

Oh well have fun with whatever you're doing with your Mk1's and I'll be back in 7 days!   :thumbs:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Oh wow Mike, that looks stunning!!

Have a relaxing time and good recuperation!  :thumbs:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Got mine back from the trimmers with a newly trimmed dash, wheel, custom door pods and new mohair roof

Back to the top

Talizman said

Got mine back from the trimmers with a newly trimmed dash, wheel, custom door pods and new mohair roof

That looks great; who did you use?

The Red Rocket! My Mk1 Tdi Build.....

My VAG family:

1982 Mk1, PD130 Tdi, 6 speed, ongoing project, to be my daily driver (one day)!
1983 Mk1, 1.8 Gti, stripped out, ongoing project, track car only.
1990 Mk1 Cabrio, 1.8 8v Turbo, G60 ECU, long term project (17 years so far)!
2008 T5 LWB, 1.9 Tdi, to be converted to camper when I've finished using it as a van!
1999 Audi A4 Avant Quattro, 2.5 Tdi, currently off the road, more work required.
2010 Tiguan R-Line, daily driver. 

Back to the top

Talizman said

More pictures please, looks gorgeous.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top

KevMk1Tdi said

Talizman said

That looks great; who did you use?
Alpha auto concepts in Huddersfield. They do loads of T5 installs and retrims. They did the rest of the interior as well. Pretty happy with the results

will add more pics when it's not raining!

Back to the top

Talizman said

Alpha auto concepts in Huddersfield. They do loads of T5 installs and retrims. They did the rest of the interior as well. Pretty happy with the results

will add more pics when it's not raining!

Those seats look lush  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Back to the top
That interior looks great :)

Back to the top

RichardHall said

More pictures please, looks gorgeous.

Ditto, looks stunning!!  :wub:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Cheers guys. Been raining today so she's tucked away for now but hoping for some good weather back end of this week so will get some full interior pics then.

In in the meantime I reversed my passenger sidelight that appeared not to be working at the weekend, and also spent time cursing at my rear number plate lights which I can't get working. Let's hope the MOT retest is kind…..

Back to the top
Checked air, oil and water on the Sportline yesterday after a trip in land 37-40 degrees. Like driving with a hair dryer on your face! Taking him to the beach today at Javea for lunch! Saw 3 other Mk 1 rag top yesterday, there are still a few about here!  :cool:

1992 Red 'Sportline' LHD from France now in Spain,
1991 White' Young Line' GTI LHD from Germany that I can not take to Spain because of Brexit!😒

Back to the top
Braved the cold here yesterday at lunchtime the temp was 9.5C blooming baltic to top her up with petrol as I had a some spare time and will need to do a good few miles later on in the week.

So far this month have managed to rack up over 1,000 miles more out of necessity rather than pleasure as I have needed to drive in some rather inclement weather this summer.

However a drive in the Golf is a sure fire way to lift the blues. 

Back to the top
Minor update - bought some new, Bosch windscreen wipers to replace the retrofit ones I had before. Now it looks standard (ish)

Few more pics of the interior as requested:

Will also update my progress thread if anyone is that interested :)

There are too many online users to list.