Skip navigation

What did you do to your MK1 today?

Back to the top

What did you do to your MK1 today?

Not so much today, but over the past week or so.

With no idea what I was doing I dropped the engine and box, split them and got the box fitted to my KR which is almost ready to fire up :D

Back to the top
Very bad day for me 😡

250 miles round trip to have a day on the dyno.

Over £400 blown plus fuel because I come out with 40 bhp less than I went in with and a big list of upgrades I need!!!

The 20vt conversion was already done but it's wasn't running great infact you couldn't tell it had a turbo.

I found the turbo wastage was adjusted so it bled off half the boost, now on the dyno the cooling can't keep the engine cool enough to be able to map and the intake air temp if far too high.

List of jobs to do now.

Bigger intercooler and pipe work.
Bigger radiator with two fans and plumbing
Relocate battery and cables
Relocate air filter and intake pipes
Maybe upgrade fuel pump.
Change injectors 380cc to 440cc
Change manual boost controller for electronic one

Back to the top
Fitted new fuel lines, fitted my fresh Bbs rms , test fitted my new grill and picked up its new Ap coilovers, ready to fit Sundy

Instagram Firemandan1

Back to the top
Almost finished my engine bay !

Back to the top
Lovely tidy job mate !!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Fitted chrome strips and looking forward to Stanford hall :) C:\fakepath\image.jpg

Back to the top
 :wub: took caster out for ride, he's running, minus oil leak, but now he's sitting high in the rev's.. just like auto choke stuck.. more things to check. :$  im just happy to get to drive him

On the drive
T25 Diesel…sameoldblueshi£ (currently under resto)
Rocco gt2….1990 secret 2…(currently under resto)
Mk4 99 1.8t indigo blue Gti with 43k miles
Caster 93 clipper JH Green cabby
Snowy 91 GTi White cabby( sat waiting for inspiration)
Myvalver 89 GTi Grey mk2 16v
Yuppy Flu 91 GTi Flash Red Sportline

Golf mk1 owner's club on Spotify

Mk1 golf owners club playlist: Golf mk1 owner's club playlist - YouTube

Back to the top
Finally got 2L 16v conversion on bike carbs started. Running lumpy as on full choke , but running none the less ! 
Only taken 18 months of off the road misery. 
Now looking forward to finishing off all the other little bits and getting an MOT - amazing how quickly a good result can renew your faith in your project ! 

Back to the top
Dropped the car off for it's MOT. Fingers and toes crossed!

Back to the top
Just drive !!!!  :thumbs:

Back to the top
After running a big end bearing in my ABF motor in the GT I pulled the motor to get it sorted. Upgraded the cams to 288 billets and fitted 84mm pop-up Nissan pistons to bump the c/r to 12.7. Motor will be running 50% Ethanol mix and will be going back in my LS. I used the opportunity to fit my spare 16V motor in my GT, TDi crank with 84.5mm BMW pistons on throttles also running 50% Ethanol, a 2142cc beast that runs like hell.

Still sorting some small issues, cured an inter misfire today after tracing it back to a dry joint in the coil driver module on #1 cylinder, I thought it was caused by fouled plugs but when the problem persisted after fitting new Iridium plugs I started looking elsewhere. Only thing left to do is modify my alternator bracket to put more tension on the belt to prevent slipping on startup.

1983 Golf GT 2.1 16V with throttles/1978 Golf LS 2.1 ABF with throttles/2008 Citi Storm 1.4i/2007 Hyundai Getz - my daily

Back to the top
Found out the alternator wasn't working :(

Back to the top
Washed, Clay bar, and waxed…. Even pulled off all the trim before I started…. Not been this clean since new

bronze_zpsa6ede075.png

Back to the top

Style said

Just drive !!!!  :thumbs:

lush

Guy

91 Rivage project thread < its a slow process but getting there!

Back to the top
well not just today, but over the last couple of weeks..new cambelt/tensioner, crosshairs, single lamp grille, leds` in the vdo gauges, adjusted rear brakes, new fr sidelamp bulb holders, fuel filter (lots of black fuel out of the old one ), set the tracking and camber, phew,, I didn`t realise I`d been that busy..just need a front brake upgrade now !

Back to the top
Oil change and filter.... found out 20w50 oil is getting scarce around here

bronze_zpsa6ede075.png

Back to the top
Visited a friend of mine with lots of BBS goodies just a try out  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Ooo different Pete - nice different  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
And easy to clean the RS or RM are a pain to clean  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Changed my gearbox oil today, found it only had 1L in it when should have 2!

lhasa green 83 gti tintop MOT passed Aug '14 after nearly 12 years!
Audi A6 3.0 tdi Avant Quattro Le Mans 305bhp 
There are too many online users to list.