Skip navigation

What did you do to your MK1 today?

Back to the top

What did you do to your MK1 today?

Mine was sitting a bit dusty in the garage so I took it out washed it ,clayed one side and was surprised to see how black the bh clay was.It then got a polish then wax so its now silky smooth.

Back to the top
1st part of detail clean completed.

Nipped to local paint shop to have a tin of "Helious Blue" matched up for the car, spent this weekend touching up every scratch imaginable! Will take some time try and fade this back in to the car. Having said that, it's one trillion times better !! (Until I can afford a respray that is) :thumbs:

1990 - Cabriolet GTI 1.8 (DX)

Back to the top
Nice work, that must have kept you busy!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Been a while since I posted!

Fitted K&N oil filter to Clipper after oil change (good deal on Amazon), fitted new rad and temp sensor, went to Southern meet at Devils Dyke, nice group!

Fitter new bonnet stay holder. Polished and drove to Woodcote Park Golf club too. Car running well! Famous last words……. :lol:

1992 Red 'Sportline' LHD from France now in Spain,
1991 White' Young Line' GTI LHD from Germany that I can not take to Spain because of Brexit!😒

Back to the top
Got excited as I have finally got a whole week to spend on my car with a mountain of parts to fit and replace etc, first day hasnt gone too bad stripped the rear beam down and began wire brushing (way too much rust this took most of the day) got all the parts for all new rear drums got home with everything to assemble them and got confused  :P will continue and post pictures of the refurbished rear axle with the new fuel tank pumps, hoses and injectors when it's done and hopefully running, I'm getting jealous of the beautiful cars what I keep seeing being posted on here :-) 

Back to the top
Carpeted the garage for it keep it nice and cosy. -well to try and keep the dust down from the concrete floor really...

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
fitted my bulkhead repair panel (around the clutch cable)…something that should be pretty simple turned into a bit of a pig to do..basically the damage beneath the `panel ` that was on there already was a bit worse and bigger than I thought..and not helped by someone attempting to weld it previously and leaving it looking like it had hot bubble gum stuck on there but after a bit of a fettle we got there in the end. I`ve left the pedal pressed to hold weight on while it sticks properly so I`ll see how it is tomorrow.
the plan is to just use as is but long term it`ll need to be repaired properly which will mean a strip down so just gonna use it while I`ve taxed it for now.

and what about this for a `repair panel`

Back to the top
The girlfriend taxed the cabby for 6 months yesterday

Vw golf 1980 cab (girlfriend's)
Vw T25 1.9dg auto hi-top autohomes camper
Alfasud 1.5ti green cloverleaf
Alfa 155 2.0 16v
Alfa 155 Q4 lhd 1 for 13 in uk
Alfa 155 2.5td lhd the only 1 in uk

Back to the top
Quality bodging cabfan - not!

Your replacement is a 100 times better. ;)

Back to the top
The Golf gained 15000 miles one day after MOT had to fit new clocks as the rev counter wasn't working.

GTI Campaign Helios Blue, Going back Standard
GTI Campaign Schwartz Black shouldn't have sold
GTI Mk7 Performance pack Daily drive
Polo 1.4sel Sunset Orange The Wife's
Triumph Tiger

Back to the top
Got the cabby out of it's winter home was nice to drive it again……….so had to drive it to work tonight…………sitting in the car park 200 yards away from a warehouse of vag parts 

Alfa 155 2.0 16v

Back to the top
Drive it from Warwick to Blackpool (180 mile) roof down all the way, loved it and car didn't skip a beat!!

Last edit: by CraigSherriff

1990 - Cabriolet GTI 1.8 (DX)

Back to the top
Stripped the carpet, seats and door cards out.............Clean the white leather with alcohol cleaner ready for the white leather restorer later

Alfa 155 2.0 16v

Back to the top
Finished wiring it up, modified pedal box to accept electric brake pedal switch  :lol:

Back to the top
Had a very frustrating day working on the Young Line electrics. Got all the rear lights and indicators working, plus side lights, but no headlights even with new lamps or main beam, flasher works! No wipers or washer, washer pump faulty so have ordered a new one. Fan did not cut in either. When I dropped fuse and relay holder out, fuel pump stopped and then was ok. so have ordered a new relay for wiper. anyone got any ideas as being bent double with a test meter most of the day aiin't fun! cheers  :P  :P

1992 Red 'Sportline' LHD from France now in Spain,
1991 White' Young Line' GTI LHD from Germany that I can not take to Spain because of Brexit!😒

Back to the top
‹ took old exhaust off to fit this badboy

Back to the top
Nothing too busy working on someone else's :'(

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
Had a hair line fracture in the Rad and the new one has been in the rafters in the garage for 2 years. Today....finally fitted it! Started her up and no leaks.......so far. Will need a road test though. Bled the system, got it up to temp, the fan kicked in so I put it back in the garage and went to the In-Laws for roast dinner and beers!

Banner

Back to the top
picked up my refurbed rzs`  .pics soon

Back to the top
dropped mine at TSR for an engine & box replacement. Was a good drive down, yesterday 380miles from house to hotel on one tank, then a few miles more this morning.  
There are too many online users to list.