Skip navigation

What did you do to your MK1 today?

Back to the top

What did you do to your MK1 today?

I bought a complete roof off a guy called Simon you know who you are fitted it today what a difference from the old vynl one

Its really thick too. He kept saying it was double duck if that makes sense.
theres a small gap in the rubber seals I'm hoping that settles down one the roof has been on a while

Still needs a good clean any suggestions

Back to the top
drove my s1 for the last time till i fully restore her :( gonna missing driving her :(. gave a good clean and is now tucked in the garage till i get all panels/parts i need....

Back to the top
MOT :)

White 1989 Golf GTi Cabriolet - sold!

Back to the top
fitted new adjustable dampening coils to der tuhd :wub:

Back to the top
Fitted a new fuse box, still waiting for the new distributor so still not started her up. 

Back to the top
Finally got round to a few jobs I've been meaning to do for a while. Yesterday I fitted a new inner CV boot. Today I refurbished the gear linkage with new bushes and arms. Kit was only £9 on eBay, I found that some of the bushes were actually missing. Can't believe the difference it gas made. I also adjusted the roof clamps to see if I can stop the noise at higher speeds.

Back to the top
repaired horn wire on my wolfsburg steering wheel and fitted new slip ring and now it all works as it should.

ding dong!

or should that be beep beep?

i pressed the little red button

Back to the top
Looked at it parked up in the garage and started to make a list of things I'd like to get done on it over the Winter as its now off the road.

Mrs Choc Rolls Stock!

Back to the top
Put it away in the garage for it's winter holiday and sent the tax back

Vw golf 1980 cab (girlfriend's)
Vw T25 1.9dg auto hi-top autohomes camper
Alfasud 1.5ti green cloverleaf
Alfa 155 2.0 16v
Alfa 155 Q4 lhd 1 for 13 in uk
Alfa 155 2.5td lhd the only 1 in uk

Back to the top
Finally got the car started. Have had it since May and was bought as a non runner! Never heard it before so pleased it runs. Had a pre MOT check done and found that it would fail on fuel leak from fuel pump area, rear brake pipes corroded and rear brakes binding (New Cylinders). So will hopefully be replaced and MoT'd on Friday. 

Back to the top
Fitted my new smoked rear lights, courtesy of litlekris :)

Flick r - Flickr: ErosUK's Photostream Insta g r a m - @MK1_TOBY

Back to the top
Finally picked the car up today. Finally got a chance to drive it but unfortunately the fan belt snapped tonight. So going looking for a new one tomorrow.  

Back to the top
We did this with ours on saturday

Back to the top
Excellent!  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Nice one! ;)

1992 Red 'Sportline' LHD from France now in Spain,
1991 White' Young Line' GTI LHD from Germany that I can not take to Spain because of Brexit!😒

Back to the top
Removed the bonnet

"Mk1 Golf Gti...all things to all men"

Back to the top
Took the new engine apart, clean up and paint on Sunday.

Back to the top

Choc said

Looked at it parked up in the garage and started to make a list of things I'd like to get done on it over the Winter as its now off the road.

Me too.
New brakes front and rear, maybe mk2 servo upgrade, underseal the underneath and replace lift pump. Now gotta find cash for the bits. Tax runs out end of November so just hoping for a few more nice days before he gets jacked up onto axle stands…

Back to the top
Oh, and ordered one of these…

Back to the top
Locked it away for the winter until my bodyshop can fit it back in again for some bits finishing.
There are too many online users to list.