Skip navigation

What did you do to your MK1 today?

Back to the top

My little guy 'Scrat' went for his MOT this morning, -8 degrees where I live in Austria at 7:00am.
Battery was dead of course because he's not been driven for ten days and in these cold temperatures well what do you expect from a three year old battery.

IMG_0232.JPG

Past with flying colours for the 5th year in a row.  :thumbs:
Did have five advisors but there're the same five for the past five years because my workshop has to write something down or it looks a little suspicious if they were ever checked. Not even sure MOT testers back home would even notice or comment on them, like there's light rusting (rust spots) on the lower half front suspension spring D/S etc…

So this weekend he's off to the garage for a few months of hibernation and in spring he'll get a new battery and a couple of special treats no doubt!  :thumbs:

Because as many of you who know me 2017 will most likely be the last year I own him so a very special polishing etc…  ;)

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Took the Golf for a little spin yesterday. (after putting a new fence post in & getting a heat gun on the postcrete :lol:) not been started for 2 weeks, through the minus temps too, no probs, fired up fine, nice & dry so took it for a blast on the M4 :thumbs: had some twist necked views & some stares… why can't people nod or just look away??

Also spoke to my wheel refurb guy & said i wanted the rims back before Xmas…

Things left to do:
Rims & fit rim protectors (front)
Rubber bellows between A pillar & door (door card off job)
Mudflaps
Wax oil.

May even get new front door speakers as the rears have been renewed…

Done. 

Back to the top
looked at photos of it before It went off to its second home in may and got very very sad haha

Back to the top
Been watching the LHD  Young Line undergoing restoration at Shadbolts in Sutton! IMG_0913.JPG IMG_0913.JPG IMG_0913.JPG IMG_0913.JPG IMG_0913.JPG

1992 Red 'Sportline' LHD from France now in Spain,
1991 White' Young Line' GTI LHD from Germany that I can not take to Spain because of Brexit!😒

Back to the top
Wow your arch install is just awesome man! Nice job!

Back to the top

Coolant change ready for the much harder weather. Gave it a flush at the same time and cleaned the expansion tank. Pressure bleed of the brake fluid for nice fresh dot 4 in place of f the black ugly stuff. Looks no different and drives no different but I feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Tried to swap my headlights out only to find out the crosshairs replaced the housing and bulb with a one piece item. Have to find replament housings. Doh.

Also took a picture of the new red winter wheels in the daylight  :lol: I'd really like to find some 13x7 Revolution RFX wheels. Hopefully I will soon!

Back to the top
Took my car for it's first car wash this year.

Today I plan on driving topless, as it is to be 70f here.
Yes the top is up to allow the canvas to dry.  Drove it down the road at 70mph, and the top was dry by the time I got home.  :)  Air Drier.

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Picked up my refurbed Rims on Monday evening… will give them a clean, put 2 coats of poor boys wheel sealant on, put in the wheel protectors for the fronts & put them on the car…

Back to the top

New set wheels today

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6745 using Tapatalk

Back to the top

Re: What did you do to your MK1 today?

Ashton09 said

New set wheels today

Back to the top
IMG_5772.JPG

Took the sunroof off and cut out most of the bracket ready for the blank to go in 

Back to the top
There are too many online users to list.