Skip navigation

What did you do to your MK1 today?

Back to the top

Took snowy fishing..he's not so clean on driving in mud. 20151222_081539.jpg
To "The caster" fitted car cover"wife bought for xmas" also run extension cable to a dehumidifier hopefully to minimise rain damage 

On the drive
T25 Diesel…sameoldblueshiŁ (currently under resto)
Rocco gt2….1990 secret 2…(currently under resto)
Mk4 99 1.8t indigo blue Gti with 43k miles
Caster 93 clipper JH Green cabby
Snowy 91 GTi White cabby( sat waiting for inspiration)
Myvalver 89 GTi Grey mk2 16v
Yuppy Flu 91 GTi Flash Red Sportline

Golf mk1 owner's club on Spotify

Mk1 golf owners club playlist: Golf mk1 owner's club playlist - YouTube

Back to the top
Took the old girl down for the second mot she's had since being back on the road, all good, really pleased and the garage even let me give the underside a wipe over, once they were done……..good times!!!

Back to the top

isaact4 said

Took the old girl down for the second mot she's had since being back on the road, all good, really pleased and the garage even let me give the underside a wipe over, once they were done……..good times!!!

:wub:
I wish the top of my car was that clean 

Follow me on Instagram, scottyr_mk1golf

Back to the top

Kenneth Cartwright said

Took snowy fishing..he's not so clean on driving in mud. 20151222_081539.jpg
To "The caster" fitted car cover"wife bought for xmas" also run extension cable to a dehumidifier hopefully to minimise rain damage 

Fishing or Rallying?! or rallying for fish?! :lol:

Back to the top
Drove snowy into retford and around the only hills in the area… burnt some fuel. Lol. No power not great sound system. But still got some young uns pointing at the old boy. 

On the drive

Back to the top
Stripped the old carpet out in preparation for adding a new layer of Dynamat Superlite followed by under carpet felt set with a nice new carpet on top!  :$

Last edit: by CraigSherriff

1990 - Cabriolet GTI 1.8 (DX)

Back to the top
Fitted a new waterpump and thermostat today…. a nice easy job.

Sorry, no pics :lol:

Back to the top

Re: What did you do to your MK1 today?

Opened the bonnet to charge the battery to find it had been Vorsprung Durk Knicked…then felt really bad for leaving it for 12 years with no love.

59 views (48 Kb)

Back to the top
Temporarily repaired a corroded and crusty passenger side indicated unit. The wet weather is playing havoc with surface water everywhere.
Andy

Back to the top
played "move the cars round the drive,then try squeeze car into garage" sick of car cover blowing off i decided to try fit 1 golf into my wood/coal bunker garage.. lol i forgot that 5 yrs ago i made brick wood store inside. i ended up having to put floor mats on bumpers and reversing till hit wall to get garage door shut.  still at least in semi dry now

On the drive

Back to the top
Had Young Line transported to local garage as could not get it started (been sitting for 5 years!) New fuel pump, new battery, new dist cap, rotor, plugs, timing belt and away he went! Got 2nd hand LHD wiper motor to fit, new discs, new rear drum kit with shoes and all the cables, plus new rear brake pipes. Needs a new rear box on the exhaust and the front lights need sorting, then it goes in for an MOT. Once I have that and renew the insurance I can get a UK registration number for it. Just a new hood and some body work to be done along with a general tidy up, put his new boots on and he should be ready for his drive to Spain! Found the side decals on a website in France! As per Pic!  Does anyone know of any other Yong Lines in the UK?
Cheers young line.JPG

1992 Red 'Sportline' LHD from France now in Spain,
1991 White' Young Line' GTI LHD from Germany that I can not take to Spain because of Brexit!😒

Back to the top

Denia said

Had Young Line transported to local garage as could not get it started (been sitting for 5 years!) New fuel pump, new battery, new dist cap, rotor, plugs, timing belt and away he went! Got 2nd hand LHD wiper motor to fit, new discs, new rear drum kit with shoes and all the cables, plus new rear brake pipes. Needs a new rear box on the exhaust and the front lights need sorting, then it goes in for an MOT. Once I have that and renew the insurance I can get a UK registration number for it. Just a new hood and some body work to be done along with a general tidy up, put his new boots on and he should be ready for his drive to Spain! Found the side decals on a website in France! As per Pic!  Does anyone know of any other Yong Lines in the UK?
Cheers young line.JPG

Denia

Can't say I've ever seen these stickers before but they look very aftermarket ones!

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top

Golf Cabrio said

Denia said

Cheers young line.JPG

Denia

Can't say I've ever seen these stickers before but they look very aftermarket ones!

Hi these are the Young Line logos on the car they were created as the last of the GTi cabbies were being sold off. Mine matches all the numbers from VW, I must admit the interior design and colouring is an acquired taste! Much prefer the Sport Line!!  :thumbs:

1992 Red 'Sportline' LHD from France now in Spain,
1991 White' Young Line' GTI LHD from Germany that I can not take to Spain because of Brexit!😒

Back to the top
image.jpg

Tried sorting out this funny ticking sound that started after I installed the 4-2-1 ss manifold! Anyone else had an issue like this? Would you use the separate little gaskets or a combined jobby with the 4 holes? I'm worried the guy who sold me the manifold gave me the wrong gasket and I've got to send the car for mot soon 😬

👉2001 Citi Golf Sonic Edition 1.6i 100bhp👈

Back to the top
Made a list of parts to replace on my latest.
Horn. wipers and wash hoses battery. Seat lift surround trim.
Window winders. Exhaust ..etc..
And began to sob when the back plate to the door striker pin slowly detached from the tape holding it and rapidly plunged down into the pillar…..
Dunk.
Any ideas how I can get this back up .
Have strong magnet and stronger tape at the ready..

What's next?
Mk1 second project cabriolet
MK1 first project cabriolet

Back to the top
Does the seatbelt bottom fixing go into the bottom of the pillar?  Can't quite remembering it does or just into the inner sill, but if it does may be easier to get out if the bolt hole is big enough.

Option two get another used backing plate?

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Going to try magnet and fishing technique.
Because it's too cold to unclick anything plastic.

What's next?
Mk1 second project cabriolet
MK1 first project cabriolet

Back to the top

Does this count as doing something

53 views (257 Kb)

1986 Cabriolet (long resto!)
1983 Cabriolet (daily pain in the bum)
1983 T25 (weekend pain in the bum)

Follow us on:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/

Banner

Back to the top
Out and about in snowy..leaky roof and wet bum...but fun nevertheless. Cars are made to drive so out he goes..retford.blyth.A1 fun run...chilli peppers in the cd..

On the drive

Back to the top
Found filler… Lots of filler… So much filler!

There are too many online users to list.