Skip navigation

What did you do to your MK1 today?

Back to the top

What did you do to your MK1 today?

Today I used clay bar for the first time. Followed by polish wax and red mist…

Back to the top
Re-assembled and refitted powder coated rear beam complete with new bushes, brake cylinders, brake pipe and wheel bearings.

Before

After

Thanks to Graham for doing all the hard work.

Back to the top
Off SORN and taxed today, first drive for ages!

Booked in to Longlife Exhausts at Bridport on Thursday for a new cat-back system.

Yay!!!

Back to the top
Fitting new rad and temp indicator in Clipper today,  in preparation for Southern area meeting in Brighton on Saturday! Fitted new spots to Sportline in Spain last week. Its all go! :cool: http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/Paulgilbert56/media/SportlineMarch2014_zpsbd50662b.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

1992 Red 'Sportline' LHD from France now in Spain,
1991 White' Young Line' GTI LHD from Germany that I can not take to Spain because of Brexit!😒

Back to the top
Drove it to work for the first time in 7 years with a massive smile on my face :D

1983 White cabriolet GTi

Back to the top
After passing her MOT with no advisories embarrassing the saxo/106 owners there who all got fails  ^_^ I decided to crack on with painting her new shoes

Just need the paint the other two then finish the polishing  :thumbs:

'83 1.3 Golf Driver GT - Project thread
Instagram - matt.semp

Back to the top
Re-fitted the wiper mechanism after previously stripping it down and giving it a good greasing. Also fitted refurbished wiper arms! Managed to get the heater fan motor blowing. Luckily it was a case of giving the spade connecters a good clean up and it fired up! Good job as that was my auto electrical skills exhausted! Also stuck the black sticker on the back panel and refitted the number plate. Booked in for MOT on Friday. Parp. 

Back to the top
Deleted - can't get image to load,

Last edit: by WeegieBob

Back to the top

Over the last week, but only just figured out how to post images - new wheels & tyres, then lowered (a&p) suspension. Just need to get the rear arches rolled next. :)

Back to the top
Very nice Bob  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Thanks Andy - I'm really enjoying this 'journey', so different to my last classic. :)

Back to the top
Bob, that could my cars' 'twin'  O_o

I've changed the colour a tad, but yours certainly does sit well.

Back to the top
Great minds Craig. ;)

Thanks - I'm really pleased with the drop, it looked like it was standing on its tip-toes before I fitted the kit.

Back to the top
Got it MOT'd pass with no advisories. Ready for the summer now.

1985 Cabriolet GL

Back to the top
fitted my new clutch cable..only to discover that the usual bulkhead repair panel isn't actually a panel at all......some balloon has bodged it with what can only be described as laminated tin foil...aaaargh

Back to the top
Oh gutted! Does that mean you're off the road?

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
well yes..but hopefully not for too long…I`ve found a place just near me that does them but being evening he wasn't open so won`t actually know till tomorrow wether he has one or not,but he`ll defo get me one for Monday anyway so not too bad really

Back to the top
That's not so bad to live with ;)

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Fixed rusted and seized rear brake cylinder on Cabrio for MOT fail :(

Other side failed 2 years ago. Lack of use over winter and putting away in garage after washing and hosing it down during summer?

One of the Allen head bolts was already mangled and I ended up drilling it out.

Hope it passes, MOT guy said new rules mean that brakes have to be very evenly in balance now too.

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
Took it to Santa Pod yesterday and ran a best time of 14.2 and a best speed of 106mph

There are too many online users to list.