Skip navigation

What did you do to your MK1 today?

Back to the top

What did you do to your MK1 today?

cabfan said

CraigSherriff said

cabfan said

got my insurance down to sub £90.. :party:  :party:

What!!? Who was this with if you don't mind me asking??

that was with Peter Taylor/Bishop Calway..found out today that I can actually add my other half on there too FOC ! 01273 329307..spoke to a woman called Judy..very helpful  :thumbs:

Thank you kindly, will call this weekend as mines up middle of Fe :o

1990 - Cabriolet GTI 1.8 (DX)

Back to the top
Fitted fuel tank, also fitted a new pump and accumulator and associated brackets. Got new fuel lines fettled up too. Give it a quick wipe over too.  C:\fakepath\image.jpg

Back to the top
Wow, that looks great Spen  :cool:

Have you seen the thread about having a display of silver MK1's at the AGM this year?  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Started gathering all the bits together that I plan on fitting in about a week;
Hood pivot covers, chrome window winders, chrome door pulls. Hood release handles, black lining and vinyl for renovating the boot of the cabby, filler neck replacement, exhaust manifold and down pipe change, armour plates, gear linkages, the list seems endless, oh and a new set of seats.

1985 Cabriolet GL

Back to the top
Cheers Hairyarse ! Unfortunately that's her most flattering angle! There's some work to be done before she's display worthy! Will have a read though. I'm watching your resto with interest, very impressive!

Back to the top

Spen said

Cheers Hairyarse ! Unfortunately that's her most flattering angle! There's some work to be done before she's display worthy! Will have a read though. I'm watching your resto with interest, very impressive!

Cheers chap, decent of you ;)

I'm sure yours will have no issue sitting on the display, it's a MK1 and it's silver - that's the only criteria  :thumbs:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Tightened mirror bolt (Chrome Mirrors) as they kept moving in high winds / high speeds etc… Hopefully I've adjusted enough for them to hold now.

Checked coolant and Oil (Again)

Hoovered the car before it starting raining (Again)

If it's nice tomorrow I'm hoping to get out and try and adjust the door that's dropped a little :thumbs:

Back to the top
Fitted GTI brakes up front to my CL
 Cleaned out all the poop in my door and boot shuts
Nipped up all the loose nuts and bolts in and around the car
Washed it,  polished it,  waxed it and trial fitted a froends D90 wheels in the hope my ebay stuff sells

Mashed haphazardly from my Tablet,  thats why i mispell sometimes,  im not an utter pleb,  or are i?

Back to the top
Managed to strip the interior knee bar, door cards etc... Ready for new alarm, immobiliser and other goodies : )

Back to the top
Getting the Engine Room painted before the rest of the car.

VW Golf Mk 1
VW Lupo

Back to the top
Insured my first ever mk1 golf!! :lol:

Last edit: by butcher103

Alex Butcher - V5 powered MK1!  :ocf_emoticons__borg:

Back to the top

butcher103 said

Insured my first ever golf!! :lol:

:thumbs:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Had my new alarm and immobiliser fitted… Now have remote central locking to :thumbs:

Back to the top
painted the towbar on the cabby.fitted the new vw towbar plug and wiring from ebay
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
Today I've done nothing and it's made me sad :(

1985 Cabriolet GL

Back to the top
Have left Clipper at mother-in-laws in Selsey over the winter while I work on the Young Line at home. Going down there to make sure he is all tucked up and snug after the storms! Ordering clear spots for the Sport Line in Spain today…..well spring is just round the corner!!  :lol:

1992 Red 'Sportline' LHD from France now in Spain,
1991 White' Young Line' GTI LHD from Germany that I can not take to Spain because of Brexit!😒

Back to the top
Fixed remote central locking - Wire had come loose! :(Rewired in drivers side courtesy switch - All lights now working :)Replaced damaged rear indicator bulb - :)Re-installed stereo after full strip down for alarm install - :)Replaced damaged bolster patch from duck tape to a glued on colour matched patch - :)Then got upset because the weather is pants and I can't drive it !!

Back to the top
Fitted new powder coated wiper arms and new headlight loom, only small problem is the battery is dead so thats now on charge, otherwise I'd be out right now with the roof down enjoying the first bit of sun I've seen in weeks.

Back to the top

Fathammer said

Fitted new powder coated wiper arms and new headlight loom, only small problem is the battery is dead so thats now on charge, otherwise I'd be out right now with the roof down enjoying the first bit of sun I've seen in weeks.

Sorry 'Fathammer' did you say "sun"?
I don't know what your smoking but I'll have a packet, "sun"!  :lol:

Ah I get it now, National Geographic, turn the telly off.  :thumbs:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Definitely been a cracking weekend, finally took her out of hibernation and sorted the height adjustment on the TT seats that I'd been meaning to do for long enough (had to take seats out, stand on and rock backwards and forwards but worked a treat) and since managed to get that fixed removed the Momo Nero steering wheel and fitted a nice larger more in keeping with a 30 year old car Italvolanti wheel… then went for a blast.  Great fun… 
There are too many online users to list.