Skip navigation

OLD - Guess the Asking Price 'GAP' of MK1's in Austria, 'SEASON 1 to 3' 2013-2016.

Back to the top

MK1's for sale in Austria.

Got that one very wrong, well worthy of a double pointer I think.  Very well done to the top three.  Not sure where we are now with this, first ones seemed bit below UK prices but this one seems more like what people are "expecting" for their cars over here.

Might put my guess in for tomorrow's car now , see if I am more accurate!

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
BANG!!!!!
Straight in there with that one this morning Mike, no waiting until 10am.  :ninja:
Well done dubboy
Well done to 2nd and 3rd too.  :thumbs:
Looks like I need to retire from this sport! Not doing too well this season and might even get to sit on the sub bench the way I'm playing  :'(

Goly The Golf, a 1983 5dr 1.3cl having a full resto.
Cherub, a 1985 Mk2 Polo Breadvan.
1995 Rover Mini Sprite (wife's daily)

Back to the top

GolyTheGolf said

BANG!!!!!
Straight in there with that one this morning Mike, no waiting until 10am.  :ninja:
Well done dubboy
Well done to 2nd and 3rd too.  :thumbs:
Looks like I need to retire from this sport! Not doing too well this season and might even get to sit on the sub bench the way I'm playing  :'(

GolyTheGolf
Don't give up yet mate there's a long, long way to go in the season yet.
As we saw in the past two seasons, the early leaders have tended to drop away towards the end of the season.

But the double pointers are a League changer and no mistake, one player jumped about 8 places in one week!  :thumbs:

Back to the top
I was thinking the same thing golf Cabrio

It's all downhill from here!

lhasa green 83 gti tintop MOT passed Aug '14 after nearly 12 years!
Audi A6 3.0 tdi Avant Quattro Le Mans 305bhp 

Back to the top
Okay, got your breath back I hope so time to look at how the League Table stands as of this morning.

5.JPG

dubboy Made a massive move this week climbing 8 places from 10th to 2nd, good win that!  :thumbs:
ppc229w Is staying consistent with scoring but slides one place to 2nd.  :)
jinjar However has moved mountains in terms of places going from down in 19th place all the way up to 3rd.  :king:
sweetmk1dub Moves a very respectable 5 places from 9th to 4th.  :ocf_emoticons__eusa_clap:

I honestly thought that one was a very difficult car to get a feeling for, it's a 50/50 for me.  :ocf_emoticons__dontknow:
It might be a better or worse once you get up close and personal to it, my feeling is the latter.

So really well done the winners this week  :ocf_emoticons__eusa_clap: and well lets see what tomorrow's car brings!  :thumbs:

Back to the top
So looking at that table and the total points section, I'm actually joint 9th  :thumbs:
Along with 15 other people  :lol:

Goly The Golf, a 1983 5dr 1.3cl having a full resto.
Cherub, a 1985 Mk2 Polo Breadvan.
1995 Rover Mini Sprite (wife's daily)

Back to the top

GolyTheGolf said

So looking at that table and the total points section, I'm actually joint 9th  :thumbs:
Along with 15 other people  :lol:

So you're doing better than my club Liverpool and a darn sight better than Chelsea mate!  :lol:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
well done to this weeks winners

Back to the top

Guess the price 'GAP' of MK1's in Austria 'Season 3' is underway!

Golf Cabrio said

Okay, got your breath back I hope so time to look at how the League Table stands as of this morning.

5.JPG

dubboy Made a massive move this week climbing 8 places from 10th to 2nd, good win that!  :thumbs:
ppc229w Is staying consistent with scoring but slides one place to 2nd.  :)

ppc229w is first might, leave that one in for the bloopers

1986 Cabriolet (long resto!)
1983 Cabriolet (daily pain in the bum)
1983 T25 (weekend pain in the bum)

Follow us on:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/

Banner

Back to the top
Heh cheeky… I'll settle for that :) nice work everyone good efforts :)  

Back to the top

jinjar said

Heh cheeky… I'll settle for that :) nice work everyone good efforts :)  

Yes really good shout that jinjar on an awkward car like that!  :thumbs:

Back to the top
I don't think I've reached the dizzy heights of 4th since season 1.
Well done all

Back to the top

sweetmk1dub said

I don't think I've reached the dizzy heights of 4th since season 1.
Well done all

Keep it up mate!  :thumbs:

Important!
In the next match coming up in a couple of hours there's something about this car that made think "Oh I so much want to buy that!"

It's not the price, model, colour, mileage or something like that.
It's something very unusual about this car.  :ninja:

So I've decided to play a bonus points game just for that.

Now if anyone can tell me what it is I will give them a massive 3 BONUS POINTS!  :thumbs:
In a day or so if no one has got it I'll give a little hint and it will be 2 bonus points.
If no one gets it then, another hint and 1 bonus point.
(1st to get it takes the points)

So see if you can work out what it is?   :)

FYI
36thcrazyfist

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!
Important!

Back to the top
Morning all, hope you all slept well and had a nice lay in this morning.  ;)

So onto this weeks match and for this we are back in Austria and apart from the bonus game above we are back to the normal points system.

5a.JPG

Description

For sale is a Golf 1 in absolute top condition!
95% original paint.
Absolutely no rust.
-Diplomatenfahrzeug 'Diplomatic car' tax has been paid.
Absolutely original condition and has not been messed with other than the front indicator lens.
Only selling because of lack of space.
Fixed price.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

So that's it, you now know as much as I do but what's the 'Asking Price'?    :ocf_emoticons__dontknow:
Good luck!     :thumbs:

Back to the top
Jetta dash?
Also arch extensions on a LS are wrong
Not 95% original paint or bumpers either

Banner

Back to the top
And missing chrome trim on grille and tailgate

Banner

Back to the top
No rear wiper

Banner

Back to the top
Think dubboy has nailed it with the dash, but just in case - is it lack of cigarette lighter meaning more chance it's a non smoker owner?

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Well guys all I know is and I've mentioned this before that the specs do vary somewhat over here and elsewhere in comparison to the UK.
I'm not saying your wrong or anything but I've seen enough evidence over the years to suggest that it might be the way it came.  :ocf_emoticons__dontknow:

The other thing is it was a Foreign Diplomat's car, so who knows where it came from in the world!  ;)
There are too many online users to list.