Skip navigation

OLD - Guess the Asking Price 'GAP' of MK1's in Austria, 'SEASON 1 to 3' 2013-2016.

Back to the top

MK1's for sale in Austria.

I reckon judging by the size of his signature photo, Swerve is missing his MK1  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Great to see the team at the the NEC in Birmingham today, GAP was the talk of the stand! :thumbs:

1992 Red 'Sportline' LHD from France now in Spain,
1991 White' Young Line' GTI LHD from Germany that I can not take to Spain because of Brexit!😒

Back to the top
Sent you my guess Si..Cheers

Banner

Back to the top
Well news is filtering through to me that this week's results are very close indeed.  :ninja:
So chat amongst yourselves and I'll get back to you all in a little while with an update.  :thumbs:

Back to the top

Golf Cabrio said

Well news is filtering through to me that this week's results are very close indeed.  :ninja:So chat amongst yourselves and I'll get back to you all in a little while with an update.  :thumbs:
Does that mean Si has not surfaced from his hotel room when he should be at the NEC :lol:

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top

Guess the price 'GAP' of MK1's in Austria 'Season 3' is underway!

No I'm alive Ant, just… One of our members won an award, Dave Milligan with his driver, for "best contribution by a youngster" so we drank a lot of free wine… A little fragile I guess haha

1986 Cabriolet (long resto!)
1983 Cabriolet (daily pain in the bum)
1983 T25 (weekend pain in the bum)

Follow us on:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/

Banner

Back to the top

ant5 said

Golf Cabrio said

Well news is filtering through to me that this week's results are very close indeed.  :ninja:So chat amongst yourselves and I'll get back to you all in a little while with an update.  :thumbs:
Does that mean Si has not surfaced from his hotel room when he should be at the NEC :lol:

No I think he made it, someone said he just poured himself through the entrance and is still very relaxed.  :sick:

Not suggesting for one minute that the 4th official had a skin full last night!  ;)  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Morning everyone and survivors if there are any this morning at the Classic Car Show, NEC 2015.  ;)

Oh that was so close this week I just didn't expect that, for example 3rd place was a mere £78 off the Asking Price.
That's impressive under the circumstances!  ;)  :ocf_emoticons__eusa_clap:  :ocf_emoticons__eusa_clap:  :ocf_emoticons__eusa_clap:

Car No. 3
The 'Asking Price' was £3,462 or €4,500

1.jpg

So onto the results.

1st Place            ppc229w                                            £ 3,500     :ocf_emoticons__notworthy:
2nd Place              MJV79                                                   £ 3,400     :ocf_emoticons__eusa_dance:         
3rd Place                  easternkris                                             £3,540       :ocf_emoticons__alright:

As Si the 4th official is at the NEC and is doing all of this on the fly for us I don't have the averages yet but when things calm down we'll bring them to you. That could be interesting this week, anyhow back later with the league table!  :)

Back to the top
the pre-season training has paid off...woohoo haha well done to the rest of the winners

Back to the top
Well done to the winners, we should have someone new at the top of the table this week ppc229w I think?

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top

Guess the price 'GAP' of MK1's in Austria 'Season 3' is underway!

Woohooooo! 2nd! I'm happy with that! Think I'll celebrate with a beer! It is 9.40pm here!

Back to the top
Richard you stole my thunder!  :lol:

Okay, I've got to go and wash my car because it looks like poo but before I go.
Who is interested in a 'Double Pointer' tomorrow morning and what does that mean?  :thumbs:

Well it means the top 3 will get double points.
All bonus points will be double.

Things are changing in the table but when I throw in the double pointer cars you can be sure it can turn the table on its head.
But that's half the fun and I do about 6 double pointers per season!  :thumbs:

These bonus points don't come for free, the car will be hard to price or will it.  O_o  :lol:

Right off to do my car in the sun but the only problem is I'm wearing a good pair of trousers this morning.  :(

Back to the top
Chicken dinner!!

My first win, bring on the double pointer golf Cabrio

lhasa green 83 gti tintop MOT passed Aug '14 after nearly 12 years!
Audi A6 3.0 tdi Avant Quattro Le Mans 305bhp 

Back to the top

MJV79 said

Woohooooo! 2nd! I'm happy with that! Think I'll celebrate with a beer! It is 9.40pm here!

Yes well done mate and you were only three draught Foster's from a bonus point for being within £50 of the Asking Price! :)

Back to the top
Great price for that car..next please 

On the drive
T25 Diesel…sameoldblueshi£ (currently under resto)
Rocco gt2….1990 secret 2…(currently under resto)
Mk4 99 1.8t indigo blue Gti with 43k miles
Caster 93 clipper JH Green cabby
Snowy 91 GTi White cabby( sat waiting for inspiration)
Myvalver 89 GTi Grey mk2 16v
Yuppy Flu 91 GTi Flash Red Sportline

Golf mk1 owner's club on Spotify

Mk1 golf owners club playlist: Golf mk1 owner's club playlist - YouTube

Back to the top
So I guess we will go for a double pointer tomorrow. 
But please remember it might not be as easy as you think!   ;)

Now due to unforseen circumstances for example, I'm out this evening the new car might be posted a little later than normal but I'll do my best to load it about 9:00am U.K time. 

See ya tomorrow!  ;)

Back to the top
Well done to the winners, much close this week, thanks heavens for the bonus points is all I can say :lol:

Banner

Back to the top
Morning all.
Right then while I go off to the changing room to get my kit on you've got time to look at the league table standing as of yesterday.

4.JPG

As predicted by Richard we do indeed have a new leader at the top ppc229w  :ocf_emoticons__eusa_clap:

Well done to all the winners this week because as I said, I thought that car was a really difficult car to price!  :ocf_emoticons__eusa_clap:

So I'll be back in a while with this weeks car and don't forget it's a DOUBLE POINTER so even someone lower down the table can jump up into the tops places with a good guess.  ;)  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Okay, so we are technically playing on foreign soil again this week as we travel one hour down the road from me to Hungary.
Remember it is a DOUBLE POINTER game so any points you score including any bonus points I pass out will be double, so let's get this game underway!  :thumbs:  

A lot of pictures in this one!  :o

Car No. 4

car 4.JPG

Description

Purchase an original golf1 GTI, 1.8, 112PS, DX
Car has repainted (original colour code) Hungarian registered.
Superb TECNICAL state, absolutely no rust and completely original.

(No mention of an MOT but I think Hungary like Austria you can't have a number plate without an MOT and insurance)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg
21.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg

So that's it, you now know as much as I do, so what's the 'Asking Price'?  :ocf_emoticons__dontknow:
Good luck!  :)

Back to the top
Morning Mike, I I'll go first this time I'm going £2450 looks a modest example the owner seems to be taking the right pictures of the right areas.
Scirocco front seats need to go in the bin, but the wear seems to be right with mileage.

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)
There are too many online users to list.