Skip navigation

OLD - Guess the Asking Price 'GAP' of MK1's in Austria, 'SEASON 1 to 3' 2013-2016.

Back to the top

MK1's for sale in Austria.

Is it the warning light on the dash that tells you when to put your Christmas tree up?
Could it be that there are no pictures of the passenger side of the vehicle or the engine bay???
 O_o

Goly The Golf, a 1983 5dr 1.3cl having a full resto.
Cherub, a 1985 Mk2 Polo Breadvan.
1995 Rover Mini Sprite (wife's daily)

Back to the top

GGIFA said

Is it a double pointer as we have two white golfs to GAP.

£2,035 for the one with the red soft top.

£2,750 for the white tin top with blue leather interior.

:thumbs:
I'll sort you out later when I've got more computing power!  :lol:

Back to the top
Hi am I missing something as I have only seen the Orid tin top from Hungary? Cheers

1992 Red 'Sportline' LHD from France now in Spain,
1991 White' Young Line' GTI LHD from Germany that I can not take to Spain because of Brexit!😒

Back to the top
Denia

I was being a bit cheeky.

Logged in to find out last weeks result and at top of page 93 was the white soft top it took me aback and I thought Oh!

Later on I logged in and saw the other car. But for fun put in a low GAP for both.

After posting the GAP I did concern me that I might get points deducted for being disrespectful to Golfcabrio's car.

Back to the top

Denia said

Hi am I missing something as I have only seen the Orid tin top from Hungary? Cheers

Thats the one, just the Westie goulash for this week.

The only dodgy white MK1 with a red roof I know is 'Scrat' …… Mikes motor  :thumbs:  or should I say Mikes bumper car.  O_o

Back to the top

GGIFA said

Denia

I was being a bit cheeky.

Logged in to find out last weeks result and at top of page 93 was the white soft top it took me aback and I thought Oh!

Later on I logged in and saw the other car. But for fun put in a low GAP for both.

After posting the GAP I did concern me that I might get points deducted for being disrespectful to Golfcabrio's car.

Not as disrespectful as I've just been, if I had any points I think I'd be losing them all now  :o

Back to the top
Ok Thanks thought I was losing the plot..... :thumbs:

1991 White' Young Line' GTI LHD from Germany that I can not take to Spain because of Brexit!😒

Back to the top

Fathammer said

Denia said

Thats the one, just the Westie goulash for this week.

The only dodgy white MK1 with a red roof I know is 'Scrat' …… Mikes motor  :thumbs:  or should I say Mikes bumper car.  O_o

This is not aimed at you Denia

Oh are you guys in for it big time! 
Now you've hurt my feelings, you really don't want to be hurting my feelings trust me! O_o  :thumbs:

Fathammer I'll deal with you later.  :thumbs:

First ever yellow card of GAP 1 or 2 for GGIFA

I'd like to give Fathammer a red one but he's a Referee as well, cheeky begger!  ;0)

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top

ew said

Diesels do have a form of choke, a lever that advances the fuel pump timing by 5 degrees to help with cold starting.  That one however is not in the right place or right type for an original one unless they're different for rabbits.

Seems odd that a vdo gauge has "les diesel fuel only"  maybe for the canadian market?

Well that's 1 bonus point for ew as he seems to know what he's talking about and I don't know enough to disagree!  :lol:  :thumbs:

FYI
Fathammer  

Back to the top
FACT……. If you own a Diesel you have a choice of fuel colour you can purchase  :thumbs: makes it more interesting   :ninja: :ninja:   :ninja:  :ninja:

91Jreg Sportline (now gone) For now 88 Ereg Mk2 16v (monza blue ) (now its gone too)Numerous mk1 tintops I  should never have sold 😰  Oh and a TDI  Touran as a daily ….latest toy mk5 Gti (showing my age) had to go serious money pit ,now cruising a Caddy Van

Back to the top

Denia said

Ok Thanks thought I was losing the plot….. :thumbs:

Denia for being so sporting about the dirty tricks that you have been drawn into, so I award you 2 bonus points!  :thumbs:

FYI Fathammer   :lol:  

Back to the top
Have you been on the happy pills again Mike ?  :thumbs:

Back to the top

Fathammer said

Oh no, don't try to be nice to me like that!  :lol:

Back to the top

golfcabrio said

Fathammer said

Oh no, don't try to be nice to me like that!  :lol:

I was just wondering given the bonus point count for this week, its like Christmas all over again  :christmas:  

Back to the top
Thanks! But I did think I was losing it and that Shady Pines was the next stop for me and the Clipper!  Cheers :lol:  

Back to the top

golfcabrio said

watson said

£3800 for me this week please. Trying to read between the lines and picking up on your comment 'doesn't sit well with me' Mike. Could this be a clue for a bonus point.  Is it something to do with the suspension as the car seems a little on the high side, or maybe something to do with the seats ?

watson
Not seen anything that's jumped out at me regarding the suspension or seats but there's something else.
Which maybe nothing at all but it was a reddish flag for me if not completely red!

Keep looking.  :thumbs:

Maybe the tank is full of red diesel if thats what they use in Hungary. Possably not allowed for road use in Austria as in the UK.  Those rear lights are massive.

Back to the top
Is the RED that's concerning you the red Alarm warning light on the dashboard?  Wouldn't have expected it to show if the ignition is off, couldn't find any reference on rabbit forums to a standard fit burglar alarm, so is it a warning system for something else?

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top

RichardHall said

Is the RED that's concerning you the red Alarm warning light on the dashboard?  Wouldn't have expected it to show if the ignition is off, couldn't find any reference on rabbit forums to a standard fit burglar alarm, so is it a warning system for something else?

I must admit I can't work out what sort of alarm that is either, so anyone that can give a definitive answer to that will get a Bonus Point!  :thumbs:

But there's still something else that bugging me, although it might be very minor.  O_o

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
I thought the term 'how low can you go' related to the ride height of the suspension not the bumper height !!! It may be the US regulations at that time but looks odd to my eyes.

Speedo tops out at 85mph is this Spinal Tap thinking. Speed limit is 55 my car can go to 85 dude wow.

I appreciate the gearing in top is unknown but I would have thought 85 was a bit on the low side or is this also just complying with US regulations at that time?   

Back to the top
Hi with reference to the red Warning Alarm light, a friend of mine in Spain has an American import cabriolet, I have driven it a couple of times and the alarm light comes on and makes a noise if the keys are in the ignition and a door is open. I think it also does it if the seat belt is not engaged. Hope that helps? I will ask him to have a look at the pictures. Still think its Orid!!Cheers :thumbs:   

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.