Skip navigation

OLD - Guess the Asking Price 'GAP' of MK1's in Austria, 'SEASON 1 to 3' 2013-2016.

Back to the top

MK1's for sale in Austria.

Fathammer said

golfcabrio said

MaxVW said

I've been point shorted :lol:

I've guessed for every car!

I'll let Fathammer look at that because I haven't got a clue about MS Excel, it gives me a migraine just starting the program!  :dry:
We'll iron out the wrinkles as we go.  :thumbs:  

Then I dock you one point for pointing it out, one for being right and one point if your wrong.
That works for me, oh the power feels real good!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  ;)

Only kidding mate.  :thumbs:

I've had a check back through the previous posts and MaxVW missed the first weeks guesses (the Red and Green tin tops) but has been ever present since.
Sorry mate, a nice try to gain an extra point but you've been rumbled.  Good luck for this week  :thumbs:

That will teach me to check before I moan! :lol: :lol:

I'd have bet my life I guessed!

I can only apologise :lol:

Back to the top
MaxVW,

You nearly scored an own goal there and been given a yellow card for decent!  :lol:

But no harm done.  :thumbs:

Back to the top

golfcabrio said

MaxVW,

You nearly scored an own goal there and been given a yellow card for decent!  :lol:

But no harm done.  :thumbs:

:lol:

I remember now, I had my prices in my head but went to the next page and the results were out already! :whistle:

Back to the top
Anyone else fancy a go at 'Guess the asking Price'.

I'll post up the results at some point tomorrow but I'm not sure it will not be my usual time of around 10:00am.
I'm off to a 50th Birthday Party tonight and might have a pain in my head from smelling the vapours of other peoples alcoholic drinks.
As I don't partake in such Evil habits myself!  :lol:

But seriously wish us luck, that's me and I thought I'd take my liver out for a special treat.  :thumbs:
'Fathammer', if you could double check my results tomorrow as I think the others are going to be calling for a 'Video Review'!  O_o  :thumbs:

Back to the top

golfcabrio said

Anyone else fancy a go at 'Guess the asking Price'.

I'll post up the results at some point tomorrow but I'm not sure it will not be my usual time of around 10:00am.
I'm off to a 50th Birthday Party tonight and might have a pain in my head from smelling the vapours of other peoples alcoholic drinks.
As I don't partake in such Evil habits myself!  :lol:

But seriously wish us luck, that's me and I thought I'd take my liver out for a special treat.  :thumbs:
'Fathammer', if you could double check my results tomorrow as I think the others are going to be calling for a 'Video Review'!  O_o  :thumbs:

No probs - I'll take a look but I can't promise I won't be in a similar state myself come Saturday morning. It is a Friday night after all !!

Back to the top
My guess is €2890 or there abouts!  ;)

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
For anyone remotely interested in whether we survived my friends 50th Birthday Party last night.
We got home home at 4:00am (it started at 7), not the last to leave and we are in recovery mode.
Although my liver may need to spend some days on Rehab!  O_o

Moving on.
Well this little car has an asking price of € 1,650,- or £1,380.-
For what it's worth and if I was in the market I'd say that was a far price overall but wouldn't want to pay that of course.  :thumbs:

So onto the results.
1st Place ' smudger' with € 1,600,-  :ocf_emoticons__lmao:
2nd Place 'Sweetmk1dub' with € 1,550,-  :ocf_emoticons__eusa_dance:
3rd Place 'ant5' with € 1,850,-  :ocf_emoticons__alright:
(Fathammer had a price of € 1,450,- also € 200,- off the asking price but as 'ant5' posted his first he gets 3rd place)

So there you have it.
Now if we were to take an average of the prices put forward we have the following result:
€1,966,- or £1,380,- compared to the asking price of € 1,650,-

I think that when the League Table is published we could see quite a change around the top but we'll have to wait and see.
Tomorrows car will be a bit more of a challenge and it's worth pointing out that I WILL be throwing in one or two cars that will shock you and make you laugh at the same time!  :lol:

Back to nursing my hangover  :S

Back to the top
OMG how close was that.

Such a lucky guess on my part :lol:

Enjoy the hangover Mike ;)

Back to the top

smudger said

OMG how close was that.

Such a lucky guess on my part :lol:

Enjoy the hangover Mike ;)

Well done smudger!  :thumbs:
My hangover?  O_o  

Back to the top
You said you had a hangover in your last post?

Back to the top
Thanks for the results, can't wait for the next one. And a third, come on league table where are you.

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
Ok at least I have a clear head now!   :cool:

It think the new League Table might be a little late this week as I believe 'Fathammer' is going to the 'Wheeler Dealers' meet.
Not to worry, I'll post up the next car later this morning so you can all get your teeth into that while you wait for the new table to be posted.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Well car No. 8 speaks for itself, loud and clear.

Needles to say but this is not going to be bought cheaply.
In fact I'd say your going to need a wallet about the size of an Elephants 'Scrotum' and just as specious!  :thumbs:

VW Golf GLS 3dr Limousine 1981 in white

Mileage 42,043Km's or 26,124 Miles.
Year 04.1981
Power (kW) 51
Used condition
Fuel Unleaded Petrol
Manual Transmission
Drive front-wheel drive
Exterior color White
Number of doors 3

One owner with incredible 42000 km
Car in new car condition all original
Winter and Summer wheels.
Summer wheels are ATS Alloys.
Original paint and of course unwelded
Car type: Golf GLS
Number of Seats: 5
Displacement: 1457 cc
(the seller has not mentioned an MOT but you can be certain it will have a new one)  :thumbs:

So that's it, you now know as much as I do, so what's the 'Asking Price'?  :ocf_emoticons__dontknow:
We did do a whole lot better with our guesses last week but to be fair it was much more in the 'Comfort Zone' as far as money was concerned.  :thumbs:

The next 5 Members who ask to play will automatically be part of the 'Premier League Table' which runs till the end of March 2014.
You don't have to play every week but you will remain in the League for the season as it's our inaugural one.
But everyone can play of course!!!!!  :lol:

I've also got some ideas for little prizes for the top three places in the League Table at the end of the season.
Nice little momentos for all the hard work throughout the Winter!  :)

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Just back from secret location.
6000 euro and first to post

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
Nice low mileage motor - (EUR-)5750 is my guess.

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Lovely motor this week!  :thumbs:
Going with €7250

'83 1.3 Golf Driver GT - Project thread
Instagram - matt.semp

Back to the top
5200 Euros  :ocf_emoticons__dontknow:  :ocf_emoticons__dontknow:

Back to the top
Right - I'm going top dollar in this one as I think the owner considers this to be a bit 'special' € 8100

Back to the top
The 'Guess the Asking Price' League table has now been updated to include the weekends results.

We seen a big shuffle at the top, with the top four moving in both directions!
See how over such a short time how 'Fathammer's' big, big lead has been pulled back.  O_o

Now 'Sweetmk1dub' stands at the top but there's plenty of big guns waiting for their shot and more than enough time to take aim.  :lol:

So if your not involved yet, take a look at 'Car No. 8' a superb VW Golf GLS 3dr Limousine 1981 in white, Mileage 42,043Km's or 26,124 Miles and 'Guess the Asking Price'.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Thanks for sorting all this out Mike. It's turned out to be a popular game mate.  :thumbs:  :thumbs:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.