Skip navigation

Guess the Asking Price 'Season 4' competition.

Back to the top

Simply guess what the sellers asking price was for these Mk1's!

After fluking last week i'll take a stab at £9200

Back to the top
Lets go for £14995.

Back to the top
We are now in to the last remaining hours of the first double pointer. Still waiting on guesses from Hairyarse Trizcatt02 GolyTheGolf Shughy @Raul   sporttrucker and maybes a couple of more. Trying not to make any football analogies as it's a girls game. Haha 

Back to the top

Back to the top
£8975 for me! 

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
I'm having a mare this GAP. Lol

I'm gonna say against my better judgement 9150

I'm also going to plead for sympathy points as I have broken my tooth and along with it have 2 wisdom teeth coming through… you know conveniently after yonks of them doing nothing, I look like I've punched in the gob.

Currently spent the week on a roller coaster of fear for the dentist, sobbing in agony and being a bit too drugged up to sing properly… this party I'm performing at Saturday is going to be hilarious!

Obviously I'll keep you all updated about how I slur the entire 2 hour set and rely heavily on crowd participation! :D LOL

X

Kirsty "Percy" 

1988 Clipper called Ruby

www.boogiewookie.com

Back to the top

Trizcatt02 said

I'm also going to plead for sympathy points as I have broken my tooth and along with it have 2 wisdom teeth coming through… you know conveniently after yonks of them doing nothing, I look like I've punched in the gob.

Currently spent the week on a roller coaster of fear for the dentist, sobbing in agony and being a bit too drugged up to sing properly… this party I'm performing at Saturday is going to be hilarious!

Obviously I'll keep you all updated about how I slur the entire 2 hour set and rely heavily on crowd participation! :D LOL

X

Trizcatt02
Well I do have a great deal of sympathy for you because last year at the age of 52 my bottom two wisdom teeth dicided to put in an unexpected appearance.
After many weeks of shear blöödy agony I went to the dentist.
He dicided to take the hardest one first and a week later the easier one.
Well typically he got it ärse about face and I nearly throttled him.
2hrs 15mins which he spent with both hands, pliers, chisel and his right foot in my mouth! 😱

So you get my sympathy bonus point of the week, in fact the season. 😉
The season bit I've added just in case anyone else is thinking of it for next week etc.. 🤔 😉

FYI
easternkris

Sent from my Smartphone 📱

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top

Golf Cabrio said

Trizcatt02 said

X

Trizcatt02
Well I do have a great deal of sympathy for you because last year at the age of 52 my bottom two wisdom teeth dicided to put in an unexpected appearance.
After many weeks of shear blöödy agony I went to the dentist.
He dicided to take the hardest one first and a week later the easier one.
Well typically he got it ärse about face and I nearly throttled him.
2hrs 15mins which he spent with both hands, pliers, chisel and his right foot in my mouth! 😱

So you get my sympathy bonus point of the week, in fact the season. 😉
The season bit I've added just in case anyone else is thinking of it for next week etc.. 🤔 😉

FYI
easternkris

Already done, I have smashed most parts of my body over the years including head and back fractures and being allergic to all the good pain meds' make things interesting but I tell you want I would rather fracture me back again then have any sort of tooth pain it's the worst 

Back to the top
Re easternkris Chris's post above.

Ashamed as I am to say it but I got to a point where pure extract of cloves mixed with strong alcohol washing around in my mouth and prescription pain killers couldn't touch it but banging my forehead against the wall was a refreshing relief for a minute or two! 😕

None of the above is recommended, please don't do it.
At the first sign of trouble get yourself to a dentist.
Don't bűgger around! 👍🏼

https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Mike

001.JPG       

Back to the top
easternkris and golf Cabrio

Those two stories sound absolutely horrendous, but it does make me feel like less of a baby.
It's also weirdly comforting to know that I am glad I'm not the only one who sought relief by bashing my head on the wall or smashing my knee against the sink unit while howling over the basin swilling a concoction of hot salt water followed by a shot of whiskey hahaha.

My cousin also tells me she'd rather have all 5 of her kids again than have a toothache haha :D

X

Kirsty "Percy" 

1988 Clipper called Ruby

www.boogiewookie.com

Back to the top

Trizcatt02 said

easternkris and golf Cabrio

Those two stories sound absolutely horrendous, but it does make me feel like less of a baby.
It's also weirdly comforting to know that I am glad I'm not the only one who sought relief by bashing my head on the wall or smashing my knee against the sink unit while howling over the basin swilling a concoction of hot salt water followed by a shot of whiskey hahaha.

My cousin also tells me she'd rather have all 5 of her kids again than have a toothache haha :D

X

What 5 kids, not at the same time I hope! 😱😉

OLD.

Mike

001.JPG       

Back to the top

As I keep telling the wife. Toothache is worse than child birth. Try it at home the punch in the face you receive directly afterwards takes your mind of the tooth ache for a minute or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Whack me down for 6400 please 🤘

Goly The Golf, a 1983 5dr 1.3cl having a full resto.
Cherub, a 1985 Mk2 Polo Breadvan.
1995 Rover Mini Sprite (wife's daily)

Back to the top
From looking through the guesses if it comes in at £9K I think you have about 10 people joint first 😂😂

lhasa green 83 gti tintop MOT passed Aug '14 after nearly 12 years!
Audi A6 3.0 tdi Avant Quattro Le Mans 305bhp 

Back to the top
There will Be a bit of grace today for people with late guesses, not going to get a chance to finish it till around 5pm so yous have till then to get your guesses in. 

Trizcatt02 Had the root canal last year and I have honestly never had pain like it  I nearly took the tooth out me self it was that bad. 

Back to the top
Hahaha I hope she didn't mean all at once too golf Cabrio

Backinblack lol I'm sure I will also make a song and dance about childbirth too, it's a woman's rite of passage haha

And yeah easternkris I had a root canal that went wrong when I was at uni and in the end I had them knock me out and pull it, I thought I was going to die hahaha lol such a melodramatic cow, I tell you what though, being knocked out is the best thing ever, I was high as a kite!

X

Kirsty "Percy" 

1988 Clipper called Ruby

www.boogiewookie.com

Back to the top
Morning all, well that was certainly a tougher test this week hence we sweetened your success with a double pointer!  :)

So on to the results.

Week No 4

The Asking Price was £13,900

3.jpg

1st Place                    ppc229w                                               £13,131    :ocf_emoticons__notworthy:
2nd Place                     GGIFA                                                  £14,995      :ocf_emoticons__eusa_dance:         
3rd Place                         GCE799                                            £12,000     :ocf_emoticons__alright:   

So there you have it.
Now if we were to take an average of the prices put forward we have the following results.
Average Price was £7,452 (-£6,448) compared with the asking price of £13,900.

We the less said the better about the average this week but I think we all knew it was going to be a tough match.
So congratulations to the winners, I'll be back at some point this weekend with the updated league table and of course tomorrow morning with a new game!  :thumbs:  

Just a few overs left for me to read a bit more of the test match cricket from down under which is very interestingly balanced at the moment.  ;)

OLD.

Mike

001.JPG       

Back to the top
Well done to the winners. I think for tomorrow's car I might put my guess in before I see it, to give me a better chance. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top

Grrrrr. Knew I should of listened to my head over the heart.   Well done winners.

Back to the top

Backinblack said

Grrrrr. Knew I should of listened to my head over the heart.   Well done winners.

I did the same I was going to go high haha can tell you it was a shock when mike told me the price 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.