Skip navigation

CABBY PICS!

Back to the top

Show us your Cabs or pictures of your fave Cabs!

a little way to go but coming together now…

Back to the top
this is mine..

Back to the top
First Mk 1 I've bought - a lot of fun learning to talk 'Metric' as opposed to my previous classic which was a 1957 Chevy.  :cool:

Back to the top

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

mine

MK1 Golf Owners Club Official Instagram Account @vwmk1golfoc or Instagram

Send your images to ig@vwgolfmk1.org.uk and we will share them with the world!

Back to the top
Latest pic of mine with his new shoes :thumbs: WP_002369.jpg

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top
Some really nice looking cabbies on here! :wub:Mine came back on the road recently after a bit of winter TLC.
It's awesome to have it back, modern cars suck! :thumbs:

'87 Mk1 Cabby.
MK5 Golf Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Back to the top

1991 Black Sportline 1.8 GTI Cabby - gone

1983 Papyrus Green 1.5 Auto GL Cabby - gone

1984 Nevada Beige MK2 Golf 1.6CL LHD Auto - gone

1981 Schwartz Black MK1 Golf 1600 GTI - gone

Currently Mk1less!

Back to the top
Mine from an outing Witt the kids couple of weeks ago…hence being allowed to park in that spot 

1991 Black Sportline 1.8 GTI Cabby - gone

1983 Papyrus Green 1.5 Auto GL Cabby - gone

1984 Nevada Beige MK2 Golf 1.6CL LHD Auto - gone

1981 Schwartz Black MK1 Golf 1600 GTI - gone

Currently Mk1less!

Back to the top
Here's mine. Freshly on the road last weekend.

Back to the top

Back to the top

walt said

My god he's back!!! How you doing walt ??  :thumbs:

So have you a dub chick now?? And is that the boot of your Rivage?

Nice to see you back  :cool:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Walt, Walt, Walt, hooray!!:ocf_emoticons__cheer:

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
Heres mine:

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

walt said

My god he's back!!! How you doing walt ??  :thumbs:

So have you a dub chick now?? And is that the boot of your Rivage?

Nice to see you back  :cool:

Hi Andy.. I wouldn't really say that I am back. I was never going to post on here ever again, but Dano asked me to come back on, so I posted where I felt I could help or in this case, show something that hasn't been seen before. Yes its my Rivage.. I have removed the seats and door cards to preserve them for the future. I bought some sportline recaro's and made some acoustically improved door cards and speaker pods. A full leather interior is going in in a couple of weeks.. The stereo install in the boot has another two DLS ultimate A3 amps and a pioneer p90 processor under the false floor which you can see in the pic, hence the fans. It's a fully active system with basically 7 mono amplifiers (3 dual mono amps and a single mono) 31 band graphic equaliser per side, time alignment etc etc etc.. Everything is snug push fit so no damage whatsoever to the car and its all completely reversible. All the speakers are Morel which are awesome and the head unit is a pioneer ODR RS-D7R11 which feeds the processor optically. It's all about sound quality, so even though it has good volume, its not set to destroy the car despite the potential of over 4000w of amplification.. So hopefully in another twenty years time, the car could potentially go back to how it was and show no wear at all.. Once I have the leather in, I'll set up the stereo again and maybe do some shows.. Who knows?. I'm sure there will be some who question whether what I have done is a good idea or not, however hopefully when people see and hear the quality of what I have done, they will understand. To put the whole thing into perspective, the stereo alone cost me £1,750 more that I spent on the car itself. So rest assured its not a half arsed attempt..

Back to the top

the first picture is when i collected my cabby, second i took at work a few months later

Last edit: by gnfnr88

1989 helio\'s blue clipper

Back to the top

walt said

Hi Andy.. I wouldn't really say that I am back. I was never going to post on here ever again, but Dano asked me to come back on, so I posted where I felt I could help or in this case, show something that hasn't been seen before. Yes its my Rivage.. I have removed the seats and door cards to preserve them for the future. I bought some sportline recaro's and made some acoustically improved door cards and speaker pods. A full leather interior is going in in a couple of weeks.. The stereo install in the boot has another two DLS ultimate A3 amps and a pioneer p90 processor under the false floor which you can see in the pic, hence the fans. It's a fully active system with basically 7 mono amplifiers (3 dual mono amps and a single mono) 31 band graphic equaliser per side, time alignment etc etc etc.. Everything is snug push fit so no damage whatsoever to the car and its all completely reversible. All the speakers are Morel which are awesome and the head unit is a pioneer ODR RS-D7R11 which feeds the processor optically. It's all about sound quality, so even though it has good volume, its not set to destroy the car despite the potential of over 4000w of amplification.. So hopefully in another twenty years time, the car could potentially go back to how it was and show no wear at all.. Once I have the leather in, I'll set up the stereo again and maybe do some shows.. Who knows?. I'm sure there will be some who question whether what I have done is a good idea or not, however hopefully when people see and hear the quality of what I have done, they will understand. To put the whole thing into perspective, the stereo alone cost me £1,750 more that I spent on the car itself. So rest assured its not a half arsed attempt..

Well it looks a tidy install for sure. Don't see anything wrong with what you're doing, or anyone having complaint esp as you can put it all back to standard. It's your car anyway so do as you wish! I like it though, looks a classy boot install  :thumbs:

Hope to see you about mate, I had a few years away from here due to work, life etc but can vouch for this being the place it used to be, i.e. nice, family, friendly atmosphere, no grief. It would be good to see you back  :cool:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
gnfnr88  2nd pic isn't showing mate ;)

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

walt said

walt I was right with you up to the DLS bit! 
Nice to see you participating!  :thumbs:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.