Skip navigation

MK1 1981 1.6 GLD DIESEL Cabriolet - RARE!

Back to the top

MK1 1981 1.6 GLD DIESEL Cabriolet - RARE!

Hi guys, just wanted to give you advance notice that shortly up for reluctant sale will be my much loved ?81 cabby (apparently I?m not allowed two Mk1s?)

First off, this car is uber-rare! It may be the only one of its kind left on the road. It?s a 1.6 diesel engine, and was part of a special order of 5 or 6 direct from VW in ?81. The car is totally standard with NO modifications, currently has 105k on the clock. Mot January 2009, Tax July 2008. It runs superbly with no issues and very economical, returning 50-60mpg on a run.

We are heading to the Run to the Sun event in Cornwall at the end of May with my other Mk1, following that the car will be available for sale. I?m not in a rush to sell so no silly offers; this car requires a good home!

Offers in the region of ?3000, pm me for further info ? I?ll be putting up more info and pictures if required when I come to sell. We?re in Lancaster, just over an hour north of Manchester or possibly arrange to view in Cornwall if you?re heading there.

Cheers, Mark

1981 Mk1 GLD Golf Cabriolet (sold)

1987 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet

1992 Mk1 Rivage Gti
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.