Skip navigation

1984 1.6 GL Cabriolet

Back to the top

1984 1.6 GL Cabriolet

Hey Everyone,

Well I've had a lot of fun with her but I think it's time for her to move on to a more enthusiatic home. Try as I might, she's just not that much use for carrying climbing gear around in! She's completely original as far as I can tell and I've made sure she's been kept well maintained.

Here are the details:

- 1.6 GL engine
- 125k miles
- Tax until 05/09
- MOT due 10/09
- One owner from new (FULL service record), who sold it to a lad for a year, who sold it to me a few years back.
- Original hood (I think) operates nicely, with hood cover
- Teardrop alloys with centre caps (not in photos though)

I've had some problems with the 2e2 carb which I think have now been sorted. Over the winter she wasn't idling but I replaced the Waxstat and that seem to do the trick (thanks forum dudes!). The warm air intake think had also seized up so I changed that too. I have a 2nd hand weber 32/34 DMTL carb in the garage that I never got around to fitting, and I will throw that in too.

She went through the MOT fine last time (failed with a fog lamp switch bulb!), and there was an advisory remark about the back box which will need looking at at some point. The MOT man did say he was AMAZED at how solid she was underneath though, which made me very happy.

Obviously, she's old and although I have looked after her to the best of my abilities she's not 100%. There are a few spots of surface rust and tiny chips here and there, but nothing that you wouldn't expect.

The main problem is that I believe the engine is getting a little tired, and she is burning a bit of oil. I can excuse her this with her age, but someone else might want to have an engine service/overhaul I guess.

If possible I don't want to eBay her, as I'd like to think she would go to an enthusiastic owner (I.E. one of you guys). I live out in the South Lake District by the way, and you can call me if you like on 07940 594160. I'm looking for ?800 for her. Oh, if you want to email my address is dtfcarline@yahoo.co.uk.

Thanks guys,

Dylan

1984 Mk1 GL Cabriolet, black.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.