Skip navigation

MK4 R32

Back to the top

MK4 R32

I thinking of buying an R32 for my road going car.
Has anybody owned or drove one. Wanting to know what they are like as a daily driver and how they drive and how quick they are.

Cheers Luke

\'83 Lhasa Green GX 1457cc

\'53 Mk4 Golf R32, Deep Pearl Blue

\'00 Kawasaki Ninja J1 ZX6R

\'92 B3 Passat Estate 1.6td (Now breaking) 😭

Back to the top
Well my mum had one daily drive was great  237bhp 3.2-litre engine mpg wasnt that bad great sound when reving it. interior is beautiful the seats are well comfy you should really test drive one to see if you like it

Back to the top
really like the look of them and really want one. The only downer is the insurance at ?1900 (Aged 21 with 2 claims and 3 points  :oops: )

Back to the top
unlucky wud most prob only be 1500 without your points yh great lookin car i had the 5 door model to be onest i like the look of the 5dr more than 3dr

Back to the top
for me personally it would have to be the 3dr.

Back to the top
i just love the back end with the two fat exhausts either side

Back to the top
yea i love my mk4 but just looks even betta with the big kit and exhausts. Cant decide either black or the nice blue but have also seen nice looking silver ones aswel.

Back to the top
Ive driven a Mk5, ok slightly different engine but it is sweet, lovely noise, very gron up though in comparison to a Golf VR6 / GTI type car (it just feels a bit more sensible).

I love MK4s, interior layout is fantastic, solid car and with the 3.2 it could be one for me for the future..

Has to be the Blue 3 door…

Back to the top
myn was black

Back to the top
I own one which i bought new in 03. have only managed to rack up 20k in it but loved every minute of them.
It's quick enough and handles sweet.
Recommended.

Stretch

April 14, 2005

Back to the top
Is there any common faults to look out for in the R32 when looking at buying one.

I have also had a little read on the Mondeo ST220 but it seems there are far too many expensive electrical problems with them so going too stay clear of them lol.

Back to the top
Will keep an eye on this thread as i was trying to talk the wife in to letting me have one today.

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top

r 32

:lol:  :lol: Thats what you will be doing smiling when you drive
this beast awesome.Get dsg if you can all rounded great car…

Mark one golf gti cabby - SOLD
Mark five golf gttdi sport
Toyota hiace van!!!!
Splitty ;0)

Quality is worth every penny………………………..

Back to the top
I've not had any problems with mine although the mileage is quite low for it's age.

Here is a link to a handy buyers guide from the r32oc fourm.

http://www.r32oc.com/tutorials-guides/624-r32-mk4-buyers-guide.html

Stretch

April 14, 2005

Back to the top
would like dsg if i can find a good one at a reasonable price.

Stretch, cheers for the link to the R32 owners club buyers guide is very good and gives me more things to look out for when looking to see how well looked after it really is.

Cheers luke

Back to the top

millfischk69 said

would like dsg if i can find a good one at a reasonable price.

Stretch, cheers for the link to the R32 owners club buyers guide is very good and gives me more things to look out for when looking to see how well looked after it really is.

Cheers luke

No worries

Hope you find a good one.

Stretch

April 14, 2005

Back to the top
I think they are great, and have been looking at them for a while
as my MK3 GTi needs replacing soon ish.

Dibbler.

Golf MK1 GLi Golf MK2 GTi Golf MK3 GTi Galaxy 2.3 Ghia X Seat Inca 1.9 Diesel Tomorrow is almost over, today went by so fast The only thing to look forward too is the past.

Back to the top
I previously had a 2.0 16v Mk1 running 185 bhp on bike carbs and sold it for a Mk4 R32.

The R32 is a very good car. It fairly fast, comfy and very smooth but after 6 months I got bored with it.   It just didn't feel raw enough for me and I missed tinkering with my MK1 so I sold it and now drive a MK2 G60 with around 230 BHP.

I would say that the Mk1 was a match for the R32 up to about 70 mph but it was no match after that, the R32 just goes on and on. The G60 is quite a bit quicker once you get the traction down.
There are too many online users to list.