Skip navigation

VDO gauge needle shooting strait up to maximum, fixed now

Back to the top

VDO gauge needle shooting strait up to maximum, fixed now

Hi Baller here.I have kept my MFA connected for oil temp aswell as having the gauge.My gauge also reads much higher than the MFA,still got the oil cooler connected.I guess if you didn't have either you wouldn't no to worry about it.I put mine in mainly because they look the part.
Glad you got it sorted.
Just thought? I wonder if you connected up a voltage stablizer to the dials
The Audi's that they normaly come out of might have one behind the dash that feed them,and we are not using them when we should.Just guessing :D

Back to the top
no no stabilizer used. i know you can get/make them, i sell the bits in work to do it.
i dont know if i will bother with that, but who knows might change my mind.
i have the water one working fine, seems to sit at aroubd 90 ish.
I have used the connector on the left of the water hose for this.
this has stopped the needle working on the dash though for the water, its just goes up and down so ill look at that soon and see whats going on there (its disconnected at the moment)
the piggybacked oil temp sender still doesnt seem to work only on the VDO. but not too worried about that, again if i fix that by accident then great.
all i need to do now is source some lights for behind, and wiring them up to a switch so at night i can turn off the lights if i dont want them in my face as they will be in the DIN radio slot.

Simon R - YouTube

MGH 178Y - 16v - Gone :(

KHJ 888Y - Gone
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.