Skip navigation

NWM 17 - UPDATE with date & place!

Back to the top

paul_c said

CGTI don't meet there, in fact their local meets are currently cancelled for some reason or other. I can't find the details of the other group who met there a while back, it was in Nov 2005. Anyway, here are detailed instructions for finding The Preston Brook pub:

Come off M56 at J11, follow A56 (away from Warrington) to Preston Brook, drive through the village of Preston Brook (30 speed limit) for around 1 mile, then the pub is on the right, shortly after passing the O2 building (which has a roundabout turn off) then crossing a bus lane.

hi there sorry to jump on the band wagon but i hold my monthly meets there every 3rd sunday of the month and have done for over 12 months its a great location with a pub to go into and brollies outside for when the weather is nice :wink:

are mk2 golf's allowed to join in this meet??? if so i might call and say hello to you guys

Back to the top

mk2dubclub said

paul_c said

CGTI don't meet there, in fact their local meets are currently cancelled for some reason or other. I can't find the details of the other group who met there a while back, it was in Nov 2005. Anyway, here are detailed instructions for finding The Preston Brook pub:

Come off M56 at J11, follow A56 (away from Warrington) to Preston Brook, drive through the village of Preston Brook (30 speed limit) for around 1 mile, then the pub is on the right, shortly after passing the O2 building (which has a roundabout turn off) then crossing a bus lane.

hi there sorry to jump on the band wagon but i hold my monthly meets there every 3rd sunday of the month and have done for over 12 months its a great location with a pub to go into and brollies outside for when the weather is nice :wink:

are mk2 golf's allowed to join in this meet??? if so i might call and say hello to you guys

We are primarily focused on Mk1 Golfs, however if by sheer chance a Mk2 OC were to have a meet at the same place and time, then there would always be the opportunity to compare cars side-by-side. As I see, your meet is the week before anyway?

Back to the top
It Would be a good meet if two clubs met there by sheer chance  :lol: and golfy is one of the good guys in the VW scene 8)

Back to the top

Dannyd said

It Would be a good meet if two clubs met there by sheer chance  :lol: and golfy is one of the good guys in the VW scene 8)

I agree, so long as it doesn't get so large as to turn out like a 'mini show' and attract a negative element - like a certain infamous NW gathering did! Another thing, I think for the next one (too late for this one) we'll avoid a clash with the Chester/North Wales CGTI meet - they meet in a different place at the end of each month.

Back to the top

fitting new hood

hi new to the site a lucky find on my part good site keep up the good work....been looking into getting mk1 cab but so far the ones ive looked at all seem to need new roof does anyone no how much it is to have one fitted including cost of hood. ive been told they are difficult to fit is this true and also they come with no cut out for back screen you have to cut it out yourself so im told if anyone has any info on cost or firms they would reccomend i would be most gratful and will give me more of an idea when looking at cabs to buy...cheers

Back to the top
forgot to say im in manchester area so any firms local would be of help.....cheers

Back to the top

hi

Back to the top

hi every one :D i am a new mem and doing a 20l 16v turbo conversion and would like to meet up with every one.

Back to the top

Re: NWM 17 - UPDATE with date & place!

turbonitis said

hi every one :D i am a new mem and doing a 20l 16v turbo conversion and would like to meet up with every one.

You're more than welcome to come along, but we're in the NW (Cheshire area) and you're in London????? I'm sure there's a Kent/Surrey/Sussex meet coming up soon, or perhaps Berkshire? Or Ace Caf? meet? Anyway, it would be good to meet up at a show and have a butcher's hook (note the regionality!) at your conversion!

Back to the top
Im gonna come along and meet you lot on Sunday if Im not too hung over  :oops:  and thats ok of course  :banghead:

Wont be in the MK1 tho so please allow a MKV in the car park   :?

Back to the top
Date: 25th Feb 2007
Time: 1pm
Place: Preston Brook pub, 1 mile from M56 J11.

All still as planed?

Pete

MyRivagesigi.jpg

Back to the top
Yep, its all still on and looking at the list above, promises to be a good turnout. Looking forwards to seeing everyone there!

Back to the top
Cool, be good to see some faces..:)

MyRivagesigi.jpg

Back to the top
I start work at 2 in Oswaldtwistle near Accrington and I can be late for work but not too much so I'm wonderin if I could make it in an hour :dontknow:

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore

Back to the top
mk1 still in bits  so wont be there sorry

JOEL GTI
1979 mk1 c 1.1L 33k sold :(
1983 mk1 GX 1.5L sold
1983 mk1 gti 1.6 cab sold
1984 mk2 polo 1.0 rat sold
1982 mk1 gti 1.8 sold
1984 mk2 GTI 16V vw motorsport project 16V very rare striped dead!
1985 mk2 GTI 8V runing 140BHP (track car) striping! Dead
1986 mk2 GL 1.8Ldead
1987 mk2 GTI 16V SOLD
Lots of mk3 gti's vr6's and a tdi all sold
1992 mk2 GTI 8V  runout edition sold then bought then sold the bought back and striped!
1990 mk2 GTI 8V in tornado red new car :)

Back to the top
Weather forcast not ideal!!! Last time I looked it was showers all weekend. boooooooo

Back to the top
It?s saying overcast but dry for Sunday?. at the moment?  :dontknow:

MyRivagesigi.jpg

Back to the top
Its February, and its Britain, so we can't really do anything about the weather. It will still go ahead come rain or shine…..if its raining, I'll be spending most of the time inside the pub!

Back to the top
We can hope……. prey (if that way inclined)……… cross fingers (if not) We'll i've just managed to make the sun come out by doing that

Back to the top
look forward in seeing members there.count me in...stew
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.