Skip navigation

how long have you owned

Back to the top

how long have you owned

how long have you owned

Have owned my mk1 golf gti for three years but has spent the last 18 months in the garage being restored. :(

Cheers
Craig

Back to the top
Hi Y'all

Think I can just beat Dave M….had mine from new in April '82 so that must be 23 yrs, 1 month 3 weeks, 2 days, 4 hrs and 23 minutes…..It got a new a*se-end for its birthday.

Cheers

Mk1 GTI
B5 Passat Estate 5 SPeed
Riley 1071"S" Elf Mk2  (Bl**dy Hooligan machine!)
Bosch Lawnraker 32

Back to the top

superworm said

It got a new a*se-end for its birthday.

My mates girlfriend wanted one of those!  :lol:  Congrats on the long & happy marriage of man & car… :cheer:

Back to the top
Had mine since May 1985 so that's just 20 years.
Is this the longest owned Campaign?
Anyway, I think I paid about ?5200 for it and, looking back, that was quite a lot then. It had done 40,000 miles in its first 10 months, then became a second car, then was p/x'd against a Scirocco. Got to know the first owner later on.
Went to Wolfsburg when it was 10, then it was stolen, ringed and recovered and I'm still with it.

Back to the top

David said

Had mine since May 1985 so that's just 20 years.
Is this the longest owned Campaign?
Anyway, I think I paid about ?5200 for it and, looking back, that was quite a lot then. It had done 40,000 miles in its first 10 months, then became a second car, then was p/x'd against a Scirocco. Got to know the first owner later on.
Went to Wolfsburg when it was 10, then it was stolen, ringed and recovered and I'm still with it.

Cool - Good that you got it back!

Back to the top
What is it about the magic year 1994 - I'm another 11-year owner!

Bought my first car, a Mars Red 1.3 CL with 88k on it for ?400 on 1 Feb 1994

Bought my second car, a Lhasa Green Campaign on 11 Jan 1997 (My wife began driving the red one).

Currently they're both awaiting restoration (they're in the pic below), but I've no space or time at present, but I'm going to have them both on the road by the time I'm 40 (36 now).

Back to the top

Type17 said

but I'm going to have them both on the road by ther time I'm 40 (36 now).

Betcher don't then!  :D

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
LOL - managed to check when I go the TT now…. 1st June 1992 . Feels longer though  :?  :?  all I can think is that it must be LOVE  :lol:  :lol: or an addiction  :lol:

Turbo Technics MK1 Golf GTI's - where are you ?

http://www.VWTurbo.co.uk

Back to the top
Bought my Campaign December 2003. Been getting in parts and gearing up towards strip-down and resto this summer but half of me isn't relishing the lack of driving time, so considering sell it and buy restored….

decisions, decisions! :scratch:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Do it yourself if you can Hairyarse, buy another mk1 to run while you do it  :D . I know its daunting, but once you get into to it you'll love it - or am I just a masochist? Think you bond more with a car, if you know you've made it look that good - good luck

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
Totally agree with you Mark - I want to get stuck in with it. Part of my problem is I have Mars Red but always fancied a Black Gti - but now Silver is looking appealing too! Just can't make my mind up! :banghead:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.