Skip navigation

North West

Back to the top

North West

any members from the north west, preston/blackpool/lancaster area?

Back to the top

Any members in north west?

Hi there! I was wondering the same thing! Everyone seems to be from down south or up in scotland! What on earth is going on? Not had any invites to any meets yet! Might go to this dubfreeze on sunday! Hope there is something at tatton park this year too! It should be on august 14th (VW Northwest) Fear not my friend you are not alone!....Walt!

Back to the top
And  then there's me all the way up in Kendal (originally a Southerner (Accrington))

Back to the top
car wont be on the road on sunday, where is dubfreeze?. anyone going to GTi spring festival and fancy going in convoy?

Back to the top
I'm from Warrington (!)

Don't think I'll be going to Dubfreeze this year, but from the chat on other forums it sounds like it will be busy (a good one !)

Will deffo be at Tatton - love that show, nice and relaxed with a great autojumble

Cheers,

Mark

Back to the top
Where is the spring festival? What are the turnouts generally like to these events? Never been to a VW meet before!

Back to the top
GTi Spring festival is at Santa pod. it should be a good turnout. and i wont feel so stupid driving a mk2...

Back to the top
Me   I'm from Warrington as well !!! What about the show at Bodelwyddan castle North Wales  www.all-types.co.uk on 14/15 May can only be about 50 miles from Warrington. Tatton park thats local to me as well  so I'll be going to both :D

Back to the top
I'd be up for the all-types show. Never been but looks good (thanks for the link Robbo). Not seen that many Mk1's in Warrington recently. Mine's been in the garage for a year or so  :oops: but blast about in the Caddy Sport now and again (mostly to Wickes and B&Q though - doing up a shed of a house at the mo. !)
Mark.

Back to the top
Mark.   I've only had the cabrio for 3 weeks and its getting a bit of a sorting at the moment. It WILL be sorted for spring !!  :D  Dont worry in my experience houses never get finished it just looks like your getting to the end of it (27 years of it and still not finished)  8O. North Wales sounds ace

Back to the top
There's definately fewer mk1s the further north you go in England.
And then there's me all the way up in Kendal
That's very near to me when I'm not in Leeds, the rarity makes it better though.

Back to the top
Hello fellow North Westeners  :P  I'm Karl and live in sunny Ingleton (Home) and  Leeds (uni). So when at home I'm very near to Kendal and Lancaster.

I really want to do some shows as I've not been to any yet. It would be great to meet up with you guys!

We should stay in touch and try and organise travelling/meeting at the shows. What do you think? :D

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Good Idea! Definately going to the closer meets ie Tatton park and I think there is one over yorkshire way next month! Making a few friends on the site already,  it would be great to meet up with everyone! Thanks again to Robbo for the hood samples (anyone else like to see them, feel free to ask!) Cheers….Walt!

Back to the top

Greetings from Chester

Greetings from another North West Golf nut in Chester where you will find 4 golf's on the driveway including a mk1 gti 1.6 awaiting the completion of a seven year restoration !

Back to the top
Preston and Blackburn are my regular places but I do travel around a fair bit. Keep an eye out for a red cabby with a cream hood!
All Types was good last year boiling hot day with no shade meant a few red bodies!! We had a ride down to Llandudno afterwards as well. Tatton was another really hot day and a venue that I've been to a couple of times.
if you are around the Preston area there is a monthly meet run by Club GTI members (1st Sunday in the month at The
Myerscough pub opposite BAE), we get a variety of motors ranging but all water cooled. A trip is planned for Worthersea (?) by some of them later this year, returning in time for Inters.
If you fancy poping along the old 'more the merrier' springs to my mind.
See you there or on the road!!
Dano

Back to the top
I'm from Oswaldtwistle near Blackburn and was wondering if anyone meets up. Bae is very close to me so I might try and get there next week sunday if its on. I really need to drive another mk1 just on a car park as i feel my steering is knackered up from the extra stiff suspension that was fitted before. Is the meeting on next weekend then and if so what time?

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore

Back to the top
Dj Ev,
        The meet is on every 1st Sunday of the month from 2pm onwards. I think the general thing to do is turn up, buy a drink in the pub (to keep them happy) and nosey at the rest of the motors. Attendance is varied usually due to the weather/shows etc but the 'hard core' always turn up. I work alternate weekends and the meets have got out of step for me so I can only go if work is quiet!!
On the steering front, seek Dave out, he's the guy who organises the meets and trips to shows and whose old red Golf GTI adorns the cover of the book 'You And Your Volkswagen Golf GTI'. He knows quite a lot about the hatchback, I have a cabriolet and won't feel the same as yours.
I will try to get down (in a works Fiesta!!) and see the group.

Back to the top
Looks like I'll be tellin the wife I'm just goin to the shop for some bread. See you (if you can get out) there but dont get the sack for it.

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore

Back to the top

say hello

hi
i thought there was only a few of us in the north now i find theres a few in warrington never mind the rest of the nw. there seems to be more of us around at the moment though seen quite a few cabs in warrington of late. i'm fairly easy to spot in my papyrus green gx so if you see me say hello the bettle boys do it so why should'nt the golfs.

dave

Back to the top
Novocain  I bet there's more to come
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.