Skip navigation

T-CUT OR NOT T-CUT

Back to the top

T-CUT OR NOT T-CUT

I just picked up a 1.8 GTi in mars red, it was a daily driver and is in need of a good polish to bring its shine back, would you recomend using T-CUT to brighten up that aul mars red?

FOR SALE:1982 VW Golf 1.8 GTi (VW Classic Green Pearl)

2006 VW Touareg 2.5TDI (Ravenna Blue)Fully loaded

FOR SALE:2003 VW Golf PD150 (Reflex Silver)

172.5bhp/299.1lb ft (standard/no modifications)

1990 BMW M3 (US Model)

www.vagdrivers.net

Back to the top

Re: T-CUT OR NOT T-CUT

NO, t cut is primitive(full of bad chemicals) use g3 and then if you have a lot of swirl marks use g10 and then a good quality wax(auto glym) and hey presto shiney car back

Back to the top
i used t-cut on an 82 in red took me a whole bloody day n it went from a banger to a minter honest    mindya dont think it had seen polish in its life but ohh what a difference literally mould on roof black blobs n i had to literally scrub n it had never had a respray but it looked mwahhhhhhhhh
ohh and it was an 82 mk1 van 1 owner 34k sold it to lad in lincolnshire

Back to the top
I think all red cars fade something to do with the sun methinks.

Back to the top

alexh said

NO, t cut is primitive(full of bad chemicals) use g3 and then if you have a lot of swirl marks use g10 and then a good quality wax(auto glym) and hey presto shiney car back

Not seen G3/G10 before. Are these 'off the shelf' products or trade only?

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Hairyarse, G3 is available at most motor factors - quality stuff. Think it is essentially aimed at the trade, but is also sold to the general public

Cheers

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
G3, G10 and polishing mops are all available mailorder through Screwfix direct. Bizzare I know but they list them in the catalogue (bought some a few months back. Prices aren't too bad as well if your struggling to find this type of stuff.

Turbo Technics MK1 Golf GTI's - where are you ?

http://www.VWTurbo.co.uk

Back to the top
take the car to a bodyshop.. they will mop it for u using g3 and g10 wiv a proper buffing machine! done it to my mates red bmw and looked like a new car.. from pink to rosso ferrari red :P

they apply water onto the body as they do it cos if u rub too hard the paint will heat up and come off….just to warn u cos paint on mk1s is very thin…
im sure u can do it urself though,

Back to the top
My mate finishes cars in a body shop and he said to use G3, but he also said to be really careful too, it'll take all the paint off otherwise.

Back to the top
I'll look into that G3 stuff, it was just to bring a bit of life back into the colour of the car :cry:

FOR SALE:1982 VW Golf 1.8 GTi (VW Classic Green Pearl)

2006 VW Touareg 2.5TDI (Ravenna Blue)Fully loaded

FOR SALE:2003 VW Golf PD150 (Reflex Silver)

172.5bhp/299.1lb ft (standard/no modifications)

1990 BMW M3 (US Model)

www.vagdrivers.net

Back to the top

alexh said

Sorry to get picky but Autoglym is a polish not a wax.
If you are dont mind spending some money try putting some Swissol or Zymol wax on the car …you will notice the difference 8O  :D

Back to the top
The reason T-CUT is so good is that the diy motorist can apply it by hand at home .

Farcella G3 great . But meant for professional use with the correct cutting mop on your machine , small areas say a minor blow in respray yes but a complete car by hand …..

T-CUT is or should i say was ! So good in fact that the chemicals [ammonia {smelly nappy} and more] have now been removed due to legislation , same story with garden pesticides . G3 and the like are cutting compounds -they remove a small layer of paint-so do it once and keep it polished or waxed to retain its original shine . I have seen cars T-Cutted so much that the original primer has started to show through .

Chudd….

Back to the top

skid auto glym do a wax but you cant buy it in your local halfords or motor factors. trade only as it only comes in 5 litre cans and it aint cheap but good it is

Back to the top

alexh said

skid auto glym do a wax but you cant buy it in your local halfords or motor factors. trade only as it only comes in 5 litre cans and it aint cheap but good it is

Zymol will give a magnificent finish and as it is water based it is less damaging to fragile paint work. The problem is it is very time consuming.
There are too many online users to list.