Skip navigation

Mario

Back to the top

Mario

castellets which I like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top

Mario

Ats cups , probably the nicest wheels , had them refurbished but the lacquer was showing signs of lifting which is why I sold them

Back to the top

Mario

And what's on the car now, Ronal 16s , I think there called

Back to the top
Looks nice that ;)

ATS Cups always look good on a MK1. I do like the Estorils too - such a nice wheel (easy to clean too!!)  :P  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Mario

Been looking to get the car back to a factory look  before I sell it on so I got my hands on a set of Pirelli p slots as a swap for a set of castellets I had, missing three caps but I got s good deal.

Back to the top

Mario

i also swapped my rallye seats  for these seats, funny I don't like these s seats and paul the guy that took the rallye seats isn't a fan of rallye seats either. Originality hoh?

Back to the top

Mario

i also swapt  my shifter to the better 02j set up from a tdi golf

Back to the top

Mario

So I was looking at the wheels I bought and thought I'd see how hard it would be to take the old paint off i bought the tyre changer  a long time ago it's a sealey Jobbie I think,easy to use plus a free workout, but what they fail to mention is the tyre lever is for steel wheels it'll damage aluminium wheels  so you need to wrap it a bit , and to buy the lever for alloys is more expensive than the whole tyre changer itself

Back to the top

Mario

Your supposed to bolt tyre changer yo floor but I've nowhere to put it . Anyway got one tyre off. Started sand it which was easy enough

Back to the top

Mario

I know great slippers, I spent about half hour on this rim with 240 paper in my disc sander, not sure what grade to finish with. I'll spray it with 2 k etch primer I have in the shed and get some paint made up then clear coat it. Is there black paint in the P or does it just look black because of the shadow from the P? Cos it looks silver in around the P definitely not black

Back to the top

Mario

while I was changing the shifter I had all the carpets out , I decided to give the floor a paint , it's rust free and solid , it had a wee hump from where someone put the jack in wrong place  so Igave it a bang of hammer and block of wood

Back to the top

Mario

My rear taillight where the m3 or whatever there called in pro jobbies which where filling with water, so I swapped them over to these ones, and put on new plates which I bought in worthersee.

Back to the top

Mario

Back to the top

Mario

Any idea how much gear oil I need to use for the 02A box  I drained it when I changed the shifter?

Back to the top

Mario

The sill trims I have got mario are fupper, I got these from a cabrio but they seem to be too wide and aren't a tight fit are they to wide ?

Back to the top

Mario

Been looking for some Pirelli p caps , but there's crazy people out there looking for rockstar money for these. There also must be even crazier people out there buying them, I got in touch with  a lad that is making me four from s sample I gave him, he sent me this which shows them being made, hope video works

235 views (306 Kb)

Back to the top

Mario

Video

200 views (306 Kb)

Back to the top

Mario

Sorry folks can't seem to select video

Back to the top
Never mind.  Sure it's interesting watching it
Any photos ?

Back to the top

Mario

Caps aren't finished yet he said six or seven hours per cap, I haven't seen finished item yet pic from the drawing he sent me

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.