Skip navigation

A challenging project.....

Back to the top
But, will be quite a rare car when completed….I wish I had the skill, time, cash etc, to give it a go….

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322013935717?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Back to the top
image.jpeg I saw that as well, it says a barn find but think it looks more like a barn fire to me!

Let's hope someone takes it on though.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top

RichardHall said

image.jpeg I saw that as well, it says a barn find but think it looks more like a barn fire to me!

Let's hope someone takes it on though.
Sold for £3.8k
Is that a lot?
Or was it cheap for a complete (but wreck of a) 4 speed s1?…….

Back to the top

Simon M said

Sold for £3.8k
Is that a lot?
Or was it cheap for a complete (but wreck of a) 4 speed s1?…….
Yes it's alot…………  and alot of work.  :thumbs: 

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
Doesn't seem that long ago that nearly £4k would buy a very nice GTI…..

However with best original MK1s now making £10,000+++ and a minty early GTI prob much more it is now £ feasible to restore stuff like this, esp if you can DIY lots of the work yourself.  

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
I went to see it, a hell of a lot of work, drivers seat lifted off the rotten floor.  But not much missing. Throuble was though it's been so damp for so long I would guess a lot of stuff would be goosed.

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
Be nice to know who won, as I dropped out at £2150

Regards Volkswarren

Back to the top

volkswarren said

'Buy it now' £1.5k a fortnight ago, sold for £3.8k yesterday - nice work!!

Back to the top

He accepted best offer £1200, spoke to him, as I said if it fell through let me know. lol

Regards Volkswarren

Back to the top
Wow, that's a lot of money for a wreck. Personally I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Will take  £000s and hours to get it right. Good luck to whoever bought it!

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top

russt said

Wow, that's a lot of money for a wreck. Personally I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Will take  £000s and hours to get it right. Good luck to whoever bought it!

Is it?

1980 Mars Red GTI BRMotorsport 142
1983 Black GTI

Back to the top
Whether it went for 2 or 4K - it's going to pale into insignificance with the amount that's going to need spending on it to put it right.

There's nigh on a 1000 hours to do that justice. O_o

Back to the top

I'd have brought it at 2k yes it needs work, but it would be worth it if your not paying to have it done.

Regards Volkswarren

Back to the top
I saw this too - makes the rough campaign I saw on another thread look a minter! It's the epitome of how crazy mk1 prices are going. Don't get me wrong- it's great news if you view your mk1 as an investment, but I can't help feeling these prices make what is regarded as an obtainable practical classic for the masses, somewhat unobtainable! 

Compulsive buyer of knackered VWs!!!

Previous rides;

'81 Mk1 1100 C
'83 Mk1 1.8 GTI
'93 Corrado 16v 9A
'81 Mk1 GLI cab
'91 Mk2 16v KR
'89 T3 Whitestar
'87 T3 Caravelle GL
'95 Polo G40 LHD
'93 Mk1 Sportline LHD

Back to the top

volkswarren said

I'd have brought it at 2k yes it needs work, but it would be worth it if your not paying to have it done.

True but its still many hours of spare time to get it done.
I've seen it many times before. Start with good intentions and then circumstances change or can't wait to get it finished so buy another more usable vehicle which then eats the funds. I've been there myself!
A project like that you need to have the money up front to see it through and be 110% committed and never stop.
I showed my wife it and what it went for. She said she'd divorce me if I came home with something like that for that much money!……
Let me know if you see any similar!! :lol:

I know of a Manilla Green LHD series 1 small block with uber low miles thats had a body restoration and has loads of new parts and just needs screwing together but the guys circumstances have changed. It currently stands him about 8K. As it is he'll be lucky to get half back as an unfinished project. It is for sale if its of interest. volkswarren

Back to the top

I'm only after a GTi but thanks

Regards Volkswarren

Back to the top

Back to the top

Yeah he's not responded since yesterday regarding viewing.  No doubt inundated with questions/offers

Regards Volkswarren

Back to the top
A challenge again but looks more solid and a tad dryer than the other one!

Compulsive buyer of knackered VWs!!!

Previous rides;

'81 Mk1 1100 C
'83 Mk1 1.8 GTI
'93 Corrado 16v 9A
'81 Mk1 GLI cab
'91 Mk2 16v KR
'89 T3 Whitestar
'87 T3 Caravelle GL
'95 Polo G40 LHD
'93 Mk1 Sportline LHD
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.