Skip navigation

kamikaze cabby's latest ebay purchace..... hehehe

Back to the top
not really been upto much more… just cleaning and painting brackets etc…

engine bay area looking a little better with all the black paint removed, just need it steamed off now which I hoped to do today but it's raining again :(

also cleaned off under the front arch areas :)

would like to get the damper toobs off as well and get those painted up as they look orible!

1992 clipper……..  "THE BLACK ONE"
1990 mk1 caddy…… " THE PIKEY WAGON"
1969 type 3 notchback

Back to the top
engine bay area is getting there now… I have made a bit more progress since this piccy but it seems I can't help myself from sorting more bits so slow ish going!

1969 type 3 notchback

Back to the top
Looks a lot better already. Looking forward to the end result.

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
I'm liking what you have done under the bonnet. Gives me something to aim at with mine. Your story regarding this cab sounds similar to my own just mine isn't as well spec'd as this one. Looks great.

What have you used to degrease the engine and general under bonnet bits? Good old GUNK and a steam/jetwash?

1985 GL Cabriolet - Long Gone
Several GTI Tintops - Long Gone
Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian 2013 - Daily Workhorse

Back to the top

kamikaze cabby said

jayc said

The PAS pipe on the outside is likely to act as a cooler for the fluid.

really???

yep. Doesn't take much to cool a PAS system. Most cars just run a  length of metal pipe that's in the front airstream.

Back to the top

jayc said

kamikaze cabby said

jayc said

really???

yep. Doesn't take much to cool a PAS system. Most cars just run a  length of metal pipe that's in the front airstream.

well it's going anyways as it looks terrible and I am gunna have earlier black bumpers on it so it will be on show… i'll get some lines made by my local hydraulic hose company which will be part hard line and part single braid flex as these were taken form a mk2 or 3 and bodged in there…. it's not sitting well with me and since I now have the brake servo off to do a servo upgrade the access to the lines around the bulkhead area is loads better so I hope to get some measurements figured out and get them to make some nice new ones :)
at the end of the dat I have never seen a car with external pas lines (well at least none that I have owned have had!!)

1969 type 3 notchback

Back to the top

jayc said

kamikaze cabby said

jayc said

really???

well it's going anyways as it looks terrible and I am gunna have earlier black bumpers on it so it will be on show… i'll get some lines made by my local hydraulic hose company which will be part hard line and part single braid flex as these were taken form a mk2 or 3 and bodged in there…. it's not sitting well with me and since I now have the brake servo off to do a servo upgrade the access to the lines around the bulkhead area is loads better so I hope to get some measurements figured out and get them to make some nice new ones :)
at the end of the day I have never seen a car with external pas lines (well at least none that I have owned have had!!)

1969 type 3 notchback

Back to the top

ridders said

I'm liking what you have done under the bonnet. Gives me something to aim at with mine. Your story regarding this cab sounds similar to my own just mine isn't as well spec'd as this one. Looks great.

What have you used to degrease the engine and general under bonnet bits? Good old GUNK and a steam/jetwash?

nope on the alloy I used a combo of a wire brush and for the smaller nooks a wire doofer on a drill… then jetwashed…. then steam cleaned! :)
it's not perfect but a whole bunch better than it was when I got it (wish I had taken a picky of how it was before I removed all the previous black paint….. it was all black head block and gearbox, looked like blackboard paint! :(

1969 type 3 notchback

Back to the top

Beeno said

Looks a lot better already. Looking forward to the end result.

cheers man…. for a while the engine bay is gunna be the cleanest area on the car as I know I'm not gunna be able to afford the body work till a later date :(

1969 type 3 notchback

Back to the top
after doing some more research into mk1's with pas I have found out that the reservoir sits to the left of the rad on the front panel (which by nature of it's position would help the cooling of the fluid!) not on the screen washer bottle like mine does… so now my hunt for the correct reservoir and mounting bracket starts, this is a good thing as the lines which I was gunna replace anyways are going to be a lot shorter and will be by far easier to route and loads tidier in the engine bay! :)

1969 type 3 notchback

Back to the top
got a correct pas reservoir and bracket on the way from the states :) so next up will be measure up the lines and get my local hydraulic hose company to make me some…. sweet I like the idea of correcting someone else's bodge job and doing it right…
also after the AGM last weekend I had some visual inspiration as to what rims I wanted on it so today I nabbed a bargain… x4 almost new 15" so called G60 rims with conti premium contact tyres again almost new and x4 centre caps for the grand total of £160.01p… so stoked with that buy and can't wait to pick 'em up later this week, gunna look soooo much better than what is currently on it! :)

1969 type 3 notchback

Back to the top
I had a parts delivery this morning… some uv blacklight led's for the clocks so now hopefully instead of the stock green illumination I will have just the numerals and needles glowing under the blacklight! :)
bit chavtastic but I wanted to see what it looked like and I needed to replace the dash bulbs anyways so figured why not change it up a little! :)

1969 type 3 notchback

Back to the top
so I have made a little more progress over the last few day in that I have now removed all the shocks and clipper kit… next up is to rebuild ma new bilstein b4 dampers with the H&R springs I got from funkstar at the agm and get em fitted, just got to refurb ma rear beam first, oh yeah I also need to drop the fuel tank and source one with no rust issues… hahaha the quick slap an mot and use it kinda went out the window!!

1969 type 3 notchback

Back to the top
A fair bit of work then!! LOL

It should ride nicely on that suspension though ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
get in…… :)
I bagged myself a stainless 4 branch manifold earlier….. happy chappy :)

1969 type 3 notchback

Back to the top
and the best bit was it only cost me 50 quid!!! :) :)

1969 type 3 notchback

Back to the top
Bargain!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

kamikaze cabby said

and the best bit was it only cost me 50 quid!!! :) :)

:thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
get in… yet another bargain today at the totally VAG show, a full set of HEL braided brake lines mk1 rears and GM banjo'ed fronts for £40…..schweeeet! :)

1969 type 3 notchback

Back to the top

kamikaze cabby said

get in… yet another bargain today at the totally VAG show, a full set of HEL braided brake lines mk1 rears and GM banjo'ed fronts for £40…..schweeeet! :)

:thumbs:  score  :thumbs:

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.