Skip navigation

2.0 16V ABF conversion first impressions

Back to the top

collected yesterday...

mark1gls said

Might be worth looking into some type of heat shield for the exhaust downpipe or steering rack gaiter as they cook so close to the exhaust.
Your suspension top mounts also look past there best.

Heat shield? Definitely. I thought that myself. 
Strut mounts? . I Truly replace these guys every year. I think they are genuine? I was considering an alternative but struggling for recommendations for a better or tougher unit. 
I have a bit of aluminium in the garage, so I'll see if I can attach for the heat plate. I have heat wrap from a previous project that will find its way onto this car.
I had to go out earlier in the car, very warm in Glasgow just now. Fantastic! I'm now looking for excuses to go drive, makes me feel like I'm 20 again!  :lol:  

Back to the top
Thanks for the pics.
Looks really good. Lots of smiles per mile  :thumbs:

Back to the top
The last time a put an ABF in a mk1 for a customer I used a stock Scirocco 16v exhaust downpipe, which fitted the cast manifold… all factory and fitted a treat.

A year later he replaced it with a posh stainless fourbranch and lost power..

Scirocco 16v downpipes are out there…

Back to the top

Craigt said

Desperado said

Are you still running K jet or did you swap to the newer set up?
The previous set up was a carb, this is the full mk3 system. Had to have a new tank and full fuelling system installed. Ecu is in the scuttle tray. Looks pretty modern in there.  :oI'll see if I can get pics up.

It looks like it's meant to be there :thumbs:

My New Year's resolutions are: 1. Stop making lists. B. Be more consistent. 7. Learn to count.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.