Skip navigation

Joe's G60 Project

Back to the top
Love this, sweet - Good to see another Leicester Mk1 :thumbs:

Back to the top

pazwaa said

That's a lovely looking engine shopping list. 250 bhp will put a smile on your face too  :thumbs:

Matt

Yeah I know!! My bank account and I aren't the best of friends after that hahaha, that's what I'm hoping to run anyway, something around that mark :) cheers dude

Back to the top

GTI_Jim said

Love this, sweet - Good to see another Leicester Mk1 :thumbs:

Cheers dude, where abouts are you then man??  :thumbs:

Back to the top
I am East Side (Houghton) what about you

J

Back to the top
Good progress you've made so far mate, keep it up, seems most Mk1 owners are in there 30's upwards (No offence to anyone!) Its good to keep the younger lot in them though! (I can say this as I'm 24 lol)

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI
2015 Mk7 Golf R 2.0 TSI 4motion DSG
2011 Caddy Maxi Kombi 1.6 TDi
1982 Mk1 Golf GTi 3 Door 1.8t - Build Thread

Back to the top
cool project….them seats what you go with the car look like rs1600i sheel seats

looks a solid base which is always nice….. 250hp are you going for a steel boom end?

Back to the top

GTI_Jim said

I am East Side (Houghton) what about you

J

Narbrough road near the jaguar garage :)

Back to the top
Bit of an update..

Treated the 60 to a few little bits just recently, picked up a key ring from UD along with a rain tray seal from VW Heritage.

Also got this Jabba sport intake kit off ebay, pretty pleased with this..

Did some more engine bay cleaning ready for the body shop, started off by deleting the expansion tank bracket. Having to work on it 1 handed as I dislocated my wrist and have had an operation and 3 pins put in to hold it all together, but that's another story…

Still need to get the final little bit off.

Some more paint stripping and cleaning up, need to get some gunk and get rid of the rest…

Test fitted my GTI arm rests and removed the nasty pinkish vinyl someone put on the door handle inserts…

Still looking pretty sorry for its self though :(

Picked up some 60 inspiration at UD though!

Thats about it for now, hopefully more work this weekend if the weather holds out…

Cheers

Back to the top
So I haven't updated for a fair while!!

I have been in and out of hospital with my wrist having various operations and different sets of antibiotics so not a great deal has been done due to the use of one hand mainly :(anyway time to look on the bright side as it is on the mend now!!

First things first, I started to get some sealant on the inner wings.

Took the loom out from the engine bay.

Got the front struts back on and put her on all fours again.

Started stripping all the sealant in the engine bay, I now appreciate people who have done this so much more now as its such a ball ache!!!

Getting somewhere…

Deleted the break line and engine loom tabs

Bay now stands at this…

Took some photos on my Medium format film camera.. Since these I have managed to take my dash out too.

I also managed to find some AWESOME wheels, never really seen them before and couldn't resist sooooo….

I also got my G60 ECU and shifter with hydraulic change, I bought a corrado pedal box, master cylinder and servo with intentions of welding in the new box and modifying the bulk head to have the new hydraulic clutch MC but due to having the break bar it would have fouled it so that idea is now out the window and I'm taking it up to John at JH Pro Paint (Route 32) for him to build me a custom  race servo box so i can now delete the break bar and MC instead!

Also bought a new roof to have it swapped back to a tin top rather than my roof that has just had a sunroof hole cut into it!

New updates hopefully will happen faster now!

Cheers

Back to the top
rubbing engine bays down is a horrendous task, but sooo worth it once finished  :thumbs:  looking good!

matt

Back to the top
Did this project ever finish
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.